Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not long to go now :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

*Sigh*

You know, I had intended to get things done this weekend; but let's face it, as soon as Human Revolution activates on Friday, I'm going to be stuck indoors & hunkered over my PC, drearily blinking at my watch as I realise it's Monday morning already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

8 minutes lads!

its the final countdown....

It begins... (the install that is)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have it preloaded and its not running.... Y U NO RUN!?

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

that must of been some quick install lol

are you sure ya installed at midnight?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

DeV.

I stuck a shortcut on the desktop and that seemed to get it going. Wanted to defrag my game files though for some reason.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Preloaded it. You can preload whenever it wont run until its okayed... (learned that from Shiminay today!)

DeV.

Exit and restart cleared it for me.

I'll be back ooh.... Monday. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why is there no throat lozenge augmentation?

no sli support ? :confused:

Headshot wrote: »
    no sli support ? :confused:

never mind fraps proves me wrong

so pretty early into the game and I think its awesome, the graphics really blow me away and I love the combat controls with the space thing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

**** you guis !

Damn PC locked up :mad:
    Hopefully it's nothing major and I can continue playing no problem, but damn did it ruin my immersion into the game.

couple of minor glitches but nothing to write home about.

The feel of the game is absolutely slick... the music, the graphics, even the voice acting (which is usually corny as hell) all fits together nicely. Very very nicely.

Oh and its basically Deus Ex 1 on massive amounts of speed.

My first attempt at "hey, lets shoot everyone in the room" ended very very abruptly. So abruptly I thought the game had bugged.... nope, you run into a room full of bad guys and all your augs wont save you for 2 seconds! Makes the stealth part actually worth giving a shot and a few times I've looked at a room full of baddies and then at my ammo and thought "maybe subtle is worth a try" :)

The opening sequence is better than most movies.

Gotta say, much like McDonalds... I'm loving it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Theplant

DAY ONE fo me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

couple of minor glitches but nothing to write home about.

The feel of the game is absolutely slick... the music, the graphics, even the voice acting (which is usually corny as hell) all fits together nicely. Very very nicely.

Oh and its basically Deus Ex 1 on massive amounts of speed.

My first attempt at "hey, lets shoot everyone in the room" ended very very abruptly. So abruptly I thought the game had bugged.... nope, you run into a room full of bad guys and all your augs wont save you for 2 seconds! Makes the stealth part actually worth giving a shot and a few times I've looked at a room full of baddies and then at my ammo and thought "maybe subtle is worth a try" :)

The opening sequence is better than most movies.

Gotta say, much like McDonalds... I'm loving it.

DeV.

Damn you, now I want the game even more, and I want a McDonalds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What's the cheapest place to download this? £27.99 is the best I can find http://game.gamesplanet.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's like putting on an old pair of underpants. They may not be the freshest, but there's a comfort sliding into something familiar.

It really does feel like a graphical update to the original, in that it's so familiar, but I'm kind of hating all the changing to 3rd person in it.

Two questions though, 1) Can you actually do the first section without killing ayone? Since you don't have your augmentations, you can't to take-downs, so I was trying to blow up canisters while guys were next to it, but most of them I had to shoot.

and 2) how do people on consoles enter passwords? Are you given a virtual keyboard to select letters, or does it do it automatically for you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll pick this up after work. Dying to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

humanji wrote: »
    It's like putting on an old pair of underpants. They may not be the freshest, but there's a comfort sliding into something familiar.

It really does feel like a graphical update to the original, in that it's so familiar, but I'm kind of hating all the changing to 3rd person in it.

Two questions though, 1) Can you actually do the first section without killing ayone? Since you don't have your augmentations, you can't to take-downs, so I was trying to blow up canisters while guys were next to it, but most of them I had to shoot.

and 2) how do people on consoles enter passwords? Are you given a virtual keyboard to select letters, or does it do it automatically for you?

1. I thought the same. I was gonna try the game without killing anyone, and then the 1st thing, I am practically forced to kill.

2. Yip, we inferior people on the console must enter passwords too.

Maybe Deus Ex 1 was so long ago for me, that's it not fresh in my memory, but this game doesn't feel remotely connected to it yet, as in, its not triggering my memory at all of the first game yet, I just keep thinking of Blade Runner instead or Deus Ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

anyone got an idea as to the prices around Dublin for the PC version?
    (dam crap-o-matic 'broadband' makes downloading this online impossible and wouldn't mind it for the weekend)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

humanji wrote: »

Just played through that intro last night before bed and I had no problem sneaking past the enemies. I considered it a good chance to get used to the cover system which is pretty slick. Tap space to zip from one box to another, hold space to flip around a corner. I was spotted once but just ran away.

Only issue I had was the mouse movement didn't feel right. Have to fiddle with it tonight after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

mewso wrote: »
    Only issue I had was the mouse movement didn't feel right. Have to fiddle with it tonight after work.

Thats a common issue, I get it too. Turn off VSYNC in graphics options, that makes it slightly better. Upping the sensitivity helps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Going to be a long day in work. Can't wait to get home and tear in to this bad boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Finished work at 2. Gonna run into town to pick this up. Cant wait to see how my new pc handles it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished work at 5. Gonna run into town to pick this up. Dreading to see how my current pc handles it.

:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Thats a common issue, I get it too. Turn off VSYNC in graphics options, that makes it slightly better. Upping the sensitivity helps too.

Vsync off and triple buffering enabled seems to work well for me, mouse movement is much better, while still pretty well eliminating any tearing. (I actually thought the movement got better when the game began after the intro, but it could be just some setting I changed, I can't remember if I did or not). Eithe way it is spot on for me now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

anyone got an idea as to the prices around Dublin for the PC version?
    (dam crap-o-matic 'broadband' makes downloading this online impossible and wouldn't mind it for the weekend)

+1

Gamestop price preferably.

Advertisement