Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Or even if the maps were easier to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Liking the gameplay but its horrible looking, was the hoping the long loading times were for something nice but its awful.

Game is good tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I noticed "Connaught Technology" on the side of my plasma rifle....lol. How advanced are these country boys ? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

heh, yeah
    some of the later missions are ****ing awful trying to navigate using that map

it wasn't until late in my second play through I started to get sort of a handle on the maps

Or when the market doesn't show up until you exit to another area.

Minor niggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Just completed it there, very satsifying game that doesn't leave me feeling short-changed. Haven't played a game like that in years.

It's full of niggles like the Hacking screen being annoying to use (It's too small for the networks you have to deal with which can be infuriating when you're a pixel off from correctly clicking on the flag to capture a node or the Nuke & Worm indicator gets in the way. Stupid place to put it.)

The map was so unbelievably useless sometimes, never pointing out markers correctly for me leaving me to just run off and find it through my radar. In the case of Shanghai, it really tested your patience sometimes.

Overall, though, I enjoyed this and will have to go through it again to do things differently. I was sort of all over the place being stealthy one minute while being a relentless killing machine the next, especially towards the end when I just slaughtered all around me.
    Goddamn multiple decisions at the ending had me scratching my head in worry again just like the first Deus Ex game. That one decision is always the big one on a first playthrough for me.
    :pac:

Also, stay until after the credits.
    The appearance of Bob Page and the original theme tune was the cherry on top of this delicious cake.

Excellent game, not a masterpiece, but still one of the best games I've played in a long time.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Just completed it there, very satsifying game that doesn't leave me feeling short-changed. Haven't played a game like that in years.

It's full of niggles like the Hacking screen being annoying to use (It's too small for the networks you have to deal with which can be infuriating when you're a pixel off from correctly clicking on the flag to capture a node or the Nuke & Worm indicator gets in the way. Stupid place to put it.)

The map was so unbelievably useless sometimes, never pointing out markers correctly for me leaving me to just run off and find it through my radar. In the case of Shanghai, it really tested your patience sometimes.

Overall, though, I enjoyed this and will have to go through it again to do things differently. I was sort of all over the place being stealthy one minute while being a relentless killing machine the next, especially towards the end when I just slaughtered all around me.
    Goddamn multiple decisions at the ending had me scratching my head in worry again just like the first Deus Ex game. That one decision is always the big one on a first playthrough for me.
    :pac:

Also, stay until after the credits.
    The appearance of Bob Page and the original theme tune was the cherry on top of this delicious cake.

Excellent game, not a masterpiece, but still one of the best games I've played in a long time.

One of the best + least disappointing games of this year so far, in a year that is back loaded for big releases this is a great start!!!!!

Next to my map niggles, the battery is really starting to bug me now, stuff to recharge it is very scarce indeed!!!!! I can see why for example if you had an abundant supply you could cloak and run the entire game, they messed up the balance there as they did with the balance of some of the weapons, I mean I finished the 2nd boss tonight with nothing else but 5 shots of a stun gun on the hardest setting , it is the single most effective gun in the game :D

Edit: is it just me or has this game made folks want to run back to the original shadow run on snes or syndicate ????? It really has "that " feel to it :) and I am heading straight for those 2 next !!!!

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit: is it just me or has this game made folks want to run back to the original shadow run on snes or syndicate ????? It really has "that " feel to it :) and I am heading straight for those 2 next !!!!

Nope, I was in Shanghai strolling along when I thought "Shadowrun...........hmmm..............they really should remake that..... :pac: It nailed the atmosphere.

I ignored all of the perks like cloak, see through the wall, etc. I wanted a challenge since I consider that stuff unneccesary for a game like this. Good thing being that at least there never was a situation where you absolutely needed these perks.

It's not a scratch on the first game but it's a damn fine addition to the franchise. I'm glad it's gone down so well and has been built with the upmost intentions of sitting it nicely into the Deus Ex mythology, not trying to redefine it but instead add to it which I think it did wonderfully with some great touches.

More games are needed like this to piss all over the blandness of "serious" linear FPS games nowadays. I'm bored to death of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I noticed "Connaught Technology" on the side of my plasma rifle....lol. How advanced are these country boys ? :P
    Saw that on one of the upgrade descriptions. I think whenever I start shooting now I think I need to show "TO HELL OR TO CONNAUGHT!"

Edit: Connaught Tenchology seems to be a real business in London. I wonder why they go from software consultants to weapons manufacturer in the next 16 years?

Finished the game there last night. I'm on a mobile and my thumbs probably won't be able to cope with the scrolling through over 1000 posts, so I'm probably reiterating what others have said.

It was a great game - on the whole the voice acting was topnotch, the cutscreens were really well done and it was a great experience. I must also echo what somebody else has said and say that the items to recharge your batteries were few and far between outside of a LIMB clinic.

The loading times did get a bit much sometimes, but at least it made it possible to navigate large areas without anything being loaded as you walk, leading to jitters.

Think my main quibble with the game is only something minor, which is the fact you couldn't turn off that takedown movie after you either pressed or held down B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Have to say, im not really feeling this so far. Im still in Detroit so its early days still, but so far, its just not grabbing me. Detroit itself doesnt feel like youre in a city, more like a coupel of corridors with people standing around. Not that i wanted open world, but after spending so much time recently with GTA 4 its a bit jarring to go to Detroit and find that all it is is a couple of corridors with buildings at either end.
    Also whoever thought that having a black woman rooting around in a bin and then greets you with the most horribly stereotypical OH LAWDY MASTUH! AH JUST BE ROOTIN DIS 'ERE TRAYUSH BIN FO' MAH DINNUH! PLEASE DOAN WHUP DIS' ERE BLACK GIRL! accent was perfectly fine accent needs firing.
    The gunplay feels weak too. Its like its supposed to be a stealth game first and foremost, and then you have the option of using guns if you fancy dying alot and reloading all the time.
    Unless it picks up soon ill be pretty disappointed tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Have to say, im not really feeling this so far. Im still in Detroit so its early days still, but so far, its just not grabbing me. Detroit itself doesnt feel like youre in a city, more like a coupel of corridors with people standing around. Not that i wanted open world, but after spending so much time recently with GTA 4 its a bit jarring to go to Detroit and find that all it is is a couple of corridors with buildings at either end.
    Also whoever thought that having a black woman rooting around in a bin and then greets you with the most horribly stereotypical OH LAWDY MASTUH! AH JUST BE ROOTIN DIS 'ERE TRAYUSH BIN FO' MAH DINNUH! PLEASE DOAN WHUP DIS' ERE BLACK GIRL! accent was perfectly fine accent needs firing.
    The gunplay feels weak too. Its like its supposed to be a stealth game first and foremost, and then you have the option of using guns if you fancy dying alot and reloading all the time.
    Unless it picks up soon ill be pretty disappointed tbh.

Don't diss the guns untill you have found a few upgrades, they make a huge differerence. It will take a little while to get a combat charachter build up to an effective level.

Basically at the beginning unloading a full combat rifle clip into a heavily armoured police officer will just make them angry, not dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Think I spotted a fella in a dublin jersey on in the credits :D
    great game, fantastic art, decent graphics, a compelling enough storyline.

The music is very nice as well. Slightly disappointed by lack-age of maybe a European hub but ah well. Otherwise some very slick locations.
    I agree with a lot of the previous posts regarding energy bars/boss battles etc. Interrupts the flow of the game imo, having to wait for your first bar to refill.

Also got quite sick of the focus on stealth, by the end I was just running around with the upgraded 10mm popping away.
    Loved all the references to the first Deus ex, developed the mythology subtly but effectively.
    A refreshing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Some of the **** in this game is so ****ing stupid. I was trying to complete a side mission in the police station. Walk into a room with 3 cops and i can go around stealing all thier credits/food, open up a vent and sneak into it in full view and noone gives a ****, but if i walk across soem laserbeams inside the vent the whole station goes mental. Run around standing on the cops desks, jumping on cops heads, nobody bats an eyelid. Stealth attack a few cops for a laugh, walk out through the front door and none of the cops care, yet as soon as i get outside they all open fire.
    This game just feels so ****ing dull. The only reason im trying to KO cops and jump around on their desks is to try and make some ****ing fun for myself. I honestly dont think ive ever played a game so highly rated that bored me so senseless.

I honestly dont think ive ever played a game so highly rated that bored me so senseless.

The running back & forth in Shanghai will leave you denented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Nope, I was in Shanghai strolling along when I thought "Shadowrun...........hmmm..............they really should remake that..... :pac: It nailed the atmosphere.

I ignored all of the perks like cloak, see through the wall, etc. I wanted a challenge since I consider that stuff unneccesary for a game like this. Good thing being that at least there never was a situation where you absolutely needed these perks.

It's not a scratch on the first game but it's a damn fine addition to the franchise. I'm glad it's gone down so well and has been built with the upmost intentions of sitting it nicely into the Deus Ex mythology, not trying to redefine it but instead add to it which I think it did wonderfully with some great touches.

More games are needed like this to piss all over the blandness of "serious" linear FPS games nowadays. I'm bored to death of them.
    Try for give me deus ex, pacifist and foxiest of hounds and you'll appreciate the invisible perk

I'm ****** off with this game now. I was trying to complete as much of it as I can but now that I can't complete the Cloak & Dagger side quest because of a glitch. I'm supposed to kill or knock out all the guards but one of them has spawned outside the game area. There is nothing I can do now to complete it.

It is the very same glitch documented here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It might sound obvious...but did you try loading the back up autosave? I'm going to assume that you don't, for some reason, have an appropriately placed save of your own.

Zillah wrote: »
    It might sound obvious...but did you try loading the back up autosave? I'm going to assume that you don't, for some reason, have an appropriately placed save of your own.

Had to load up an old save about two hours earlier in the game. Then I had to redo the mission about three times because the same thing kept happening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Details of the new DLC have been released; it's not a new city hub unfortunately, just sounds like a single sidequest & not particularly exciting. Hopefully it'll be like Fallout and the more substantial DLCs will be released later on:
    http://www.deusex.com/news/The-Missing-Link

I like the nod to Deus Ex 1 by having it set on a freighter - I speel my drink!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Details of the new DLC have been released; it's not a new city hub unfortunately, just sounds like a single sidequest & not particularly exciting. Hopefully it'll be like Fallout and the more substantial DLCs will be released later on:

In fairness it does sound substantial enough , when they talk about starting from scratch and having to build him back up.
    -New layers of conspiracy unveiled
    -Sprawling new environments
    -Brand-new characters to interact with
    -Rebuild Adam's augmentation set from scratch. Build up a brand new Adam!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hopefully it will be large enough, not sure I like the idea of having to reaug myself.

also when the hell did adam go missing for 3 days? i missed that ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

pixelburp wrote: »

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its set when he hid in a cyro-pod on a transport ship that took him to Singapore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aaaaaaaaaaaaah right

thats cool, i was wondering how he held his piss and **** for all that time in that little pod

aaaaaaaaaaaaah right

thats cool, i was wondering how he held his piss and **** for all that time in that little pod

I presumed he had entered some form of stasis and only reactivated when he reached his destination.

RE: clock and dagger. I'm guessing that's the MCB side mission, where you have to leave one alive? Did he spawn inside that room? What I did was shoot through the walls, aiming where I thought he would be, and he appeared half in and half out the wall, so I could kill him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The phishing emails that you find in a few hacked computers is a really nice touch. :D

RE: clock and dagger. I'm guessing that's the MCB side mission, where you have to leave one alive? Did he spawn inside that room? What I did was shoot through the walls, aiming where I thought he would be, and he appeared half in and half out the wall, so I could kill him.

It was but the guy was spawning 40m above the play area. I was randomly shooting into the air and I could see the marker on the map moving around. One time the marker moved 34m below ground level. Weird.

Had to load up an old save about two hours earlier in the game. Then I had to redo the mission about three times because the same thing kept happening.

Happened to me too, apparenty the root cause is if you have encountered them before getting the quest at all, as I had done that near the start of th game I had no intention of going back 5 hours or so.

I had to leave it until playthrough #2 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cleared it tonight. Really enjoyed it, but the boss fights were poor, especially as a stealth character. Was also annoying when they threw you into certain situations, and you have no ammo...like
    after getting shot down, a ton of enemies attack Mallick in the chopper, and you have to fight them off or run away. Try that with 2 stun rounds :(

Wasn't sure what choice to go with at the end.
    They all have their positive points, and none of them are exactly perfect. Went with the Sarif one in the end, even though i didn't really agree with it.
    Will take a look at the rest of them later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kiith wrote: »
    Cleared it tonight. Really enjoyed it, but the boss fights were poor, especially as a stealth character. Was also annoying when they threw you into certain situations, and you have no ammo...like
    after getting shot down, a ton of enemies attack Mallick in the chopper, and you have to fight them off or run away. Try that with 2 stun rounds :(

Wasn't sure what choice to go with at the end.
    They all have their positive points, and none of them are exactly perfect. Went with the Sarif one in the end, even though i didn't really agree with it.
    Will take a look at the rest of them later.
    I went with the option thats not with the 3 buttons infront of you first

Advertisement