Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

polish? the game looks great!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully they use this time to sort out game breaking bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I was really looking forward to buying this game early this year and all! Bah humbuggery doodle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

I am a huge fan of the 1st game, the 2nd I didn't really like as much.(But still good)

But I will defo be grabbing this when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got my first experience with Deus Ex on the PS2. Loved every minute of it. Solid game. Never player the first on up until about a year ago. Found the graphics hard to get used to but it really is a phenomenal game. Playing through the second game again was pretty fun, mostly because I had some fond memories of the first time I played through it. Looking back, it really doesn't have a patch on the first one.

Have Human Revolution on pre-order for Amazon. Getting the Augmented edition. Managed to pick it up while they had a place holder price of £31. Now it's gone up to £38 I think. But I think it's still great value at £38.
    Anyone else getting the Augmented edition? Some nice stuff in the package.
    This game cant come quick enough for me.

Deus-edition.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

looks good might get it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

RPS has a few new articles on Human Revolution which hints the game will indeed be promising. :)
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/deus-ex-human-revolution/

Beware, some spoilers of the first level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's also a new trailer, detailing the main character - one Adam Jensen:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/adam-jensen-deus-ex/710128

Have to say, the design still looks top-notch & original, but it's more than obvious they're trying to ape JC Denton's voice with that new guy.

I'll definately be getting this,loved the first game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A release has sprung up (albeit for Oz / New Zealand, so you can assume we'll get it earlier)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/08/deus-ex-human-revolution-release-date/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

just in time for my annual summer gaming session!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

August 26th european release date.I thought we'd be getting this in June or early July at the latest.Hope it doesn't clash with Arkham City from the latest previews I can't wait for Deus Ex.

The first proper gameplay video has come out, with a developer talking us through the different ways you can approach scenarios. Those takedown animations look annoying to be honest, hope you can skip / turn them off. The video uses the Xbox360 version:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Pretty underwhelming to be honest. Nothing about that video impresses me.

Yeah it's not exactly riveting stuff, but to be fair it is the first level of the game. The first level of Deus Ex 1 wasn't exactly exciting either!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Extremely "meh" from that footage.

I'm back playing Deus Ex 1 at the moment and, good grief, I forgot how great a game it is.

This 3rd person mullarkey completely pulls you out of the game for automated kills. I really hope that highlighted objects stuff is temporary to the 1st level or can be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah it's not exactly riveting stuff, but to be fair it is the first level of the game. The first level of Deus Ex 1 wasn't exactly exciting either!

Yeah but all of the gameplay mechanics that they are presented as amazing hardly ground breaking. Does not look like a next gen game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

It looks ok for an early level.
    I hope you can turn most of that HUD nonsense off, and WHERE IS THE COOL MUSIC, eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I can't be the only one who thought that video looked like complete shi.te?

Their idea of 'revoluationary' is funny; Red barrels that explode, regen health*, unncesary death animations, chest high walls for cover and highlighting* certain objects... Seriously? Count the gaming cliches there.
    Graphics also don't look too spectural. All in all, a massive 'meh'

I hope its early days yet but would certainly not be preordering from that footage.
    Will be some shame if this game turns out to be crap. :( I loved Deus Ex 1 and class it as my favourite game of all time.

* = could be augs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

gameplay is a rehash from hitman series. cut scenes look great, gameplay have me meh-ing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You better be able to turn off the glowing ****e! It makes the game look too easy! Those takedown animations look stupid aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

joe123 wrote: »
    You better be able to turn off the glowing ****e! It makes the game look too easy! Those takedown animations look stupid aswell :(

Completely agree on both points. Games where you press a button to do a cool animation as opposed to actually do something yourself is fail, gets old after the fifth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Yeah, looks a bit ropey to me. Very dated looking graphics and the gameplay doesn't look up to much either. They have a lot to live up to to match the original though in fairness. A HD remake might've been wiser than a sequel!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not liking the third person kills and stealth at all but at least they seem to have recognised the ability to complete the game using different techniques as a standout feature from the first game.

With regards the highlighted objects by the way, the original Deus Ex had them too, albeit only when the reticle was pointed at them. It also had plenty of objects in the game used for cover as well as regen health via an augmentation and exploding barrels dotted around the maps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I had completely forgotten about this coming out.

The first game was one of, if not the best, game I have ever played. I loved every minute of it.

That gameplay trailer looks ok. I agree that the highlighted stuff makes it a bit easy. It doesn't look like anything revolutionary, but if the game is anywhere near as immersive and story driven as the first one I think I'll be happy. What I loved about the first one was just enjoying the atmosphere. I thought the combat was shíte :P So I usually went with stealthy approaches.

I just really hope that this version has an deeply immersive atmosphere and story line like the original

Looks ok to me, except the way everything is highlighted. Hopefully that can be disabled.

Kinda reminded me metal gear solid in a way.............not a very impressive video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ok, from that video (and from the early gameplay videos) what's the difference from Deus Ex 1 when you take the graphical and physical features away?

Still the exact same multiple methods to completing a mission? Whoop-tee-doo.

I was really banking on this game but the gameplay videos showing the 3rd person perspective have really thrown me off. I know I can bother not to use these stealth kills or what not but they'll always be there, annoyingly.

The highlighted objects I can forgive as they may have been an enabled feature for the sake of showing the gameplay and can be turned off.

Still, we have to wait until August for the final product (which I'll still play) but impression's have been underwhelming so far.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The highlighting better be optional, I hate being handheld through a game like that, and that's not what Duex Ex is about. I'll reserve total judgement for now, but so far I'm fairly unimpressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I hate way people say wait for the final product. The game is done, finished and complete all they are doing and have been doing since January is bug watching an a spit of polish here and there. The dev interviews have all confirmed this, it's too late to change anything to the game beside adding patches to fix bugs.

I have never ever observed a game changing quality wise of gameplay wise between late gameplay vids and demos and the final product. Only level designs or map layouts change slightly.

This game so far looks to be like a remake of the first, gameplay wise except for the third person and press a button to do something cool mechanic. If you go back and play the first and then watch this, the only main difference are the graphics, OTT HUD. Even the animations and how still people look and move are all the same.

Still don't have the freedom of Liberty Island from the first level of the first game from the looks of things. But some DE1 levels felt alittle cramped here and there.

Personally I'd love the first game re-released in HD, but who has the rights? Ion Storm and Eidos (the old good Eidos) are both gone.

Advertisement