Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Throw the gas canisters and explosive barrels at him. He'll die pretty quickly.

I know you can do that, but on the hardest difficulty level, I threw all of them at him and he was still ticking. With his gun firing near-constantly, I die soon after. It's intensely frustrating to be forced into a specific gametype scenario that I had been intentionally avoiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Just finished it. I loved it and have started another play through. Going to do this one with out killing anyone and without setting off an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just played through the intro (before realising I was on the wrong profile, ffs :D).
    Absolutely love it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

pixelburp wrote: »
    I know you can do that, but on the hardest difficulty level, I threw all of them at him and he was still ticking. With his gun firing near-constantly, I die soon after. It's intensely frustrating to be forced into a specific gametype scenario that I had been intentionally avoiding.
    Stun gun him - seems to completely floor him for 5-6 seconds. Keep doing it and he'll die very quickly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, just finished it
    i was going to choose to send darrows message because well.. it's the truth, about the conspiracy and why the aug's went nuts. but then eliza says it will cause humanity to reject science and learning which was a bit too bsg for me so I just murdered everyone, including that nice german woman at the limb clinic.
    Up until the end I thought the way the game handled the morality of augmented humans was just.. amateurish and badly written but that ****ing monologue at the end, jesus christ.
    seriously, what kind of retards write the stories for video games.. that **** was just embarrasing.
    very good game though, I killed 1 person at the very start but other than that everyone else (apart from the arctic base full of people I murdered) survived. I'm not sure I'm bothered playing it again.. the gun play wasn't that great, the fun of the game was in the sneaking around, silently knocking people out and getting away with it.. as a shooter, I can't imagine it being any good or any kind of challenge, once you get properly augmented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wow you really shouldn't doss about in the lobby at the start :D lesson learned

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

pixelburp wrote: »

Yeah, that really pissed me off also.
    The stun gun slows him down a good bit but I ended up having to circle strafing him with the shotty to finish him off.

yep, that was a big complaint I had too. having to carry around 2 guns and a load of ammo all the time just so I'd have them for those rare ass fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Loving the social upgrade, pheromone persuasion is awesome! (especially in the police station: "I won't even beat you up, I'll just kill you") :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just finished it there, really enjoyed it, one thing i would have loved to see in the game was some proper melee weapons, i mean your arms are big feckin swords so why can't you use 'em!

The one part that I really didnt like was
    Panchaea, with the crazy/zombie people, I had been doing so good up to that point and only killed the bosses, but it just pissed me off. Especially due to the fact that their melee attack pretty much stopped you from moving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

played a little bit and am really impressed, feels like deus ex 1 just modernized

oh btw
    did anyone actually stay on to after the credits? secret scene for anyone who can't be bothered to sit through all the credits http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYSeSq-Ahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm tryin to kill the first boss Barrett (absolute bastard) and just wonderin if anyone can tell me how much of the game I have left?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

DarkJager wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but I'm tryin to kill the first boss Barrett (absolute bastard) and just wonderin if anyone can tell me how much of the game I have left?
    I struggled a bit with him as I was spec'd for hacking. In the end I just
    threw red barrels at him and blew them up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

5uspect wrote: »
    Yeah, that really pissed me off also. The stun gun slows him down a good bit but I ended up having to circle strafing him with the shotty to finish him off.

Well I got him eventually. To do so, I had to backtrack through the level, pick up a machine gun (using up the last of my tranq rounds on the guards I left standing previously), then go back to the fight and once I stunned him, either chuck a barrel at him or pump him full of lead. Eventually took him down, but it's a shame after that stellar introduction to Deus Ex 2011 style, we got a cookie-cutter boss fight. Very little creativity at play there. Shame.

if you have any conc grenades they work great to stun him then just shoot him in the face repeatedly, works like a charm! I'd say you are about 1/4ish of the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Can we use spoiler tags if we're offering hints please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

RE first boss:

Yeah I'm playing on the hardest setting too and I died many times here. It sucks cause what I like about the hard setting is that its one hit one kill for you and the enemies. But boss fights seem to change that. Anyway -
    I opened the fight with an emp nade and it worked very well but I only had the one. Unloaded my souped up shotgun into him till it ran out of ammo and he's still walking. Few tries later I thought of trying the stun gun, and that really works wonders and I got him in the end.

Another thing that annoyed me about it was I was stealthed a few times and he had his back to me, shouting that he could not see me and he'd throw a nade. But the nade would fly right at me (in the total opposite direction of where his arm was throwing it)
    think it was a bug.

Burgo wrote: »
    if you have any conc grenades they work great to stun him then just shoot him in the face repeatedly, works like a charm! I'd say you are about 1/4ish of the way through

1/4? that seems a bit ridiculous that I'm already 25% through - is that 1/4 of the main plot you're referring to, because I've been taking my time and playing all the sidequests I've found.

i wasnt exactly taking my time, and im pretty sure I missed some stuff and I got 28 hours out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

have to say this is the best game ive played this year, wish more devs would create more stuff with this kind of depth :( i love a game that doesnt take me for an idiot

i wasnt exactly taking my time, and im pretty sure I missed some stuff and I got 28 hours out of it
    That's what I thought - I'm amazed some people here have already completed the game; I presumed you guys had just been playing the main-plot quests, and not exploring or seeking out sub-plots / missions

I spent about 30-40 hours on Mass Effect 1 & 2, so I was hoping Deus Ex would contain about the same.

this game isn't like mass effect though, i got about .. i dunno 4 to 6 side quests per location, i just couldnt find anymore

i ran around talking to just about everyone I saw but there were only a small number of people who were quest givers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Playing this for the last 2 days. I like it :D

But one thing I noticed is the pre-rendered movies dont look as good as in the trailers before the games launch. In this only on the 360 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Quite a lot left :) I think im on the last boss....
    Wish i didn't go get my augs fixed !!!!!! **** !!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can we use spoiler tags if we're offering hints please?

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Playing this for the last 2 days. I like it :D

But one thing I noticed is the pre-rendered movies dont look as good as in the trailers before the games launch. In this only on the 360 version?

Do you mean this trailer?

If so, this one was a promotional trailer done separately by Square's VFX company in Japan. The in-game cinematics just appear to be in-game graphics that are pre-rendered...the geometry/polygon count of the characters and environments appears to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just completed it yesterday.

Part Metal Gear Solid.
    Part Hitman.
    Part Blade Runner.

I'm sure I missed about half the side missions and still got around 30 hours out of it, and I'm jumping straight back into another playthrough to complete the missions differently and make different decisions.

Loved it. If I had one complaint it would be looking for ammo. Never seems to be enough to warrant shooting your way through a mission. I was always kinda forced to stealth it for at least a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

anybody else notice the lack of side quests in shanghai ?
    Maybe I just couldnt find them... but it seems like there was allot more time put into Detroit than Shanghai.

Pity I was looking forward to this area the most... Hong Kong was my favourite spot in Deus 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Just to solve an argument I'm sure I'm bound to have soon: how do you pronounce Deus Ex?

Advertisement