Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

i think they sent me the wrong version.. I didnt want the automatic unlocking device or any of that ****

No, all early standard copies are Limited Editions that have some extra free DLC.

Just waiting for my Amazon Augmented Edition with all the other extra goodies now on Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

well, mine arrived in the post this morning

i think they sent me the wrong version.. I didnt want the automatic unlocking device or any of that ****

ah well

where did you order from?

My order is on the way to cork according to the tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

No, all early standard copies are Limited Editions that have some extra free DLC.

Just waiting for my Amazon Augmented Edition with all the other extra goodies now on Monday.
    you got two copies of the same game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

you got two copies of the same game?

Yep, I do it quite a bit. Sure I got 3 copies of GTA4. One standard to have it 2 days early and a 360 and PS3 LE from the UK.

I have 3 copies of GoW 3 preordered from different places.

Nuts, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Lads, the PC version is 29.97 on the Gamestop site, can I take it that it will cost the same to buy it in-store on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Agricola wrote: »
    Lads, the PC version is 29.97 on the Gamestop site, can I take it that it will cost the same to buy it in-store on Friday?

I doubt it. I'd say that's an online only price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Notorious wrote: »
    I doubt it. I'd say that's an online only price.

Arse. Was hoping to offload a couple of PS3 games against it. Im thinking 34.99, they would hardly add a tenner to that price!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Ended up buying the standard version after having my AE version cancelled by Amazon UK; reading that the bonuses you get are rather unbalancing, particularly the starting 10,000 credits, I'm sort of glad now.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Ended up buying the standard version after having my AE version cancelled by Amazon UK; reading that the bonuses you get are rather unbalancing, particularly the starting 10,000 credits, I'm sort of glad now.

P.
    I assume the 10,00 credits comes as a DLC code. I'm just not gonna put it into the game until my second playthrough if that's the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oceanclub wrote: »

P.

just checked, yeah it is a dlc code

second playthrough it is, i was afraid that extra 10k credits and auto unlock tool would make it too easy but at least I have the option to use or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah got my Aug edition this morning too. I assume we can't play it until Friday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It uses Steamworks (iirc) so it won't work till Friday i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yep, I do it quite a bit. Sure I got 3 copies of GTA4. One standard to have it 2 days early and a 360 and PS3 LE from the UK.

Nuts, I know.

It's sad

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

mewso wrote: »
    Yeah got my Aug edition this morning too. I assume we can't play it until Friday?

Well you can if you plug out and plug back in the power of your xbox (Reseting the date and time) and then don't go online until its out Friday. They won't know when you played it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

VivGrise wrote: »
    Well you can if you plug out and plug back in the power of your xbox (Reseting the date and time) and then don't go online until its out Friday. They won't know when you played it.

Well thats handy if you buy the XBox version but if you are like me and have never owned a console and probably never will it's not much use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Oh well Friday it is so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Nuts, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Why would you be worried about loading it up on your console? You bought and received it legitimately!

Got mine aswell. If gamestop continue to send out games this early in future they have my business thats for sure! :D

Been waiting a loooong time for a decent follow up to the original!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got mine too,recived the ltd edition,ordered the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** you gamestop anyway

ship mine ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its the gaming equivilent of sipping your chips in your milkshake ...

do ye think gamestop are always this quick with deliveries or did they just make a mistake this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Its the gaming equivilent of sipping your chips in your milkshake ...

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    **** you gamestop anyway

ship mine ffs

Get in, gamestop representative told me its shipped

its bad form that I got no email or my gamestop account hasnt been updated to this latest change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

its bad form that I got no email or my gamestop account hasnt been updated to this latest change

I have stuff I received months ago that still shows as pending on my account :D

Gamestop are usually VERY good with their delivery times. Sometimes before but mostly on release day with the €2 delivery option. Almost certainly before release day with the €5.50 option.

Yeah, the no dispatch email is what annoys me about their service (which is such a minor complaint really). You should have it tomorrow or Thursday I'd imagine. you did pay for Courier postage (€5.50)?
    calex71 wrote: »
    I have stuff I received months ago that still shows as pending on my account :D
    In the exact same boat as you Calex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

So is this game any good or not? Hard to tell by YouTube footage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sorry if already posted but gamestop are selling this for €24 on PS3 and XBOX

Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

iMuse wrote: »

Gamestop

Was just about to post that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

iMuse wrote: »

Gamestop

That's a great price - is that online or store? Weird that console prices are cheaper than the PC price (still at €29 on their site).

P.

Advertisement