Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

dmcdante wrote: »
    Is this going to be single player only??

Is your google broken?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/28050/
    Single player only, thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Don't know if its been posted but here are scans of the PSM3 Review.
    http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7704
    Anyone know if Gamestop are still doing that 3 Game trade in deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GTR63 wrote: »
    Don't know if its been posted but here are scans of the PSM3 Review.
    http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7704
    Anyone know if Gamespot are still doing that 3 Game trade in deal.

I could have sworn that ended last month,could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watching some achievement vids on youtube and the game looks so class! Definitely leaning towards this over dead island. Is the beta worth a download (is this illegal talk? forgive if it is :)) to get a feel for the gameplay?

I only played deus ex once, last year, and must have been the old graphics but it lost my attention when newer games had come out. Too late to try deus ex again?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

5uspect wrote: »
    Is your google broken?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/28050/
    Single player only, thankfully.

Thanks and i am in work and they have all the game sites are blocked:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The orginal Deus Ex is still well worth playing.

There is a recently released texture overhaul mod that replaces 75% of the orginal in game textures with higher quaility ones.

So far a list of known reviews.

94% PC Gamer.
    10/10 Offical Xbox Magazine
    8/10 Offical Playstation Magazine.
    91% Pelit (Finnish gaming magazine)
    94% Games Master
    10/10 Edge Magazine (according to people who have reciebed an advanced copy of the next edition)

Complaints so far are about the boss battles and long loading times.

I did notice longish load times in the beta build but it wasn't that big a thing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Ordered the augmented edition from hmv.co.uk for €38 today.
    Seems to be about the going price at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Azza wrote: »
    Complaints so far are about the boss battles and long loading times.

I did notice longish load times in the beta build but it wasn't that big a thing for me.

Those complaints wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

The boss battles in Deus Ex 1 were incredibly easy, too. When you maxed your weaponry to the max nothing except the robots and enemies in big numbers were a challenge.

I think the complaints around the boss battles is that your forced to fight them with no option for stealth. Which is contrast to the rest of the game.

Load times are probably longer on the consoles than on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

so can i buy a pc copy of amazon without worry?

EDIT: I see g2play.net are selling steam keys for €30. tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think the complaints around the boss battles is that your forced to fight them with no option for stealth. Which is contrast to the rest of the game.

Load times are probably longer on the consoles than on PC.
    Ok, that sucks. That really sucks. Sure in Deus Ex 1 the boss fights were easy, but how utterly awesome was it to discover - simply through dialogue trees and plot choices at that - Gunther Hermann's
    Killswitch word, "Laputin Machine"; and watch him die without a fight!
    . Those were the perfect moments that made Deus Ex 1 so great in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same with Anna Navara, never found Gunther's after all his orange in the vending machine. Never did get his lemon and lime.:D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Pre-ordered it, but couldn't pre-order the augmented edition, too late to do so :( D'oh. I assume its just an art book and an extra gun or something, I'll google it now. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

PS3 version or Xbox 360 version? Decisions, decisions! Will have to wait for a "Face off" on Eurogamer! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im getting the ps3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Getting it for PS3 off Gamesnash but going on holidays at the weekend so won't be able to play it til I get back by which time i'm guessing this thread will be spoilerific!

Started Deus Ex last night. What a class game! Just did the training and half way through 1st mission but mad to lash into it! I see a lot of mods to improve graphics, can anyone recommend one they have used and fully works?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Started Deus Ex last night. What a class game! Just did the training and half way through 1st mission but mad to lash into it! I see a lot of mods to improve graphics, can anyone recommend one they have used and fully works?

Well; first of all; try out the latest version of the "New Vision" mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision

It simply gives you new/sharper textures. (There are other mods which give you Direct X 10 lighting, or new character models, or changed gameplay features, etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Does anyone know if there's any Deus Ex explained Videos or articles? Was always interested in the story but never played the original

Stev_o wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any Deus Ex explained Videos or articles? Was always interested in the story but never played the original

Voila!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex

I'm sure any old dog of a PC would run the original by now. You could always pick up the PS2 version either. Its not quite as good but its still decent.

• Advertisement

I've ordered it from Gamestop.ie

Is it at all likely that I'll actually recieve the game at my house on the 26th (friday?).

If so; I'm going to ask for the day off work now!

(BTW I picked the "express delivery" option)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've ordered it from Gamestop.ie

Is it at all likely that I'll actually recieve the game at my house on the 26th (friday?).

If so; I'm going to ask for the day off work now!

(BTW I picked the "express delivery" option)
    I'd imagine you'll probably get it the day before. Not sure if it will unlock via Steam (if you have the PC version that is) until Friday.

My pre-order been dispatched to me today. As it Steamworks I doubt it will be playable until Friday though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's one of the reasons i'm not bothered about ordering it online. Won't be able to play till Friday anyway (i'd assume). I plan on picking it up on Friday in HMV.

My pre-order been dispatched to me today. As it Steamworks I doubt it will be playable until Friday though.

where did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've seen the ad for this on TV and watched a couple of trailers and it looks good but if I bought it, would the story be lost on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've seen the ad for this on TV and watched a couple of trailers and it looks good but if I bought would the story be lost on me?

Well its a prequel, set 25 years before Deus Ex 1, so there will be hints to stuff from the first game but should be able to follow the story easy enough without a massive encyclopedia of knowledge from the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Gamestop just cancelled my pre-order :mad:

Gamestop just cancelled my pre-order :mad:

why? feckers better not have cancelled mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

why?

Augmented Edition is out of stock, they did however state they would include a free gift as an apology if I order the standard edition, which luckily for me is about €3 cheaper than Amazon.

Advertisement