Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Sounds abit like Solid Snake... and Christian Bale :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Anything over on the Steam Forums about that problem?

These are all the common known issues, it may be related to #2 (Luckly I haven't had any problems myself yet with crashes, tutorial videos etc.)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2075508

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

KilOit wrote: »
    Can any issues arise from unlocking the game early using USAIP, i'll buy it locally, but kinda put off if Steam ban people breaking region locks. Silly in this day and age having this region lock malarkey in such a digital age.

TBH outright banning usually only occurs for the most serious of offences such as fraud, account trading, phishing, piracy etc. Even the much more serious offense of buying gifts from 'friends' (on ebay etc) usually only results is the account being suspended, the games in question being removed and the account reactivated. I severly doubt the penalty for unlocking a legitimately bought game early is more severe that the penalty for buying 'gifts'.

I am sure it covered in the T&C fine print somewhere that they reserve the right to take action, but what usually happens is that Steam just re-locks a game if you go online again in the incorrect region. What they really care about most of all is where you bought the game, where you are actually playing from is way down the priority list.

I am certainly not encouraging you to do so, and if you choose to use a VPN do so entirely at so your own risk. All I am saying is that an account ban if caught is a highly unlikey outcome (I have never come across any such story on the steam forums, and as it is a third party publisher condition I personally doubt Valve police it very much beyond their contractual obligations of locking the game in a given region ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads for the pc, I cant play before Friday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have the B and M Shops broken the release date?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Sounds abit like Solid Snake... and Christian Bale :p

To be honest, to me he sounds a bit too close to JC Denton in places; always figured it was a link to the original games that was a bit too on the nose.

Anyway, as someone whose installation of Human Revolution is currently sitting idle, in it's pre-loaded status, let me just say to you guys with it already that I hate you all :P ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You know what.... i hate you guis !!! I wants to play now !!

Im really glad that everyone seems to love it tho !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Headshot wrote: »

Not unless, as said a few posts above, you use an American VPN to unlock it. Could result in an account ban though. marco_polo describes it in more detail though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kiith wrote: »
    Not unless, as said a few posts above, you use an American VPN to unlock it. Could result in an account ban though. marco_polo describes it in more detail though.

ah thats grand

im expecting delivery later today, cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Amazing game. :D
    Do 8 people still get killed in the plant if you run to the helipad at the beginning ? ... instead of talking to everyone :o

Nope
    I was aware of that from previews earlier. I got there in time to save them. I can always explore Sarif after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Nope
    I was aware of that from previews earlier. I got there in time to save them. I can always explore Sarif after

Deadly....

But... I just had to go into the ladies restroom again for old times sake :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's it, i'm outta here till i get the game. Spoiler tags don't work on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

My copy has just been shipped from gamestop (ordered yesterday at the special offer price) hopefully I'll have it for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

deano546 wrote: »
    My copy has just been shipped from gamestop (ordered yesterday at the special offer price) hopefully I'll have it for Friday.

SNAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Anyone know if any stores are selling this at midnight Thursday/Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ah crap, Gameseek cancelled my pre-order for the Augmented Edition too! :mad:
    This is a pile of p1ss, ok so where can I get this edition now?
    I just want the artbook dammit!
    How does the Steam version give you the artbook, in PDF or something?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Headshot wrote: »

Unless you happen to procure a US IP address....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Anyone know if any stores are selling this at midnight Thursday/Friday?

I also wanna know this, anyone? My local Tesco is 24 hour and has a small game section, what're the chances they'll have this in at mid night? If not them, where's good to go? Should I have a pre order in place to get it?

I was very sceptical about this, the original is such a master piece and the second was so dumbed down it was barely a sequel (Although on its own merits a half decent game, just wasn't the original), but all reports say that this retains the atmosphere and feel of the original game and that's what I was waiting to hear basically. The only drawback is I've not got a computer capable of running it so will have to go console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

deano546 wrote: »

Same here. I'd say Friday is likely, can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

GameStop removing the OnLive vouchers from new PC copies. Not sure if the vouchers were only an American offer, but still bad form on GameStop's part. Anyone know if Europeans get those vouchers? joystiq.com/2011/08/24/gamestop-intentionally-removing-deus-ex-onlive-coupons-from-reta/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/report-gamestop-opening-deus-ex-copies-removing-free-game-code.ars

Might want to be wary of the Gamestop editions. Does the EU Gamestop follow the directions of the US one?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

44.99 on steam?? GTFOutta here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ason Unique

Does it look like I'll be able to stroll into a gamestop in Dublin friday morning and pick up a ps3 copy without having pre ordered? It's been a while since I bought any game so I can't really gauge how much demand vs supply there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Does it look like I'll be able to stroll into a gamestop in Dublin friday morning and pick up a ps3 copy without having pre ordered? It's been a while since I bought any game so I can't really gauge how much demand vs supply there is.

yeah it'll be in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

RichieD wrote: »
    44.99 on steam?? GTFOutta here

The brick and mortar crew will be seeing me on Friday since a year or so, iv'e had it with Steam and their bull**** pricing. Skyrim and BF3 will also be retail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Spear wrote: »
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/report-gamestop-opening-deus-ex-copies-removing-free-game-code.ars

Might want to be wary of the Gamestop editions. Does the EU Gamestop follow the directions of the US one?

I dont think we even got a code, since Onlive is only launching in UK next month I think. But it would have been a great incentive to try Onlive, since doesnt mention if you can give the code to a friend eg 2 copies of the game.

But how is it "competing" with Gamestop if someone has to buy the damn thing in their store to get the other online version? Thats the opposite of competition. Are they worried of people buying it, removing the code and bringing it back in as its "broke" for a full refund? :confused:
    KilOit wrote: »
    The brick and mortar crew will be seeing me on Friday since a year or so, iv'e had it with Steam and their bull**** pricing. Skyrim and BF3 will also be retail.

Your only now finished buying games full priced off Steam? I dont think I've bought one full priced game from them ever, its sale or bust for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I think GameStop USA are launching a service similar to OnLive, so it's direct competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gunmonkey wrote: »

But how is it "competing" with Gamestop if someone has to buy the damn thing in their store to get the other online version? Thats the opposite of competition. Are they worried of people buying it, removing the code and bringing it back in as its "broke" for a full refund? :confused:

As an outright future competitor, once you register you will use it if its works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ason Unique

Magill wrote: »
    yeah it'll be in stock.

Awesome, thanks bud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Game looks tasty. futurisms of blade runner with the modern day reality of orwell's vision realized, also I think this could usurp the MGS series on a few levels

Advertisement