Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah i know there are for most releases, i was wondering for what reason? and why do steam have to go along with it too :(
    What the publisher wants, the publisher gets. Rockpapershotgun have had a 'No Oceans' campaign that went largely unnoticed. It annoys me to no end too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does anyone know if Gamestop are pulling this from their shops tomorrow? I read that because of the Onlive thing that they've decided to pull them all until SQ issue them copies without the Onlive vouchers. But I'm not sure if that only applies to the US.

humanji wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Gamestop are pulling this from their shops tomorrow? I read that because of the Onlive thing that they've decided to pull them all until SQ issue them copies without the Onlive vouchers. But I'm not sure if that only applies to the US.
    They wont be pulling it from the shelves at all, at all. That OnLive voucher was for the US only.
    I got my Limited/Standard Edition this morning from them and it didn't have the voucher inside it.
    Edit: oops. I have the PS3 version.
    But, even still, they wont be pulling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the steam version unlocks tonight at midnight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

shinzon wrote: »
    have pc version from gamestop installed and still locked on steam sigh

Shin

unlock it with a US ip i think. I seen at least 3 of my friends playing it. 2 from boards

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

23 from boards

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ok third time lucky trying to buy this I hope, just tried to get a digital Augmented Edition (would have been nice to get the physical artbook but whateva):
    http://www.gamedownloads.com ~€41

EDIT: And now in the middle of the digital order Gameseek.co.uk just emailed me saying they had posted my order after emailing me yesterday saying they'd cancelled it and refunded me!
    WHAT
    THE
    F*CK?

Overall, buying this game has been a balls of a shambles. :p
    So I might have a spare copy of the Augmented Edition if anyone's after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

FINE, you shower of beatiful bástards! I've just bought my key for this on g2play.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Ok third time lucky trying to buy this I hope, just tried to get a digital Augmented Edition (would have been nice to get the physical artbook but whateva):
    http://www.gamedownloads.com ~€41

EDIT: And now in the middle of the digital order Gameseek.co.uk just emailed me saying they had posted my order after emailing me yesterday saying they'd cancelled it and refunded me!
    WHAT
    THE
    F*CK?

Overall, buying this game has been a balls of a shambles. :p
    So I might have a spare copy of the Augmented Edition if anyone's after it?
    Wow. That's an odd thing to happen. Have ou been refunded yet?
    I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would take it off your hands. I know Oceanclub was looking for one. But he may have gone with the regular edition from Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got it delivered by gamestop yesterday for PC. Couldn't wait so I used USAIP to get Steam to download it. Never did that before, was easy enough.

I was up till 7 this morning playing it, only woke up now. Haven't done that in years, not since Oblivion. I'm in love.

Only did the first main mission, was going round doing loads of side missions. I'm doing it stealthy and non-lethal where possible, I'd say its taking 4 times as long to do it that way.

Went up to a friendly NPC to initiate a conversation, pressed the wrong button and did a takedown. Didn't know that could happen, I'm going to have some laugh with the second playthrough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fcek it anyway, I invested in a VPN for one evenings gaming :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just had a read through some metacritic user reviews, lots of positives and some seriously negative ones.. whats the story there?

its got an overall of 89% which is pretty decent considering some of the crap thats hit the shelves this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Just recieved my key from g2play, preloading now.... awwwwww yeahhhh. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

just had a read through some metacritic user reviews, lots of positives and some seriously negative ones.. whats the story there?

its got an overall of 89% which is pretty decent considering some of the crap thats hit the shelves this year.

It's Metacritic. People are stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Perhaps by giving a low score some people think it makes them look like they have high standards or some sort of superior rubbish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I just checked the history of one guy who gave it a 0 rating, his previous rating? Duke Nukem Forever - 10

Nuff said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Only decided to order this last night due to the rave reviews it got. Dispatched from gamestop so should hopefully have it by tomorrow. :D

I'm getting random crashes. Currently updating my nvidia drivers in the hope it will solve my issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did you install the patch? Apparently it fixes a lot of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Only decided to order this last night due to the rave reviews it got. Dispatched from gamestop so should hopefully have it by tomorrow. :D

ahahaha, I'm the exact same. Wasn't gonna buy it, came here, read what everyone said and some reviews.

Hopefully I'll have it for tomorrow, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I loved the first one, tolerated the second. Good to hear it's more in line with the first one. However, I'm determined to finish some of my backlog of games before I get this. Hard to do when reading this thread!

Kiith wrote: »
    Did you install the patch? Apparently it fixes a lot of stuff.

There must be an issue with the GTX260.

This thread sorted me out http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2077304

Turned AA to "Edge-AA" and its working fine now.

Getting a headache from playing now though. Whats the best FOV for widescreen 1080?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just as well I didn't buy it for pc then >_< I've a GTX260

Walkthrough of the 1st mission if anyone is still unsure whether to buy it not

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/deus-ex-human-revolution-video-talkthrough

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This thread sorted me out http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2077304

Turned AA to "Edge-AA" and its working fine now.

Getting a headache from playing now though. Whats the best FOV for widescreen 1080?

Hope my trusty GTX 275 will be okay!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bought it on Steam (fu Gamespot) and now I'm counting the hours to midnight. Adored the first one, not wild about the second and the reviews from people I trust say this is better then Jesus. I hope they are even 10% right cos its been a long wait...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I put up a an article about Voice Actor Week on The Gaming Liberty but thought ye might like to see this.

Adam Jensen speaks!

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/08/25/adam-jensen-speaks-an-interview-with-elias-toufexis/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So, after playing this for the last 3 nights I can easily say that it is the best game I've played in a long, long time.

Anyone who has played the original and liked it will love this. Playing it tonight felt like home. It TOTALLY captures the original. I mean, more than I would have thought possible for a different company to do 10 years on from the first one. Seriously, you are all in for a treat.

One thing I can't help but shake though, is that I feel like people who have never played the original aren't going to have anywhere near the same appreciation for it as those who have. I mean the play style still feels very like the original, which is something modern gamers might dislike. And there are nice subtle things that relate to the original that will go over newcomers heads completely. So for anyone who hasn't played the original, do let me know what you think.
    And for anyone who has, sit back and embrace it for it's brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Probably best to look at this to get a refresher course on those who played the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I kept replaying the 1st level of Deus Ex 1 cuz I kept making a balls of it. Think I was rushing it a bit as I wanted to see if I could get through it before playing HR but heading away for a week sunday and picking up the new one when I get back I'm just gonna give up on the 1st one (maybe til after I finish HR anyway!)

Anyone here play the new one that never played the 1st and think its good?

Advertisement