Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Game looks kinda dated, but fucit, first one was ace and left me with fond memories all these years ago. roll on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/deus-ex-load-time-comparison-360-ps3-360

Wow those loading times seem horrid... Heard they can stretch to over a minute on the 360. Not the end of the world but still i am sure its something that will annoy a lot of people (myself included).

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Load times for the game are easily sorted by installing it on the Hard Drive for the 360, and can I just say the graphics are unbelieveable! Playing it non stop for nearly a week and still haven't it finished. The plot line is True to Deus Ex in it has as many twists and turns as teh original! Playing it on hard is truly rewarding when you pass a particulary hard part!

Trust me, top contender for Game of the Year!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

VivGrise wrote: »
    Load times for the game are easily sorted by installing it on the Hard Drive for the 360, and can I just say the graphics are unbelieveable! Playing it non stop for nearly a week and still haven't it finished. The plot line is True to Deus Ex in it has as many twists and turns as teh original! Playing it on hard is truly rewarding when you pass a particulary hard part!

Trust me, top contender for Game of the Year!!!!

Are the boss fights hard/frustrating?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bastaard playing it early! mad to lash into this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im happy ill be paying money for this, think the devs deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wants the point in Lens of Truth if they dont show us stuff like FPS and screen tearing (If any) From what i gather after comparing them is that Xbox is darker than the PS3.

-Edit- After posting this i checked on google what is the lead platform for this game and apparently there is no lead and its being developed on both consoles at the same time. Nice to know that whatever version you get wont be a ****e port

-Edit- After posting this i checked on google what is the lead platform for this game and apparently there is no lead and its being developed on both consoles at the same time. Nice to know that whatever version you get wont be a ****e port

Good News! Don't really care about comparisons as I only have a PS3 (Have a laptop but won't run many games) but looks like that as well - PS3 is brighter than 360. Class to see a game developed for each console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's what gamma correction is for, surely..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

calex71 wrote: »
    Gamestop have the trade 3 and get it for €3 on this , but I can't for the life of me find the list on their website :mad:

http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradein

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sarky wrote: »
    That's what gamma correction is for, surely..?

Pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Does anyone know if the prices on Gamestop's site are what they'll be charging in store? I'd head in on Friday if I could pick it up for €30. Alternatively, has anyone gotten a code from g2play? Are they even reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

B0X wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the prices on Gamestop's site are what they'll be charging in store? I'd head in on Friday if I could pick it up for €30. Alternatively, has anyone gotten a code from g2play? Are they even reliable?

€29.97

So now its 1 cent and 2 cent they wont have to give you in your change. They are making billions on scrounging cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

the boss fights are pretty frustrating when on hard difficulty, but each boss fight is different! Really tests how quick you can think on your feet, as well as how well you spot things in the environment which can help.

I'm also loving the references and subtle references to characters in Deus Ex along the way!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

VivGrise wrote: »
    the boss fights are pretty frustrating when on hard difficulty, but each boss fight is different! Really tests how quick you can think on your feet, as well as how well you spot things in the environment which can help.

ah nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I dont find the load times bad at all on the 360 (installed to HD). Its a cracking game and Ive never played the original.

The are releasing a Deus Ex: Human Revolution clothing line

ss_preview_Adam_Jensen_Coat_1.png

looks pretty cool

Spikes better come out of the elbows or no deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Ordered from g2play... lets hope it's actually real.

Can anyone tell me about the save system? Can you just save anywhere you like or has it got save points?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It has quick save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is deus ex worth buying ign gave it five stars, but is it actually any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Headshot wrote: »
    The are releasing a Deus Ex: Human Revolution clothing line

ss_preview_Adam_Jensen_Coat_1.png

looks pretty cool

My wardrobe is augmented.

I'm distressed at how much I want this stuff, a lot of the other gear looks great also.

My wardrobe is augmented.

I'm distressed at how much I want this stuff, a lot of the other gear looks great also.

I distress what the prices would be on that coat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Yeah I know, I'm guessing it's going to be around €200 :(

We should have an idea tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

5uspect wrote: »
    It has quick save.

Good grief, quick save?................*flashback of PC games of yesteryear*................aaaah, that brings back fond memories.......

If I wasn't sure I was getting this (which I am) then this line from a 1up review would cement it!
    ..its vision of 2027 is the most exquisite, spot-on video game distillation of William Gibson since the 16-bit Shadowruns.

Think i'm gonna go watch Bladerunner to get in the mood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, mine arrived in the post this morning

i think they sent me the wrong version.. I didnt want the automatic unlocking device or any of that ****

ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just got mine now. Deffinately using GS for big pre-orders in future. Getting it the same day as the US is fantastic.

Advertisement