Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yes.. i tranq darted the **** out of that mission :/

**** anyway

no way i'm going back in for a 3rd playthrough any time soon

also, that mission you spoilered, I
    set up a concussive mine at the entrance to the big room and then lobbed 2 gas grenades on top of them. didnt have to fire a shot, was awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    Did you you tranq darts on the side mission you do for the under cover cop disguised as a ho in Detroit ???? Theres a know bug where it reports then as dead, check for ZZZzzzzzz's and not a skull when you look at the bodies.

Didn't spoiler that as it's important people know about it and no plot details in it.

On a related note how the hell are people finishing so quick???? I'm on the dole and playing since sunday evening and still only half way through :eek:

Must me my ocd for having to have everything and look in every corner.

Thank fook I upgraded my stealth cammo thing there was no way I was getting out of that room
    in the tower where she pushes you out of the panic room to be swarmed with guards
    with out having to set off an alarm or shoot my way out :eek:
    finishd it twice and returned it since sunday. You realise there is an alarm already going off in that level right?
    yes.. i tranq darted the **** out of that mission :/

**** anyway

no way i'm going back in for a 3rd playthrough any time soon

also, that mission you spoilered, I
    set up a concussive mine at the entrance to the big room and then lobbed 2 gas grenades on top of them. didnt have to fire a shot, was awesome

yeah i had the same problem my first time round, second time round i just blasted through on the easiest mode with as few side quests as possible and 1000 pointed it

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Shiminay wrote: »
    1:20 in and all I want to do is see the 2 tards on that video die of a horribly slow and painful wasting disease...

Will not be watching any more of it.
    Wow. I thought it was me who wanted to shotty the whiny maggoty one in the face. Again and again and again and...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I went a bit mental and bought the typhon straight out of the gate.

Sooo... couldnt hack any level 2 security, move level 2 boxes or pick up much! Made getting through the first level a bit tricky!

On the plus side, many citizens have been tranqed in the face. I'll let you know when that gets boring. Wont be any time soon.

I've just reached the first boss (I've been *busy*, ok!), and I have no stun grenads (I have EMP , Frag and Concussion... one of each).... but i do have 6 rounds for the Typhon... that will have to do. This thing better be worth it because its been a pain in my nipples getting it so early (what was I think?! Oh yeah.... "DeV want big boom!"... will I never learn?)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That Pangu floor in Tai Young Medical was real nice. First glimpse of a skyline soaked in sunlight and a great piece of music to soundtrack it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I love those moments in games

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Maximilian wrote: »
    I can't believe the mirror was never fixed.
    If you hack the PC in the lobby there's an email saying the mirror has been sitting in a warehouse for four weeks and they've been waiting for a confirmation email from the manager before they can ship it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Said to myself I'd try to a no kill playthrough first time round, that didn't last long.
    Double T and his gang got a remote explosive thrown into their living room, pretty much impossible to tranq them all without being spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

in the tower where she pushes you out of the panic room to be swarmed with guards

I just hurled mines and grenades down the stairs until everything was dead :pac:
    DeVore wrote: »
    I've just reached the first boss (I've been *busy*, ok!), and I have no stun grenads (I have EMP , Frag and Concussion... one of each).... but i do have 6 rounds for the Typhon... that will have to do.

Toss the EMP at him, it'll leave him twitching for a while giving you the chance to carefully place some bullets in his skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Thought it was Deu - es or Day - us
    Both wrong apparently

Dee - uhs ...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deus

I've heard it spoken a few times as Day-Us
    I said to a co-worker are u getting day-us ex. He goes " WHA!!!". He thought I was asking him if he wanted gay sex. Really difficult name to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

finishd it twice and returned it since sunday. You realise there is an alarm already going off in that level right?

Yeah, but all I had to my name at that point was 2 stun shots and 1 tranq vs 10 soldiers, rest of the things in my kit were lethal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I said to a co-worker are u getting day-us ex. He goes " WHA!!!". He thought I was asking him if he wanted gay sex. Really difficult name to say.

I think I'm just going to start calling it Human Revolution in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I had some laugh walking around holding a hacked turret set to enemies.:D What an awesome game. Already looking forward the second play through. Think I'm at the second last boss on lvl10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm kind of getting sick of all the sneaking around to be honest. It's well done, and probably makes it easier, but I just want to go guns blazing, and pretty much kill everything. I even saw a sniper rifle last night, and couldnt pick it up :(

I'll wait till my 2nd playthrough though, as i've gone totally stealthy all the way so far. Does anyone comment on if you go around killing everyone? Havent really had anyone mention to me about how stealthy/non lethal i've been yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well it's hard to comment on how invisible you've been, because nobody sees you do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I see there's already rumour and innuendo based around dlc for this game. The nature of the city hubs, disconnected and unique, but each with their own set of stories, could actually make any dlc kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

For the first boss you dont even need a weapon.

Green gas bottle then red barrel. X 3

Done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Jumpy wrote: »
    For the first boss you dont even need a weapon.

Green gas bottle then red barrel. X 3

Done.

I was surprised at how easy it I got through it after what I had been reading. On the second try four frag grenades + two blasts of shotgun and he wa dead before he even finished walking towards me.

Now the second boss was much tougher, luckily on about the 6th attempt a pathfinder glitch got her stuck in a wall and that was that. :pac:

Usually out of pride/stubborness I would reload and do it properly, but I didn't mind getting this freebie as the boss fight feel out of place in the game anyway and it let me get back to the awesomeness of the other 99% of the game more quickly.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    I see there's already rumour and innuendo based around dlc for this game. The nature of the city hubs, disconnected and unique, but each with their own set of stories, could actually make any dlc kinda cool.

You know if it was fairly substantial 'expansion pack like' DLC I would have no problem in shelling out for more of this (DLC is something I pretty well never buy, pretty well the only exception being all the borderlands DLC during a Steam sale).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

For anyone thinking about buying this digital download, just picked it up from G2Play.net - it was €45 including the bonus mission and The Witcher 2 for good measure. 35 for Deus Ex on its own.

Took a couple emails back and forward but got all keys and installing on steam as we speak so thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

other then a funny - 'please send us a picture of your ID before we process your first order' - type policy, Ive had no issue with g2play, and would recommend

fwiw I just sent them a picture of my gardai age card, and they didnt have a problem with it - just for those of you thinking of sending drivers license, or god forbid, passport photo (bad idea!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vikings wrote: »
    For anyone thinking about buying this digital download, just picked it up from G2Play.net - it was €45 including the bonus mission and The Witcher 2 for good measure. 35 for Deus Ex on its own.

Took a couple emails back and forward but got all keys and installing on steam as we speak so thumbs up.

Was that your first purchase from G2play?
    Reason i ask is usually its a matter of 2 minutes to get your codes, i do remember my first purchase i had to prove idendity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Dcully wrote: »
    Was that your first purchase from G2play?
    Reason i ask is usually its a matter of 2 minutes to get your codes, i do remember my first purchase i had to prove idendity.

Yep, 2 silly questions about what city I was logging in from and did I use a Russian VPN to purchase from their store.

I received 2 keys almost immediately but the key for the actual Deus Ex, not the extra mission pack, was not sent to me so I had to chase them. In fairness, their support was emailing me back within 1-2 minutes so it was hassle free as could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

gay sex or day of sex :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

the side mission you do for the under cover cop disguised as a ho in Detroit ???? Theres a know bug where it reports then as dead, check for ZZZzzzzzz's and not a skull when you look at the bodies.

Didn't spoiler that as it's important people know about it and no plot details in it.

There is another annoying bug I got when doing that side mission. There should be 6 guys in that area but 1 guy (should be in the kitchen) in certain circumstances can simply vanish. Your indicator will point to an inaccessible spot above a water tower. You can't complete the mission until you get him. Some people have been able to kill him by firing with certain weapons at the point in the sky indicated. I got him by dragging the 5 guys I had knocked out away from the kitchen and went off to a section that required a load, came back and there he was back in the kitchen not bothered at all that his 5 buddies were missing :) I did see some mention while searching for a solution that dragging the main guy (Tommy T?) after knocking him out resulted in him dying. Anyway as said before not spoiler-ed as some people might hit this bug and I avoided any major detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey i was on the deus ex official forums and someone posted a screenshot of them using that Augmented see through walls thing but they also said something how there gun can shoot through walls or something.

For the life of me I cant find the post now so was just wondering whats he on about? Is there a gun or an augmentation that can shoot through walls?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mewso wrote: »
    There is another annoying bug I got when doing that side mission. There should be 6 guys in that area but 1 guy (should be in the kitchen) in certain circumstances can simply vanish. Your indicator will point to an inaccessible spot above a water tower. You can't complete the mission until you get him. Some people have been able to kill him by firing with certain weapons at the point in the sky indicated. I got him by dragging the 5 guys I had knocked out away from the kitchen and went off to a section that required a load, came back and there he was back in the kitchen not bothered at all that his 5 buddies were missing :) I did see some mention while searching for a solution that dragging the main guy (Tommy T?) after knocking him out resulted in him dying. Anyway as said before not spoiler-ed as some people might hit this bug and I avoided any major detail.

Yeah I got this one, I spent ages trying to solve it. Shooting at the marker, lobbing grenades over the roof, rocket lauchers, saving - reloading, waiting making noise, Nothing worked for me so Ijust had to move on eventually.

Supposedly the bug is triggered if you bump into the two guys outside before receiving the quest (one of them then wanders off post conversation). Unfortunately my pre save before this was about 4 hours back so completion will have to wait for a second playthrough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

marco_polo wrote: »
    Yeah I got this one, I spent ages trying to solve it. Shooting at the marker, lobbing grenades over the roof, rocket lauchers, saving - reloading, waiting making noise, Nothing worked for me so Ijust had to move on eventually.

Supposedly the bug is triggered if you bump into the two guys outside before receiving the quest (one of them then wanders off post conversation). Unfortunately my pre save before this was about 4 hours back so completion will have to wait for a second playthrough.

Ye had to skip it too, spent ages following the markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I wish there was the ability to set a way point on the map. I got stuck in Derelict Row for about fifteen minutes earlier. Just couldn't find a way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Double post. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, yeah
    some of the later missions are ****ing awful trying to navigate using that map

it wasn't until late in my second play through I started to get sort of a handle on the maps

Advertisement