Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Shiminay wrote: »
    1:20 in and all I want to do is see the 2 tards on that video die of a horribly slow and painful wasting disease...

Will not be watching any more of it.

Curiously, that's precisely the time I stopped watching to see if anyone else thought it was annoyed by the two kids whining at eachother...

Installing right now. Oh, the excitement...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pixelburp wrote: »
    Reached shanghai last night, and a bit worried that people are saying the side quests peter out... :/ I wouldn't mind but that hub area seems huge, I was expecting there be even more distractions than in Detroit. Hummity, wondering now if the honeymoon period is already over :(
    there's a few things to take care of in shanghai, but you wont be doing 10+ quests or anything.. off the top of my head there's 3-4 side quest givers there.. and 2 of them only have 1 quest to give. i think the other 2 give you two.

oh wait, there's another one I forgot.. but she only gives 1 quest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pfffffffffffffff I say to that - what kind of head of security (or even what kind of man) sneaks past all the intruders in his employers office who are shooting his colleagues and are ultimately going after his love interest?

There's a few you can knock out in the lab with a well placed and timed shot - gas the feckers.. that'll show them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there no stat page at all? I love me stat pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Completed this on Sunday:

Overall pretty good, I would give it a 85%.

While I liked the game in general, the energy system was lame, having to eat a fcuking Mars bar every time I wanted to take out more than one person quickly at a time was very annoying. You are a frikking cyborg with blades in your arms, you should be skull fcuking every clown in sight with them, not killing someone then "oh wait I need to charge up my fists".

As a friend pointed out: you an fall off a building and land in a ball of electro magnetic light which doesn't user power :confused: yet to punch someone in the face you do :confused::confused:

Batman Arkham Asylum managed to have an entire game based on beating armed thugs up and they manager to skip all that power bar crap and just allow you to stealth kill at will and it worked.

For a game all about freedoms and "awarding the player for success" it was a very silly design decision.

Lets not mention the boss fights....

Still it did play homage pretty well to the original if it did lack a bit in the RPG dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just finished my first playthrough.... what can i say... excellent game, best game i've played this generation imo. Quite long aswel tbh ! Wasn't expecting to spend 25-30 hours on it first time so that was a pleasant suprise.

Thought everything was balanced quite well, the only thing that anoyed me about the battery thing was that only the first one charged ! Other than that i have no real compliants as its obviously a method of balance and works quite well (If you could just run around battering everything with takedowns it wouldn't be very fun now would it !!).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

danthefan wrote: »
    Would anyone know what the cheapest digital version of this is?

Pretty sure the game digital store is.

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Deus-Ex---Human-Revolution-2229-38.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

got this screenie last night, bustin' through walls with that skill is even more fun than i thought it would be
    81730E46410E4971096B1FB0F142C62C2FBE57F6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

marco_polo wrote: »

This is the best I've come across Direct2drive with the code SAVE15D2D is £25.46. Most of the other shops default to a poor Euro rate when trying to buy.

Shopto.net is £24.85 but I don't like the way you have to give your credit card details just to register an account.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Sarn wrote: »
    This is the best I've come across Direct2drive with the code SAVE15D2D is £25.46. Most of the other shops default to a poor Euro rate when trying to buy.

Shopto.net is £24.85 but I don't like the way you have to give your credit card details just to register an account.

There was a discount code :(, where were you a few days ago :)

• Advertisement

anyone else on their second play through finding the game stupidly easy?

im playing 1 level harder, but it feels like i'm playing deus ex for dummies

the only reason im playing now is to get that pacifist achievement I cheated myself out of stupidly the first time, but it's not that much fun.. except for a few rare cases where I'm actually put in a tough spot by something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

looks like there's a dlc on the way to day or something..seen some message saying to check Deus Ex site today but it's down at the moment getting content updated....
    Agree that it's an a very good game...way better than 2 but nowhere close to what 1 was.. I really wish they integrated the weapon skills into this game...being able to use all weapons is major lame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    looks like there's a dlc on the way to day or something..seen some message saying to check Deus Ex site today but it's down at the moment getting content updated....
    Agree that it's an a very good game...way better than 2 but nowhere close to what 1 was.. I really wish they integrated the weapon skills into this game...being able to use all weapons is major lame :(

Saw that earlier too. was supposed to be at 10pm GMT
    anyone else on their second play through finding the game stupidly easy?

im playing 1 level harder, but it feels like i'm playing deus ex for dummies

the only reason im playing now is to get that pacifist achievement I cheated myself out of stupidly the first time, but it's not that much fun.. except for a few rare cases where I'm actually put in a tough spot by something.

I'm playing my 1st play on give me deus ex and going for no alarms and pacifist at the same time, must have reloaded the game 100 times so far and I'm still in detroit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The message posted was like an unreadable form of text speak followed by a cipher code. Forum on gamefaqs thinks it's related to a London city hub dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Now that would be cool.

Now that would be cool.

Message read: okM8-+Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;GI6=u746?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCKu7

Then the 2nd a few mins later:
    5 - /! f/ f q / x c/ q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / jH

Don't ask me how they made sense of it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That is ****in brilliant!!! Wish I'd thought of that before I went to China :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

somethings happenng....getting a steam update now....a new dlc would be nice (a free one at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I actually spent a bit of time doing this before I came across this video :pac:

Really liking the game, definitely is a Deus Ex successor. Love the little nods towards the 1st game though the lack of melee weapons is really irritating, who in development thought not including it was a good idea?

Soundtrack is ace and just reeks of the original one but doesn't rely on it.

I'm only at Shanghai at the moment but can't wait to dig into it tomorrow. Did anyone come across the toilet with the 3 shells? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I have a second digital copy that I was hoping to "return" to GAME's digital store but they don't answer emails.

If anyone wants to buy it off me for the price I paid (£27.99) send me a PM.

Liking the game, although the original was so fresh to me when it came out (wait a minute, a shooter where I don't have to run around gun's blazing?) that this one just could never feel as special. Like all great games, a lot of the ideas have been copied and imitated many times over the years, so while Deus Ex HR does feel like a good game, it's just not a great one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That mirror video's hilarious :D I just found my apartment last night and decided "well, I'm home now, so it's as good a time as any to go to bed" and did. I restarted because I'd only really done the first mission and one of the side missions - I never really got that the clock was ticking on the hostages on the first mission, so this time I saved them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Edit: Ninja'd
    That was posted yesterday by Wolfforager.
    I gave up after 40 seconds.

That mirror video's hilarious :D I just found my apartment last night and decided "well, I'm home now, so it's as good a time as any to go to bed" and did. I restarted because I'd only really done the first mission and one of the side missions - I never really got that the clock was ticking on the hostages on the first mission, so this time I saved them :)

yeah, games always say "you'd better hurry, get down there now" so it's hard to know when you actually have to hurry and when they're just trying to make it sound genuine.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I have a second digital copy that I was hoping to "return" to GAME's digital store but they don't answer emails.

If anyone wants to buy it off me for the price I paid (£27.99) send me a PM.

Liking the game, although the original was so fresh to me when it came out (wait a minute, a shooter where I don't have to run around gun's blazing?) that this one just could never feel as special. Like all great games, a lot of the ideas have been copied and imitated many times over the years, so while Deus Ex HR does feel like a good game, it's just not a great one.
    Dare I say it....
    I think it's better than the original :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

DarkJager wrote: »
    Dare I say it....
    I think it's better than the original :D

I'm an old fogie, I will always think the older, flawed and less polished version is the best.

I'm an old fogie, I will always think the older, flawed and less polished version is the best.

Don't get me wrong, the original is in my top 3 games ever but there is something about this I just think goes one over it. It's been a long time since I had that "I didn't realise it's 3am" moment with a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd be one of the old fogies too, but I'd say that the original had a lot more going for it. I liked the way that picking a lock was a seperate skill to hacking, so there was an extra way of doing things. And it had melee weapons. They weren't always too effective, but they were there.

In the original you had a constant feeling of being up against forces which are threatening the world, but I honestly don't get the same feeling from this one. It feels more like a localised threat. It also feels a lot more linear to me. I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same, but the way there were so many locations in the first one (and it was a much longer game) made it seem more epic and open than this one.

I'm still loving this game. Not the greatest thing I've ever played, but it's as good as I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

The boss fights in this are really out of place. Only completed the first one but it breaks the flow of the game. I'm sneaking, ghosting everything...then I walk straight into a room and the bad guy walks up behind me. And I have to kill him!

First game did that better.

I am loving this game though the actual missions are quiet linear but the hub sections are better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Any else a bit confused by the hacking mini-game?

Is the whole thing just based on luck? It seems like every single time I try to capture a node I'm detected.

Advertisement