Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

alkev wrote: »
    I also wanna know this, anyone? My local Tesco is 24 hour and has a small game section, what're the chances they'll have this in at mid night? If not them, where's good to go? Should I have a pre order in place to get it?

The last game I did this with was GT5, got it at 12am in Tesco Dundrum. There was no cue just me and two other dudes. I might try this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Game looks tasty. futurisms of blade runner with the modern day reality of orwell's vision realized, also I think this could usurp the MGS series on a few levels

Have you not played the original? If not you are in for huge treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Have you not played the original? If not you are in for huge treat!
    chances are I'll look it up after the sequel. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm really enjoying it so far. Ordered it from Gamestop yesterday after skimming a few reviews and it arrived today. Really glad I ordered it now, was going to skip it as I had never played the original and it was getting decidedly mixed previews from E3 and the like.

Wasn't sure what to expect going into it, but after a few hours I'm really engrossed. It's like an FPS Mass Effect mixed with splinter cell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Healium wrote: »
    I think GameStop USA are launching a service similar to OnLive, so it's direct competition

Gamestop bought the Impulse platform from Stardock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying it so far. Ordered it from Gamestop yesterday after skimming a few reviews and it arrived today. Really glad I ordered it now, was going to skip it as I had never played the original and it was getting decidedly mixed previews from E3 and the like.

Wasn't sure what to expect going into it, but after a few hours I'm really engrossed. It's like an FPS Mass Effect mixed with splinter cell.
    Did you order with the €2 delivery option? or the €5.50 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seen Maximillian and Azza playing through it already on STEAM !!! Feckers !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Any PC users here be sure to get the patch, I haven't had a single crash since I installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Did you order with the €2 delivery option? or the €5.50 one.

I went with the 5.50 one because i was ordering late. Think I went with that for Portal 2 too. Standard with LA Noire I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Recieved Deus Ex this morning from Gamestop using the cheap postage option, now i'm off to play this sucker!

• Advertisement

zero19 wrote: »
    Recieved Deus Ex this morning from Gamestop using the cheap postage option, now i'm off to play this sucker!
    Mine too. My PC Aug Ed from Amazon hasn't even shipped yet? What to do???:confused:

Edit, it's also the limited edition. Shouldn't have been the Standard edition? I presume the Std ed IS the Ltd ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

My copy just arrived from Gamestop, like kearneybobs it's also the 'limited' edition and comes with some dlc, which is nice.

Now off to the spend the day playing the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My PC version arrived too. Got to wait till I finish work now to install it.

The game says it's "Steampowered". Does that mean I can install it but not play it till 12 tonight? Hope not. Sick of the steam time restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

M

The game says it's "Steampowered". Does that mean I can install it but not play it till 12 tonight? Hope not. Sick of the steam time restrictions.

Exactly what it means I'm afraid.

Burgo wrote: »
    Exactly what it means I'm afraid.

3-rage-face.png

Think I might just play through it on the PS3 first. Oh well Amazon, you've let me down this time!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

zero19 wrote: »

Same here, Well happy! Will be buying online from them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

have pc version from gamestop installed and still locked on steam sigh

Shin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

My PC version arrived too. Got to wait till I finish work now to install it.

Not sure if retail copy will be the same but when I downloaded my digital copy from Direct2Drive I couldn't run the installer successfully, gettin the error message "Game not yet released". So you may not even be able to 'pre-load' from the disk.

I was able to the steam key to preload it on Steam (another download), fortunately I have a 500GB monthly limit from NTL :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

how good is this game honestly ? Tempted to get it, i wasnt blowing away by the tralier though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

marco_polo wrote: »
    Not sure if retail copy will be the same but when I downloaded my digital copy from Direct2Drive I couldn't run the installer successfully, gettin the error message "Game not yet released". So you may not even be able to 'pre-load' from the disk.

I was able to the steam key to preload it on Steam (another download), fortunately I have a 500GB monthly limit from NTL :p.

No, you can't even preload or install from the disc. The installer will reg the key to your account fine and then complain the game isn't released yet. It will let me preload over the net but not from the legit, physical disc sitting in my drive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

luckyfrank wrote: »
    how good is this game honestly ? Tempted to get it, i wasnt blowing away by the tralier though

Well have you played the original? It does apparently live up to it quite well.
    Do you like games that give you several choices when it comes to approaching an objective with multiple outcomes? You can go in guns blazing, or sneak in the back, or a combination of both. Do you like the whole cyberpunk aesthetic?
    If so and you love the first Deus Ex then you should consider getting it.

If you just want to shoot middle eastern looking people in the face look elsewhere.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Spear wrote: »
    No, you can't even preload or install from the disc. The installer will reg the key to your account fine and then complain the game isn't released yet. It will let me preload over the net but not from the legit, physical disc sitting in my drive.

That sucks. Anyway you can simply copy the contents of the disk to the correct steamapps folder? If you start the preload and then stop it, replacing the files with the disk copies maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

12 hours and 13 minutes left till I and many others get to play :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to play at midnight tonight, but i've got to stupid work tomorrow.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd love to play at midnight tonight, but i've got to stupid work tomorrow.

Gonna go for a nap till 12. Then game all night like the good old days!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Spear wrote: »

It pretty darn stupid alright, whats the flippin' difference steam? :mad:

Why was there a staggered release date in the first place?

Burgo wrote: »
    Why was there a staggered release date in the first place?
    There always is. US usually on the Tuesday, UK/EU on the Friday. Very seldom does a game release on the same day everywhere, and even rarer for the game to be released in the EU first.

• Advertisement

There always is. US usually on the Tuesday, UK/EU on the Friday. Very seldom does a game release on the same day everywhere, and even rarer for the game to be released in the EU first.

Yeah i know there are for most releases, i was wondering for what reason? and why do steam have to go along with it too :(

Advertisement