Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well it's impossible to tell much about the game there - "gameplay trailer" is a bit of an exaggeration; it's as much as cinematic trailer as anything else. As mentioned, it's all a bit combat heavy & whatever about stealth, if you can't just blag your way into a situation then I won't be happy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another preview of the game, based on a demo at GamesCom, showing the different violent and non-violent options available in the levels. It seems it won't be all run-n-gun:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-19-deus-ex-human-revolution-preview

Wow - if that was in-game footage then consider me impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

this looks amazing. Jensen sounds allot like gabe logan to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

pixelburp wrote: »
    Another preview of the game, based on a demo at GamesCom, showing the different violent and non-violent options available in the levels. It seems it won't be all run-n-gun:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-19-deus-ex-human-revolution-preview

Y'know, I'm not as impressed as I think I'm expected to be. The animation looks ugly (possibly because it's beta) and the voice acting is kind of lame. Fake Chinese accent, fake English accent, Solid Snake-esque grissly hero. I dunno, I just didn't get much of a Deus Ex vibe from it.

Oh and that God of War wall slinking bit was irritatingly...well, God of War. Finally, this is a prequel, right? Why does the environment look so much more high tech?

I hope it's a fantastic game in the spirit of the first one, but I remain sceptical.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Y'know, I'm not as impressed as I think I'm expected to be. The animation looks ugly (possibly because it's beta) and the voice acting is kind of lame. Fake Chinese accent, fake English accent, Solid Snake-esque grissly hero. I dunno, I just didn't get much of a Deus Ex vibe from it.

Ye wha? You have played Deus Ex, right? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New (i think) trailer released at TGS. Looks pretty damn good.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-deus-ex/704606?type=flv

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can an intelligent game work on a Console?

Mass Effect started out like Deus then at some point they went all shootie shootie with, the shooting feels tacked on and to cater for a mindless rabble who need it.

Deus Ex on a console imo will probably suffer the same fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I think Deus Ex 3 is looking good.
    Having played and loved the first one I hope this will be good.

The 2nd game wasnt bad actually. Not a good sequel.. but good game in its own right.
    I remember getting the demo on the xbox years ago with the official xbox magazine. The graphics blew me away. Its funny how time changes everything lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can an intelligent game work on a Console?

Mass Effect started out like Deus then at some point they went all shootie shootie with, the shooting feels tacked on and to cater for a mindless rabble who need it.

Deus Ex on a console imo will probably suffer the same fate.

Balls! I just bought that based on a friends recommendation; he said it wasn't the usual dumbed down rubbish :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ I hope they don't dumb it down...
    Here's the way I rank Deus Ex..
    Deus Ex is the finest game ever made bar none. The joy of replaying it differently every time still gets to me.
    IF you haven't played it..ignore the old graphics...the gameplay alone will keep you raving 10 years later just like I did just now. That's how good it is.

Deus Ex 2 was a bastard son spawned by Ion Storm and they paid the price for their arrogance in alienating the PC in favour of the console..good riddance to them.

I have a feeling this is going to be like Mass Effect 2...a good game but no Deus Ex...at least not like the first one.
    And it definitely looks like it's designed for a controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

kowloon wrote: »
    Balls! I just bought that based on a friends recommendation; he said it wasn't the usual dumbed down rubbish :(.

Mass Effect 1 & 2 are probably 2 of the finest games you can get your hands on. Ignore the haters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DarkJager wrote: »
    Mass Effect 1 & 2 are probably 2 of the finest games you can get your hands on. Ignore the haters :D

yeah I enjoyed them as well..few niggly bits but overall good games..first one is more rpg than fps whereas the 2nd one is definitely more fps than rpg..

*ressurects old thread*

http://kotaku.com/5691183/deus-ex-human-revolutions-remote-killing-and-elbow-sword

A new trailer has come out that - importantly - shows some proper gameplay at last; albeit briefly, but we get a bit of the UI too which is unique for a trailer.

Needless to say the trailer's emphasis is still on action & I'm worried that the non-blammo approach will just consist of airducts & cloaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

*ressurects old thread*

http://kotaku.com/5691183/deus-ex-human-revolutions-remote-killing-and-elbow-sword

A new trailer has come out that - importantly - shows some proper gameplay at last; albeit briefly, but we get a bit of the UI too which is unique for a trailer.

Needless to say the trailer's emphasis is still on action & I'm worried that the non-blammo approach will just consist of airducts & cloaking.

Looks fantastic and those elbow swords look amazing :D

Holy Sh1t. I want. I want now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks well class! i'm sure all the bits shown could have been done silently, even the end bit. If he was faster at the computer or left it before downloading completed, he could have escapaed silently but he waited to download the whole thing and they wanted to show off the cool weapons and fight. Thats what I think anyway, could just be very optimistic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

There's now a viral website up with a mini hacking game in it:

http://www.sarifindustries.com/en/

I love both the look and the music; brilliant in its own right but also pays homage to the original with some of the music cues.

Preordered the Augmented Edition from Amazon.co.uk yesterday on the strength of us.

P.

And there's an extended trailer out too. There's no gameplay in it & it's mostly made up of scenes we have seen before. Even if the game itself turns out to be rubbish, there's no denying the quality of the visuals - specifically the world design & tech - as well as the soundtrack (though the voice acting's fairly bad)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-cg-deus-ex/708299

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I can't wait for this. I got the first two cheap on Steam recently, so I'm gonna replay them before HR comes out.

I'm hoping that HR is as deep as the first game, with a similarly fun mission structure and plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Please be good.

Deus ex (the orginal) is one of the best games EVER!

Im slightly worried though, it looks dumbed down and very easy from the gameplay I watched a while back.

EDIT: Soundtrack sounds great though. Hints of the Deus ex 1 in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

:(

If it means more time for QA, refinement and testing, then I will live with the delay. I'd rather it right first time.

If it means more time for QA, refinement and testing, then I will live with the delay. I'd rather it right first time.

Exactly. I think we all have too many games these days anyway. Hopefully this will come out during the summer instead, when it might get a little more attention. I'll certainly have more time to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's 2010. Games companies don't do QA. They release unfinished games and patch them later. Get with the program. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Do the original 2 play on win7?Seen them both on steam but only supported as far as the xp os.

The first one was excellent and had no pc for the 2nd one.

Shame its delayed but hopefully like some posted it above its for quality reasons.here's hoping

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Do the original 2 play on win7?Seen them both on steam but only supported as far as the xp os.

I downloaded the first two from Steam, they both work perfectly on Windows 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

IMO, this is a very bad sign. SE have given a release date of 'before Q2, 2012'. Games delayed for more than a couple of months mean a huge transformation of the game's mechanics and design. If it was to touch up on multiplayer, or work out some balancing issues, it would take (at most) 3-4 months, not a year.

Also, I believe Deus Ex: IW also received a similar delay and in the end it was a more downgraded, simplified version of what was originally intended. Considering the latest financial figures released by SE, it looks like they need to make money and fast. What better way than ensuring a familiar franchise is more open to a larger audience, as opposed to an elite few, by making it more accessible - i.e dumbed down?

This is a worrying turn of events for a game with great potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Damn youuuu consolesssssssss

Advertisement