Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I bet you are on UPC. It times out for me too. Seems to happen randomly to some people on UPC while it doesn't affect others. I rang them up about it but they dont seem to have fixed it.

Yup. I just bought it from Game digital download in the end. Still waiting for confirmation email.

Honestly, slow to confirm, ridiculous pricing, regional locking...why do people cripple digital purchasing and then complain about software piracy? I had similar trouble with digital books on a Sony reader until I just bought a Kindle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Lads anyone thinking of buying the Russian steam key instead of the eu key off g2play beware as I am fairly sure you will not be able to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

marco_polo wrote: »
    Lads anyone thinking of buying the Russian steam key instead of the eu key off g2play beware as I am fairly sure you will not be able to play it.

yeah i went to buy it but they sent me a email telling me id have to use a russian VPN to use it, bought the EU version instead

Newaglish wrote: »
    I bought it in HMV Grafton Street earlier today on PC and they've got loads of copies.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    How much?

It was €40 which I thought was a bit much. But I had vouchers to burn!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so its 40 for us on g2play...meh no thanks

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Well, totally gutted.

I would only buy this on the PC. Went into Gamestop and the very nice girl behind the counter told me the PC version was sold out. She rang a few stores, all sold out. Henry Street even told her that they had contacted the head office and they said they will not be restocking the PC version.

What a load of balls.

Digital download so, but I want it now!!!

Gamestop aren't stocking the game on PC and all copies are being returned to Square Enix. They honoured pre-orders but that was it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

so its 40 for us on g2play...meh no thanks

Is it? thats pretty steep. I could be wrong but I swore it was about 29-30 a few days ago. It works out at about 34 euro off Direct2Drive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah no it isn't, i read a post wrong!

says 36 for uncut steam version and ru/en version is 19.
    we would have to get the 36 euro one?

what the **** is this **** adding bonus content you have to pay for at launch? this mission pack?

ah no it isn't, i read a post wrong!

says 36 for uncut steam version and ru/en version is 19.
    we would have to get the 36 euro one?

what the **** is this **** adding bonus content you have to pay for at launch? this mission pack?

They were part of the Retail Augmented Edition AFAIK, g2play is the only place you can buy it seperately (because they are really just selling keys from retail boxes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

You can get it for £21.50 here.

You can get it for £21.50 here.

Unfortunately not, more regional pricing. Goes up to €36 when you change to eurozone.

I tried that Gamesplanet.com website, I wouldn't recommend them. They claimed they needed to "validate" my purchase before sending me the key. After 3 hours I became impatient, my emails were not replied to so I went and bought it off D2D instead. Funnily enough, they sent me the key instantly. I guess, like most regular retailers, receiving payment is enough "validation" for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Headshot wrote: »
    The are releasing a Deus Ex: Human Revolution clothing line

ss_preview_Adam_Jensen_Coat_1.png

looks pretty cool

Nice coat I guess, but it would be so much better if it was the actual coat from the game instead of just "inspired" by it. Look at the detail of the shoulders on the in-game coat - infinitely cooler than this. No sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Ahhh crap.... Didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can't put this game down, playing all day and my arse hurts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Was worried about my 5 year old pc playing this (graphics card was upgraded 2 years ago) core2duo e6600 and nvidia gtx 260
    Had to turn setting down but runs fairly smooth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Playing in 360, talking to Megans mam to complete her quest and everytime end up with no convo options and the game just sits there and have to re-load.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm really enjoying it. Really like taking my time figuring out the best route avoiding conflict, where possible. The graphics may not be the best but it's still very pretty:

46B38CF97725EA168A1FF02451BCFE72221CF6EA
    A few more here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/theusual5uspect/screenshots/?tab=&showdate=1&filter=app_28050

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game is fantastic.

I'm wondering when I'll stop my 'let's try not kill anyone' thing and just snap. That Double T task was so hard to do without killing anyone. Double Takedowns FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Grayditch wrote: »
    This game is fantastic.

I'm wondering when I'll stop my 'let's try not kill anyone' thing and just snap. That Double T task was so hard to do without killing anyone. Double Takedowns FTW.

I played the first half hour or so without trying to kill anyone, and then i restarted and killed everyone as it's more fun at the moment! I'll save the stealthy approach for the 2nd play through. .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

seems to be just me but I hate this game. Been playing it for about a half hour now and I think I'm done with it

al28283 wrote: »
    seems to be just me but I hate this game. Been playing it for about a half hour now and I think I'm done with it

Keep going until you get out into the city and it opens up. Take your time and don't try to run and gun it.

5uspect wrote: »
    Keep going until you get out into the city and it opens up. Take your time and don't try to run and gun it.

I tried to be as stealthy as I could but just ended up being bored.

Also the AI is pretty bad. One guard was suspicious and looking for me so I threw a concussion grenade at him, he jumped to the ground and I didnt detonate it and when he got to his feet he was no longer looking for me :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I started this game tonight on the PS3 and have just finished the first mission. I haven't played any of the previous Deus Ex games so I'm totally unfamiliar with the world. That certainly isn't a problem. I'm only two hours in and I'm totally sucked into the fiction. I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

The only problem is that I haven't been enjoying the gameplay so far. I wanted to try and stealth my way though the game but I got killed about 15 times by the same bunch of guys in the first mission. I had to just resorted to killing everything that moves. I'm finding the controls hard to get used to. I might just drop the difficulty setting down to easy to enjoy the story.

al28283 wrote: »

I tried to be as stealthy as I could but just ended up being bored.

Also the AI is pretty bad. One guard was suspicious and looking for me so I threw a concussion grenade at him, he jumped to the ground and I didnt detonate it and when he got to his feet he was no longer looking for me :confused::confused::confused:

It's not all about stealth, you can also talk your way through many situations. The first mission is a stealth em up tho.

Ultimately you're going to Aug yourself to whatever play style you prefer.

It's not all about stealth, you can also talk your way through many situations. The first mission is a stealth em up tho.

Ultimately you're going to Aug yourself to whatever play style you prefer.
    Meh, don't try run and gun it, don't try stealth rather talk your way through it. Think i'll trade

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Started playing today at 3pm knowing I had to leave at 7pm cause I had my friend's birthday to attend. I realised "Oh frak, I'm mad late" at about 10 past 9 because it completely sucked me in.

LOVING it. Left my game in
    the police station
    and am currently too inebriated to even consider playing it cause I'll muck up the save file :p

There are elements of Mass Effect in the conversations with people (with none of that Paragon and Renegade stuff) and the stealth stuff which I normally don't enjoy in games at all is very satisfying.

Having completed the first main mission (which was a really good intro to all your new enhancements) and one of the side missions, I gotta say I'm actually considering heading to bed very shortly so I can be up bright and early to get stuck into a good 10 hours of this tomorrow , but there's the MLG Raleigh SC2 tournament to watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Can anyone confirm the minimum specs? All the pre release info said the minimum graphics card was a 8000 series nVidia. Grand I though, I've a 8600GT. Even last night on Steam when I checked that was the same. However, I've just picked up a copy from Game (I've a voucher, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Mind you, €40 for the Mission edition - only wanted the basic one!) and the back of the box has 8800 nVidia as the minimum.

Just in case anyone else is looking for this info.... I checked the official website and the original spec's were still there so I took the chance that it was a printing error. The game runs on the 8600GT just fine though at very low resolution - higher res just resulted in very unresponsive and jerky (though very pretty!) scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'll return this. Does anyone know if Game will refund you after you've opened the box? I seem to be remember they would if you had opened it but not played it.

Not once the seal is broken, I'm afraid. Worth chancing, but that's their official policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was just looking forward to playing this game when it started to install on the PS3 :(

64% Come on! :)

Advertisement