Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just found
    a cop talking to another cop named Alex Murphy about Robocop lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

just found

Yeah thats awesome
    "isnt that a van damme movie?"l
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

just found
    Is the
    police station
    after the first mission? I'm after finishing that and am now on my way
    to the morgue (so I can see the body)

Aslo, just had my first hard reset on the PS3. The sound kept on looping in the background with a chopper sound every so often and I figured something was up. Saved it and tried to quit the game. Didn't work. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Any Tesco's have this game in stock for pc. going on a drinking session in Dublin city and would very much like not leave empty handed and really don't want to resort to Steam. see it on torrents and Rapidshare, but so impressed with the original and reviews here, it really is criminal to pirate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

looks amaze balls !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

right, screw it
    exams aren't over till tuesday, but I can't wait any longer
    i can study saturday/sunday tonight is all about deus ex

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

KilOit wrote: »
    Any Tesco's have this game in stock for pc. going on a drinking session in Dublin city and would very much like not leave empty handed and really don't want to resort to Steam. see it on torrents and Rapidshare, but so impressed with the original and reviews here, it really is criminal to pirate it.
    It really is criminal to pirate anything already... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Gonzo wrote: »
    got it for 45euro in hmv blanch and a free copy of Blade Runner on bluray:) There giving away these blurays even if ye havent pre-ordered.

What!

I just got it in HMV cork, no blu ray! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Shred

Got it in HMV Swords with the blu ray (they were offering a €5 voucher as an alternative); played about an hour so far and it's pretty impressive, very slick. Looking forward to giving it a further lash later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Anyone know anywhere you can store all your crap? does leaving it
    in your apartment
    work alright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw one of the lads trophies popping up on facebook. Such a sickner!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it possible to change the difficulty setting? reminds me of metal gear solid and a bit of mass effect rolled into one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

right, screw it
    i can study saturday/sunday tonight is all about deus ex

I'm sure that will work out just fine :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it possible to change the difficulty setting? reminds me of metal gear solid and a bit of mass effect rolled into one :)

Nevermind figured it out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Michael_Burke

Auvers wrote: »
    Couldnt really give a sh1te about a prequel as long as the game is good

its the thought of Deus Ex 2 that make my mind curl up into a fetal position everytime I think of it, at least the developers are trying to recapture what made Deus Ex 1 so special, fingers crossed they keep their promises

I dont even rememer Deus ex 2, but I got the new one this morning and I must say i like it alot so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Is it just me or are those pre-rendered cut scenes a bit dodgy looking? Loving the game so far! Been stealthing it up so far and wandering off the beaten track rummaging through drawers and ****.

Asmodean wrote: »
    Is it just me or are those pre-rendered cut scenes a bit dodgy looking? Loving the game so far! Been stealthing it up so far and wandering off the beaten track rummaging through drawers and ****.
    I have to agree, although it's from squre enix and I was expecting spectacular scenes so far I've been left feeling underwhelmed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I have to agree, although it's from squre enix and I was expecting spectacular scenes so far I've been left feeling underwhelmed

Yep, very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Only published by them, they've nothing to do with the production of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Going price for the PS3/360 Aug edition in Gamestop (Brick & Mortar) €70?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm not exactly being blown away by this.. now i'm only very early in but.. so far it's only good

and the mouse controls are ****ing awkward, no matter what I change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thinking of getting this for Xbox, never played the original, this one good?

I seen something about hacking into consoles in the game. That doesn't involve typing I'm stuff using a joypad does it? That's be a real turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Keith186 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this for Xbox, never played the original, this one good?

I seen something about hacking into consoles in the game. That doesn't involve typing I'm stuff using a joypad does it? That's be a real turn off.

No it doesn't. And I dunno what you'll think of it having not played the first. If you like a game with a good storyline and lots of missions/ways of apporaching a mission than you probably will

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i'm not exactly being blown away by this.. now i'm only very early in but.. so far it's only good

and the mouse controls are ****ing awkward, no matter what I change

Ditto. 7/10 for me so far after a couple of hours. Graphics are pants too (playing on the 360).

quarryman wrote: »

Yep, very meh.

I know but I'm only started and won't play again for month (getting married on Friday) so hopefully it will tick all the boxes as it goes on cause it looks like good story so I might forgive a few short comings

Razleavy wrote: »
    Going price for the PS3/360 Aug edition in Gamestop (Brick & Mortar) €70?
    My local GS has it for €50...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Finally got a couple of hours on this after a late evening in work. Enjoying it so far. The early missions remind me a lot of Perfect Dark visually tho its definitely a Deus Ex game. Seems geared for stealth at least with the base augmentations so far; I'm saving my Praxis for the cloak.

Graphically is it isn't anything special (unless DX11 adds an extra layer of gloss) but it's perfectly good. The controls took a bit of tweaking to get nice. Runs solidly on my PC without any issues at 60fps 1680x1050 triple buffered. All good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

My local GS has it for €50...

Gdi! Cost me €70 for the PS3 Aug edition... here in Sligo. Had to get someone to pre-order it for me as I was sick and just assumed it was around €50 like on the website. Anyone else hit with €70 or only €50 like Michael?Wonder could I complain about the crazy price to Gamestop HQ if everywhere else is €50 Aug Edition.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm not too far in but I'm not happy with
    the fact that all the hostages were dead in the first level because I was wandering around HQ before going on the mission. It's a game of exploration ffs. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Razleavy wrote: »
    Gdi! Cost me €70 for the PS3 Aug edition... here in Sligo. Had to get someone to pre-order it for me as I was sick and just assumed it was around €50 like on the website. Anyone else hit with €70 or only €50 like Michael?Wonder could I complain about the crazy price to Gamestop HQ if everywhere else is €50 Aug Edition.
    ITS 70 PRICE AND THATS IF YOU CAN GET THE AUGMENTED EDITION NOW...

seriously that 50 is the standard version of the game i know as i did my hw

Advertisement