Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Many go for the CE ?

Cant wait for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Gamestop cancelled my Augmented Edition order too, I find their name very ironic now...

What's the next cheapest for Augmented Edition?

Actually I might just not bother to order it for a while, my wrists needs the rest (no not w*ankers cramp you sicko, I use computers too much and it's given me arthritis or something, f*cking things!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH, I'd written off this game considering the original in my eyes is a near untouchable masterpiece. I was content to ignore this sequel, but if it's actually good I am happy to be pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: Edge have a placeholder page saying their review is up at 5. Peculiar, and potentially exciting if the rumoured 10/10 is true. Means it's on the same level as Halo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Gamestop cancelled my Augmented Edition order too, I find their name very ironic now...

What's the next cheapest for Augmented Edition?

Actually I might just not bother to order it for a while, my wrists needs the rest (no not w*ankers cramp you sicko, I use computers too much and it's given me arthritis or something, f*cking things!)

zavvi sell it for the cheapest online (£44.85). I order games from them alot and receive games (In Dublin btw) 2 days after dispatch usually.

Does anyone know the price of the AUG Edition in stores in Ireland? If they even sell it that is.

Still waiting to preorder but want to know what console version is best.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Means it's on the same level as Halo
    Can't be that bad surely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well I'm all preloaded on Steam. Just have to sit back and wait to install Directx, again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Azza wrote: »
    Can't be that bad surely.

Four points better than Gunstar Heroes anyway [inbeforeretr0] :P

Look forward to reading a review that isn't from an unreliable one format source anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

5uspect wrote: »
    Well I'm all preloaded on Steam. Just have to sit back and wait to install Directx, again.

And wait till Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just checked my gamestop pre-order there and its down as "shipped" :pac:

Wonder how long it will take to get here. When I click the tracking number it says No consignment found for Tracking Number.....

All the reviews so far have been really good. Latest one up is destructoid 9.5

9/10 from edge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

joe123 wrote: »

ha! My says the same :D

Edge review

Sounds interesting - the concept of choice has always been central to Deus Ex and seems well implemented here, which is encouraging. They're quite critical of the boss battles and loading times, but they seem more like annoyances than gamebreakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

9/10 from Eurogamer as well. Review is atrociously written though, one of the vaguest I've read in ages.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-22-deus-ex-human-revolution-review

This game is shaping up to be amazing from the reviews. The original is in my top 3 games of all time.

I feared the worst when this was first announced and especially when the "highlighted orange everything" videos were released.

Cannot wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

ha! My says the same :D

what postage did ye pick?

Headshot wrote: »
    what postage did ye pick?

The one for a fiver. Think it was express ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

express,I think Its been delivered by a courier though,nightline and not an post

hmmm

I picked the same postage and mine hasnt shipped

Wonder is that to do with it being a CE or somthing

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    hmmm

I picked the same postage and mine hasnt shipped

Wonder is that to do with it being a CE or somthing

Maybe they didn't receive there stock of ce yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Mine has been shipped too. And since it's the ps3 version I can play it as soon as I get it :D

The tracker says it's in their head office now, so do you think I'll get it tomorrow? I wonder did Gamestop ship it based on the US release date?

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Mine has been shipped too. And since it's the ps3 version I can play it as soon as I get it :D

The tracker says it's in their head office now, so do you think I'll get it tomorrow? I wonder did Gamestop ship it based on the US release date?

I think I'll be ordering all my games from gamestop in future ;):pac:

Dr.Poca wrote: »

Mine says the same. Will be interesting to see though will the shipping company just send them out as soon as possible or will gamestop have given them a specific date.

Im guessing (hoping) that once the shipping company has the product its good to go as I doubt they would want stock cluttering up their storage?

asked gamestop about why mine wasnt posted yet
    This game is not released yet, it will be with you for friday, if not beforehand.

Have a lovely evening!

not much help :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

huh, just checked my email there on the off chance and apparently mine was shipped too

unlike most here I'm actively hoping mine doesn't arrive early.. exams start on thursdaqy and i'm woefully underprepared as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

huh, just checked my email there on the off chance and apparently mine was shipped too

unlike most here I'm actively hoping mine doesn't arrive early.. exams start on thursdaqy and i'm woefully underprepared as it is

Just keep posting on boards.ie and I'm sure you'll do fine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gamestop have the trade 3 and get it for €3 on this , but I can't for the life of me find the list on their website :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Im guessing (hoping) that once the shipping company has the product its good to go as I doubt they would want stock cluttering up their storage?

Yeah, I can't imagine the shipping company holding them. They'll most likely just deliver them asap.

I'd say someone messed up and sent them out early. That's why some people haven't had theirs shipped yet, someone probably realised the European release date wasn't until Friday

• Advertisement

Saw this posted on another forum for anyone who's trying to decide between the 360 and ps3

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-deus-ex-human-revolution-screenshot-comparison/

Advertisement