Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got 4 hours play time into this bad boy last night. Might re-start it though as I made some terrible aug choices and am now stuck
    in the police station not knowing how to get out.

I love the voice acting of Adam Jensen, really harps back to the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ason Unique

Bought it this morning and now my 40gb ps3 bricked on me. YLOD. That's the last time I ever buy anything from Sony as long as I live. I used this thing maybe 5 times a year. Piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Preordered my Aug edition on Monday evening from Zavvi. Wasn't shipped until Wednesday. I don't predict it'll be here today. They had shipped sumit else for me on Tuesday and it hasn't arrived yet either.

Really annoyed. What's the point of preordering if they don't get it to you by release?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Preordered my Aug edition on Monday evening from Zavvi. Wasn't shipped until Wednesday. I don't predict it'll be here today. They had shipped sumit else for me on Tuesday and it hasn't arrived yet either.

Really annoyed. What's the point of preordering if they don't get it to you by release?

To be fair, Monday evening order, wouldnt be processed till Tuesday, probably not shipped till Wednesday, so arrival by Monday from England is pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Anyone playing here with a 6870? How does it run and at what settings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

This should give a rough idea, oddly the HD6870 is missing but it would probably be just a shade above the GT460 1GB, so I would guess at maybe about 65 fps @ 1080p, DX 11, max details

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deus-ex-human-revolution-performance-benchmark,3012-6.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Have a 5770 and it seems to run fine at average settings. I didn't get much time to play this morning, the only strange thing was in the first cut scene where things seemed to be out of sync or slowed down for a few seconds during the news broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I love the voice acting of Adam Jensen, really harps back to the original.
    It's not quite Jake from California Dreams, as it is Clint Eastwood imo.
    I can really picture holding the gun up in someone's face and saying "Get off my lawn"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got a copy this morning, in a strange but good turn of events the 2 games I traded for it were worth more than I expected so cost me €2 :)

Now I have to sit here looking at it until I get back to my own place on sunday evening and play it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm playing with a 5850, maximum settings and in 3D, runs perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Arrived this morning, rather happy with the delivery speed of gamestop, was slightly doubtful it'd arrive in time. Installing now, haven't been excited about a game install for a while. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw this on Sky News, Unreal!!!

A guy who is missing an eye has been augmented with a robot eye that can transmit what he is looking at to another device. They said something about transmitting the images to the brain but didn't catch all of it. The future is here!!

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/08/26/deus-ex-human-revolution-eyeborg-video-doc/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Agricola wrote: »
    +1

Gamestop price preferably.

It was 39.99 in Gamestop in Tralee today. I assume the price would be the same everywhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got it for 45euro in hmv blanch and a free copy of Blade Runner on bluray:) There giving away these blurays even if ye havent pre-ordered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gonzo wrote: »
    got it for 45euro in hmv blanch and a free copy of Blade Runner on bluray:) There giving away these blurays even if ye havent pre-ordered.

what platform did you get it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

10 seconds into the game and I'm reading datapads like a BOSS.
    Immediately reminds me of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Can anyone confirm the minimum specs? All the pre release info said the minimum graphics card was a 8000 series nVidia. Grand I though, I've a 8600GT. Even last night on Steam when I checked that was the same. However, I've just picked up a copy from Game (I've a voucher, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Mind you, €40 for the Mission edition - only wanted the basic one!) and the back of the box has 8800 nVidia as the minimum.

Gonzo wrote: »

Bah! It's only console versions that get the free Blu-Ray! :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I picked it up on Gamestop's "trade in 3 and get a new game for €3" deal. The lady behind the counter wasn't aware that the deal extended to PC games too, but the system accepted to her surprise.

Says it's the limited edition on the cover which I take with a pinch of salt, but apparently I've got some extra stuff by way of a mission, and unlocking device, a grenade launcher and a remote explosive device :)

Regular price in there for PC is €40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Very early game spoilers
    Are the police supposed to shoot you after you leave the police station? I had to sneak in and sneak out because I failed the dialogue, but now the police on the streets are gunning for me! How long will this last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just got it ! Can't beat a friday night with Deus Ex and a few ice cold...... cokes.

Magill wrote: »
    Just got it ! Can't beat a friday night with Deus Ex and a few ice cold...... cokes.

It's sad, but i'm really looking forward to that :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Shiminay wrote: »
    I picked it up on Gamestop's "trade in 3 and get a new game for €3" deal. The lady behind the counter wasn't aware that the deal extended to PC games too, but the system accepted to her surprise.

Says it's the limited edition on the cover which I take with a pinch of salt, but apparently I've got some extra stuff by way of a mission, and unlocking device, a grenade launcher and a remote explosive device :)

i think the limited edition is the standard, then.. augmented and collectors.. or something silly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Where's the cheapest place to buy a retail copy of this for pc, gamestop was 40€ thinking it would be 30€ like their website :mad:
    anywhere else?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

what platform did you get it for?

got it for the xbox 360. I think the offer only applied to the console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Shiminay wrote: »

Is there a list of games anywhere? I'm guessing that warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 won't exactly make the cut.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is there a list of games anywhere? I'm guessing that warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 won't exactly make the cut.

I'd doubt it :) there's a list on the gamestop website.they only take console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure, unless I'm mistaken, that he traded in console games and was able to buy it on the PC. Surely they aren't allowing people to trade in PC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ah I see.

Time to raid my brother's collection of games so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw this on Sky News, Unreal!!!

A guy who is missing an eye has been augmented with a robot eye that can transmit what he is looking at to another device. They said something about transmitting the images to the brain but didn't catch all of it. The future is here!!

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/08/26/deus-ex-human-revolution-eyeborg-video-doc/

Have you seen this before? Crazy stuff:
    http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jul/23-the-blind-climber-who-sees-through-his-tongue

Advertisement