Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Shame I got Skyrim and Space Marine with them as well. Though they say those dates are the correct ones...
    You know, you could always cancel and go with someone else. They're most likely cheaper than Play.com too, since they have a shocking exchange rate too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Right so I've been playing this tonight (Bear in mind I'm not far into it, only finished the first Sarif mission)

And all I can say is wow. It's really exceeded my expectations. I thought it was going to be good but I'm really impressed. The attention to detail is huge. There's so much going on in the environments, tons of npcs, tons of props (which all have unique brands, really adding to the realism of the world).

There's also some very nice homages to the original, I won't spoil them but you'll notice them no doubt.

Overall though, and this was the most important thing to me, they've really captured the essence and the atmosphere of the original game. I don't think there will be a shortage of replay value.

I'm a happy camper to say the least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can any issues arise from unlocking the game early using USAIP, i'll buy it locally, but kinda put off if Steam ban people breaking region locks. Silly in this day and age having this region lock malarkey in such a digital age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Can't wait to play this now. I thought I'd have a long wait for it to drop in price but that Gamestop deal earlier today means I'll be playing it a lot sooner than expected! I loved the first, absolutely played it to death back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Right so I've been playing this tonight (Bear in mind I'm not far into it, only finished the first Sarif mission)

And all I can say is wow. It's really exceeded my expectations. I thought it was going to be good but I'm really impressed. The attention to detail is huge. There's so much going on in the environments, tons of npcs, tons of props (which all have unique brands, really adding to the realism of the world).

There's also some very nice homages to the original, I won't spoil them but you'll notice them no doubt.

Overall though, and this was the most important thing to me, they've really captured the essence and the atmosphere of the original game. I don't think there will be a shortage of replay value.

I'm a happy camper to say the least!

Finally some opinions on the actual game, great to hear there is plenty of variety in the game on this basis I think I'll buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

justryan wrote: »
    Finally some opinions on the actual game, great to hear there is plenty of variety in the game on this basis I think I'll buy it

Definitely variety. I'm only in the early stages. I had gone to loads of trouble taking out guys to go a certain route, then discovered there was a vent to get around it afterwards! I'd say there will be plenty you'd miss on the first playthrough.

Also, the XP system works better than I thought. You get a good bit of XP for getting through without touching anyone,no alerts etc. Whereas before I thought you'd need to be doing non lethal takedowns to get xp.
    Basically there should be enough to keep anyones play style happy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Definitely variety. I'm only in the early stages. I had gone to loads of trouble taking out guys to go a certain route, then discovered there was a vent to get around it afterwards! I'd say there will be plenty you'd miss on the first playthrough.

Also, the XP system works better than I thought. You get a good bit of XP for getting through without touching anyone,no alerts etc. Whereas before I thought you'd need to be doing non lethal takedowns to get xp.
    Basically there should be enough to keep anyones play style happy

Have you fought any bosses yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The entire gaming internet is fapping over this game and your only now seeing opinions on it now :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have you fought any bosses yet?

There is sort of one at the end of the first mission. You can deal with him in 3 ways though. Each will effect the game differently. Still if you go hands on he goes down as quick as any other enemies on that level.

Have to say though that they have captured the feel of the first game. Loving all the little nods to the first game so far. The sound track really adds to it, a bit of Deus Ex 1 and a touch of Mass Effect to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Raging I missed the Gamestop deal for 23 quid! Can't wait to get some hands on with this!!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm absolutely loving it. Really does feel like a Looking Glass Studios game actually.

Only criticism so far is that the gfx engine seems kinda dated but when the game is so good, it's a minor matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maximilian wrote: »
    I'm absolutely loving it. Really does feel like a Looking Glass Studios game actually.

Only criticism so far is that the gfx engine seems kinda dated but when the game is so good, it's a minor matter.

**** you max you yankee creationist bastard!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I have to say extremely impressive stuff so far, it feels exactly like a Deus Ex game should, on first impressions gameplay seems very balanced no matter what way you want to play it, and I really like the cover system, similar to like Mass Effect 2 but done so much better. And thankfully a you can turn off all the annoying hand holding hints, tutorials, takedowns etc.

The graphics are average from a technical point of view but the art design and quality of the game more than makes up for it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

dreamers75 wrote: »
    **** you max you yankee creationist bastard!!!!

Just for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

where is cheapest to get this guys? seen the 23 euro gamestop deal i was raging i missed it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Had to lol at the
    Final Fantasy XXVII
    poster I found during the first mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Deus Ex 3 is only about 15 years in the future though. We'll be lucky to have Versus XIII at that stage with the glacial rate these games are coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I think the environments look gorgeous, but the character models and animation look bad. I can see the clipping on the inside of their mouths. The gameplay is spot on though, so no big deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Amazing game. :D
    Do 8 people still get killed in the plant if you run to the helipad at the beginning ? ... instead of talking to everyone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That sounds too good to be true, like a Looking Glass Studio game!!!!
    Wow, that's some compliment.

Got it for 24 on gamestop yesterday, I better have mine for the weekend.

• Advertisement

It was crashing a hell of a lot for me, every 20 mins and everytime I opened a tutorial using Tab. There was an update released this morn, applied that...hopefully that's sorted it.

I'll withhold final judgement on the game till my annoyance from this subsides, but so far liking it a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hate everyone who's playing this already :(

Funglegunk wrote: »
    It was crashing a hell of a lot for me, every 20 mins and everytime I opened a tutorial using Tab. There was an update released this morn, applied that...hopefully that's sorted it.

I'll withhold judgement on the game till my annoyance from this subsides!
    Anything over on the Steam Forums about that problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got the email last night, collector's edition arrived this morning. Well worth it.

Photo0093_1.jpg

Statue was a bit fidgety but got it looking the way I wanted. Concept Art book is pretty awesome, havent got a look at the making of disc yet.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers? Might be worth updating them.

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers? Might be worth updating them.

It was the first thing I did after it started crashing on me. Fiddling with various 3d settings, and lowering the overall quality of the settings, didn't help either. Hopefully the new patch has sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Does anyone else think Jensen looks like Solid Snake?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone else think Jensen looks like Solid Snake?

Ya in a cyber punk kinda way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I played until the middle of the first mission last night... I think I'm in love. Between this and Xenoblade I'm in heaven.

*This* is the follow up to Deus Ex I was looking for. I know I've barely scratched the surface of the game, but it just feels right.

Currently playing it on hard as a stealthy ninja type. I thought that the third person view would be annoying for when you're in cover and during take downs, but it actually feels really nice, so much so that I actually wish there was an option to play in third person.

Advertisement