Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Finally gettin to start this. What a ****in opening!! Best i've seen in ages and I already know I'm going to love every second of this. Really slick stuff, love the mass effect style cover system and gunplay feels real smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

mewso wrote: »
    I'm not too far in but I'm not happy with
    the fact that all the hostages were dead in the first level because I was wandering around HQ before going on the mission. It's a game of exploration ffs. Oh well.
    Can you change that if you
    rush to the mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Finished the game....(got it on tuesday before anyone thinks im super human at it)

Played it on the hardest difficulty...
    Really good game, but not brilliant. Didnt grab me as much as the first one did.

My biggest gripe was the boss fights were ****. None of the bosses had any character. I mean you dont ever get to know anything about them as they have only a few lines in the whole game (the girl doesnt talk at all).

Compare that to deus ex 1 where you actually had interaction with the likes of Navare one and the gunther and that walter simmons. You grew to dislike them characters.

Here it just feels as if they are thrown in there as set pieces.

And the last boss fight is bloody stupid as is the last level really.

Another thing was the actual story was very meh imo. The whole game just feels like your to rescue the scientists and theres not much intrigue there.

Good game and it has plenty of good points. Just was hoping for a bit more. Plus the game is VERY short and I explored every corner of the game.

Pretty damn easy aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can you change that if you
    rush to the mission?
    Yes, if you go to the mission without wandering about too much, they're still alive and you can disarm the bomb threatening them. Saving one particular guy I suspect may have an advantage later in the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Michael_Burke

Razleavy wrote: »
    My local GS has it for €50...

Gdi! Cost me €70 for the PS3 Aug edition... here in Sligo. Had to get someone to pre-order it for me as I was sick and just assumed it was around €50 like on the website. Anyone else hit with €70 or only €50 like Michael?Wonder could I complain about the crazy price to Gamestop HQ if everywhere else is €50 Aug Edition.

Just return your copy
    Your receipt gives you 30 days
    You will get an exchange but not your money back since it's opened
    I always keep my reciept just in case
    Then you can get the aug copy ( in theory)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Russian-English version only €18.99 on G2play

http://www.g2play.net/store/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-RU-EN-Steam-Key.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I assume you just choose whatever language you want there?

And is that site reputable?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

danthefan wrote: »
    I assume you just choose whatever language you want there?

And is that site reputable?

I've used it loads of times. Never any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Completed the first mission last night. Spent a good bit at it because I was being extra careful, trying to stealth my way through. It held my attention though which was great because I usually get very impatient with stealth sequences in games. Just collecting some side quests for now before I start into the main story again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.ie are selling this for 48.99 and you get the Explosive Mission pack. Anyone else have this. Sent them a few games for trade in and will order this as soon as credit is put into my account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gamesnash.ie are selling this for 48.99 and you get the Explosive Mission pack. Anyone else have this. Sent them a few games for trade in and will order this as soon as credit is put into my account.

Thats the one I got off gamestop,for pre-ordering with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm thinking I'll return this. Does anyone know if Game will refund you after you've opened the box? I seem to be remember they would if you had opened it but not played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'll return this. Does anyone know if Game will refund you after you've opened the box? I seem to be remember they would if you had opened it but not played it.

What didn't you like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I doubt they will give you a refund, how can they tell you haven't played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Ditto. 7/10 for me so far after a couple of hours. Graphics are pants too (playing on the 360).

Just out of curiosity, have you played the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yep played the original, enjoyed this.

This one isn't a bad game but I just doubt it will hold my attention til the end or before some other, better game comes along.

Having said that, gave it another go this morning and it's growing on me.

Stuff i don't like though:

Awful cutscenes
    Occasional dodgy AI.
    NPCs. I walked up to two NPCs discussing me. Stood right between them blocking their view and they carry on talking about me as if I wasn't there.
    Cardboard boxes, why is there so many, what purpose do they have? Why highlight them?
    Crappy graphics

The game just seems to throw every type of gameplay at you: stealth, action, roleplay, hacking mini games. But none of them are that great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so this is bad?

was thinking about it on gplay for 19 euro but i dont hear anything good about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Dcully wrote: »

holy crap thats great :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is this another "needs to be played on the PC" type of game?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

so this is bad?

was thinking about it on gplay for 19 euro but i dont hear anything good about it

You didn't hear anything good about the game? Or do you mean gplay? I'm sick of seeing people say how good the game is :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

jaykhunter wrote: »

No major difference in graphics or gameplay, only thing I know of is that the AI is a little better on the PC in order to compensate for the increased accuracy of the mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

jaykhunter wrote: »

Nope, I'm playing it on PS3 and it feels great. Runs very smoothly, and the control pad is very good for the cover system. Which is what you'd most likely be using in combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Dcully wrote: »

never used these lads before, but just bought that version, one thing how do i get the key? is it sent by email or post or what? im just gonna get a refund didnt realize it was region locked.....derp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, totally gutted.

I would only buy this on the PC. Went into Gamestop and the very nice girl behind the counter told me the PC version was sold out. She rang a few stores, all sold out. Henry Street even told her that they had contacted the head office and they said they will not be restocking the PC version.

What a load of balls.

Digital download so, but I want it now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Well, totally gutted.

I would only buy this on the PC. Went into Gamestop and the very nice girl behind the counter told me the PC version was sold out. She rang a few stores, all sold out. Henry Street even told her that they had contacted the head office and they said they will not be restocking the PC version.

What a load of balls.

try g2play?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Burgo wrote: »
    try g2play?

Can you confirm that it will work? If there is no region conflicts then I'll download it for sure.

EDIT: G2Play just keeps timing out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

so this is bad?

What Deus ex? Its getting great reviews all over the place.

I finished it yesterday, got it on tuesday and played it pretty much every chance I got. The game is really good, but perhaps I built it up in my head to be something a bit more.

It still doesnt compare to the original. The augmentations in this for one are a problem. Bar a few upgrades the rest of the augmentations you dont even need. Plus the ones you do upgrade are just too easy upgrade.

The story is a bit all over the place aswell and it never really gets going. It just seems like this was the first part or something.

The characters in the game are very poor aswell. Bar Jensen who I really liked none of the others really have all that much too them. The bosses in this are completley lifeless and are just in the game as set pieces thrown at you for a generic boss fight.

As opposed to the original, you learned loads about those characters and grew to dislike them. You wanted to kill them not because you had to. In this it just feels like, here ya go boss fight time and then you progress on.

Gameplay was really good, could of done with a better augmentation system as really you dont need any of them bar maybe the hacking one and as I said the story and characters are pretty poor.

Sign of a good game though when I didnt want it to end, partly because I wanted the story to get much better and never did and secondly because I didnt want to finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Well, totally gutted.

What a load of balls.

I bought it in HMV Grafton Street earlier today on PC and they've got loads of copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Can you confirm that it will work? If there is no region conflicts then I'll download it for sure.

EDIT: G2Play just keeps timing out for me.
    I bet you are on UPC. It times out for me too. Seems to happen randomly to some people on UPC while it doesn't affect others. I rang them up about it but they dont seem to have fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Burgo wrote: »
    try g2play?

I just ordered a key from these lads and they sent me an email asking me what city I am in, have i ever used a proxy server to order from them and they also wanted my IP address????

Are these fellas gangsters, just nosey or what??

Advertisement