Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd say it has been mentioned earlier but this game could really do with a way quick travel between locations already discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

marco_polo wrote: »
    Happened to me too, apparenty the root cause is if you have encountered them before getting the quest at all, as I had done that near the start of th game I had no intention of going back 5 hours or so.

I had to leave it until playthrough #2 :(

Did you try taking out your disc, giving it a wipe and blowing into your console ! Used to work for me back in the day:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Just finished it. Brilliant game. I love a good story driven title. This has high production values, excellent script, acting, score, gameplay (though not perfect). It leaves you wanting more. Multiple ways of getting from A to B give you a sense of achievement.

This is up there with the best story/character titles. I'm just sad it's over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Kiith wrote: »
    Cleared it tonight. Really enjoyed it, but the boss fights were poor, especially as a stealth character. Was also annoying when they threw you into certain situations, and you have no ammo...like
    after getting shot down, a ton of enemies attack Mallick in the chopper, and you have to fight them off or run away. Try that with 2 stun rounds :(

Wasn't sure what choice to go with at the end.
    They all have their positive points, and none of them are exactly perfect. Went with the Sarif one in the end, even though i didn't really agree with it.
    Will take a look at the rest of them later.

Did you expect to breeze through it? Games are meant to be challenging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kiith wrote: »
    Cleared it tonight. Really enjoyed it, but the boss fights were poor, especially as a stealth character. Was also annoying when they threw you into certain situations, and you have no ammo...like
    after getting shot down, a ton of enemies attack Mallick in the chopper, and you have to fight them off or run away. Try that with 2 stun rounds :(

Wasn't sure what choice to go with at the end.
    They all have their positive points, and none of them are exactly perfect. Went with the Sarif one in the end, even though i didn't really agree with it.
    Will take a look at the rest of them later.

I was in a similiar situation as you on that part of the game. But after about 10 tries i beat it on the hardest difficulty. The enemys attention isnt on you at the start of this bit so your better off throwing stealth out the window and rush a few guys taking them out with hand to hand combat. Then pick up the weapons they drop and use them against them. OR, you could always do it again on your next playthrough loading up with heavy firepower if you really want the achi :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was in a similiar situation as you on that part of the game. But after about 10 tries i beat it on the hardest difficulty. The enemys attention isnt on you at the start of this bit so your better off throwing stealth out the window and rush a few guys taking them out with hand to hand combat. Then pick up the weapons they drop and use them against them. OR, you could always do it again on your next playthrough loading up with heavy firepower if you really want the achi :D

EMP and Gas nades are a life saver for that section on stealth especially for the
    mech the 2nd chopper drops off just when you think you have the situation under control

I did it your way for the achievement and reloaded and sneaked away leaving the situation to develop :(

There are consequences later though.
    If you save her she will drop of some support for you later one in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    EMP and Gas nades are a life saver for that section on stealth especially for the
    mech the 2nd chopper drops off just when you think you have the situation under control

I did it your way for the achievement and reloaded and sneaked away leaving the situation to develop :(

There are consequences later though.
    If you save her she will drop of some support for you later one in the game
    stun gun, tranq, emp grenades and gas grenades you can still save her without killing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I'd say it has been mentioned earlier but this game could really do with a way quick travel between locations already discovered.

Ughhh reading comments like this make me sad. Too many games are getting streamlined and made easier and even Human Revolution was guilty of being stripped back compared to the original.

Deus Ex does not need fast travel. Its a game about exploring and soaking in the atmosphere! Fast travelling would completely ruin that and something which they tried so hard create.

I read earlier too someone said they were bored by the game and wanted to just run and gun, but its not that sort of game and if it was it wouldnt be deus ex.

Too many games are the same ****ty MW3 type rubbish and when games try and do it different people complain that its not fast paced enough.

Deus ex is about the exploring, the reading emails and data books, finding secrets etc.

If anything for the next Deus ex I want them firstly to re-introuduce the skills for using weapons like the original. And bulk up the Augmentation levelling as it just seemed really thin/streamlined. Not enough RPG in this one for me.

AND MAKE THE GAME MUCH HARDER. On the hardest setting the game is a breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

joe123 wrote: »

Ughhh reading comments like this make me sad. Too many games are getting streamlined and made easier and even Human Revolution was guilty of being stripped back compared to the original.

Deus Ex does not need fast travel. Its a game about exploring and soaking in the atmosphere! Fast travelling would completely ruin that and something which they tried so hard create.

I read earlier too someone said they were bored by the game and wanted to just run and gun, but its not that sort of game and if it was it wouldnt be deus ex.

Too many games are the same ****ty MW3 type rubbish and when games try and do it different people complain that its not fast paced enough.

Deus ex is about the exploring, the reading emails and data books, finding secrets etc.

If anything for the next Deus ex I want them firstly to re-introuduce the skills for using weapons like the original. And bulk up the Augmentation levelling as it just seemed really thin/streamlined. Not enough RPG in this one for me.

100% agree with this point, Deus Ex is a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

joe123 wrote: »

Having a fast travel system would not make the game worse. When you have already walked around every part of the hub area and simply need to go from one area to the furthest point away it can be tedious. Fast traveling between already explored areas wouldn't break the game at all in my opinion.

• Advertisement

stun gun, tranq, emp grenades and gas grenades you can still save her without killing

Oh I did it with no kills!!!!!! I was more concerned about my lack of stealth doing it, and risking "Foxiest of the Hounds" couldn't find any definite proof that that section counted towards that or not even though it's hostile and red off the bat, so decided to reload and leave her rather than risk locking myself out of that one

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh I did it with no kills!!!!!! I was more concerned about my lack of stealth doing it, and risking "Foxiest of the Hounds" couldn't find any definite proof that that section counted towards that or not even though it's hostile and red off the bat, so decided to reload and leave her rather than risk locking myself out of that one
    ah ok, nearly 1000 pointed it yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just did the side mission
    "Smash the State" where you have to track down the bomber Jacob White in Detroit. I took him out easily enough but then discovered his level 4 secured bomb just around the corner. During the conversation with the cop who gave me the mission AJ commented a few times that White wasn't the sharpest tool in the box. So instead of hacking I tried the combination 0000 and it worked.
    :D

ah ok, nearly 1000 pointed it yet?

We'll see, can't game weekends since the xbox at my folks place rrod on me.
    Taking me ages to get through it , I really think this is a game I really shouldn't bother going out of my way to look in corners etc because there is very little real reward in terms of items etc. but looking everywhere has made stealth easier. I'm in the island place for the 2nd time, and I;ve been playing a lot :eek:

One part I had major problems stealthing was in the tower place ,
    when you come up that lift that takes ages to arrive and you exit to an area with a camera and lasers . Then two or 3 guards come down the hall, I basically waited till they came through the lasers knocking them off for a sec and cloaked and bolted down the long hall towards you, every time I either tried to knock them out or hack the lasers the camera caught me.
    so again went with this option rather than risk foxy

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Not one for achievement whoring but I did it for this game. I have everything but the achievement for reading all the Darrow E-pads. The foxist of hounds, applies to not setting off alarms in any of the main missions. Side quests don't count. Soliders can go into an alarmed state but that doesn't count unless they find you can go hostile. Area's in the game where the story triggers alarms don't count against it either.

Azza wrote: »
    Not one for achievement whoring but I did it for this game. I have everything but the achievement for reading all the Darrow E-pads. The foxist of hounds, applies to not setting off alarms in any of the main missions. Side quests don't count. Soliders can go into an alarmed state but that doesn't count unless they find you can go hostile. Area's in the game where the story triggers alarms don't count against it either.
    hostile doesn't matter it's if they run and set off the alarm

Damn it!!!!! How many hours an restarts have I wasted by being over cautious :eek:

Edit: Oh well if I get the achievement I'll have earned it twice over thats for sure :D

I thought i told you that on TA?? oops my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

DLC has been announced. Seems to be based on the three days Jensen went into the freezing pod thing.

http://www.deusex.com/news/The-Missing-Link

Im confused though. I took it he just stayed in there for the three days?

By the way at the end of the police department mission I got awarded Ghost but should I have been awarded smooth operator aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I just gave you 7,000 credits, Tish. Stop rooting for f**king beer and hot dogs in the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmmm

I think the last level was bugged for me
    none of the crazies would hurt me? they run at me and then stop and growl at me. But none attacked me

made the last level disapointingly easy. Will do a full write up when I feel like it.

short for the moment.

It was fun but it falls short of the original Deus Ex on plot and level design. but the mechanics are very good. The days of a rpg/fps of the likes of system shock 2 and deus ex are sadly gone and while bioshock and deus ex 3 will never match them for depth and choice at least I can enjoy a game thats been streamlined for playability.

The biggest factor for a deus ex game that pushed the original over the bar for me that neither sequel did is for me to actually stumble my way through certain sections without intent
    I still fondly remember discovering maggie chow was a villain by accidently finding the majestic soldiers when I was looking through her underwear drawers for loot.
    and sadly deus ex 3 didnt allow me to break the game on the same level
    I had raided certain apartments in detroit for goodies and then got sent back again for side missions only to find targets etc were spawned in for the mission. Unlike the original where you could resolve a side mission before even starting it.

edit: one quick thought
    No one else disapointed that the game had certain elements that were very close to the original deus ex. Going to an asian hub after the initial US one being one. But it didnt do the traditional betrayel arc that both prior deus ex games did forcing you out of your comfort. The big multicorp never betrayed you in this game like Unatco did in 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Healium wrote: »
    I just gave you 7,000 credits, Tish. Stop rooting for f**king beer and hot dogs in the bin.

a valid point

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Giver her 4 beers. You get a nice reward for it. You can find 3 beers at least in trash cans in the Detroit Hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have to say this game has me completely hooked. Been pacing it out this week and literally just about to fight the 2nd boss. Definitely one of the best games I've played in years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you try taking out your disc, giving it a wipe and blowing into your console ! Used to work for me back in the day:p

I would but its a D2D digital download so I'd have to strip the HHD down in a clean room and then figure out which platter it was on. :pac:

I'll just have to get it second time round on my 'foxiest of the foxiest' runthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

In two minds about buying this, especially as F1 is out soon and I don't get paid for another 4 weeks...

From reading this thread, minus the spoilers of course, I've got an idea of the game being like a cross between Hitman, MGS, Fallout and a few others. I must say that the videos I've seen look stellar, there appears to be great replay value and the game has a great vibe about it, but again... will probably wait until the price drops before picking it up

aaronh007 wrote: »
    In two minds about buying this, especially as F1 is out soon and I don't get paid for another 4 weeks...

From reading this thread, minus the spoilers of course, I've got an idea of the game being like a cross between Hitman, MGS, Fallout and a few others. I must say that the videos I've seen look stellar, there appears to be great replay value and the game has a great vibe about it, but again... will probably wait until the price drops before picking it up
    Unless you're an achievement/trophy hunter theres no real replay value tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Unless you're an achievement/trophy hunter theres no real replay value tbh

Nay... never arsed to hunt down trophies unless they're worthwhile, fun or easy. Was a major grind to get my one and only plat so far (PES) so won't be doing that anytime soon.... There goes that idea then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Got this game today, played until 4am. There's your review. For some reason, this feels like what Epic's Samaritan demo would be like as a game.
    Azza wrote: »
    Giver her 4 beers. You get a nice reward for it. You can find 3 beers at least in trash cans in the Detroit Hub.

Challenge accepted. I think I actually have 4, but I thought you could just feed her them endlessly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just after finishing off the main quests in shanghai. Going to see if there are a few more side quests around as i only did 2.

Really enjoying the game and mini hacking game. I haven't triggered any alarm or hostile yet and only killed the 1 boss.

I love backtracking when i find a vent etc just to see what I could of done :)

Advertisement