Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

I'm not interested in achievements whatsoever, so it's unlikely that I'll be playing it a second time. Looks like I'll be trading it in to get Dead Island on Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone know where I can get the keypad number for
    The Hive's security systems? I'm on the quest to solve the mystery of the murder of your pilot's friend. I've cornered the guilty, and been asked to turn off the security systems by ms. pilot. However it's level 3 and have no Stop / Nuke virii to make it more hackable in time. I'm wondering if a bouncer might have it on them, or it might be on a data-stick somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i can tell you what the code is if you want.. found it on google

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was sneaking around The Hive's nightclub last night and all of a sudden all the security guards turned hostile. It was kind of funny really. I was strolling towards the exit and then two seconds later I was cut down before I could even take out my gun.

Had to reload a few times to get out of the club in one piece. I guess someone must have stumbled across a dead security guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

joe123 wrote: »
    DLC has been announced. Seems to be based on the three days Jensen went into the freezing pod thing.

http://www.deusex.com/news/The-Missing-Link

Im confused though. I took it he just stayed in there for the three days?

By the way at the end of the police department mission I got awarded Ghost but should I have been awarded smooth operator aswell?

Can anyone answer the above? It just got ignored by everyone :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone any idea how much game/gamestop will give for a trade in?I can't seem to get stuck into it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Can anyone answer the above? It just got ignored by everyone :(

Yeah you should have got smooth operator since ghost means that nobody saw you, and for someone to turn on an alarm they need to spot you, no idea.

As for the DLC: Yeah i figured he stayed in the cryostasis pod for the 3 days then woke up and gave Pritchard a bell. But apparently he woke up did some sneaking about on the boat then went back to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone any idea how much game/gamestop will give for a trade in?I can't seem to get stuck into it :(

Think i saw the trade in value was 25 - 28. Something like that. Late twenties anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yeah you should have got smooth operator since ghost means that nobody saw you, and for someone to turn on an alarm they need to spot you, no idea.

As for the DLC: Yeah i figured he stayed in the cryostasis pod for the 3 days then woke up and gave Pritchard a bell. But apparently he woke up did some sneaking about on the boat then went back to bed
    a camera or turret turning hostile is an alarm too

trade was 28e(35 off a future release) as of wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody know how effective a typhoon upgraded to max level is against bosses? Just about to meet the 2nd boss and want to get rid of her quickly.

2 shots will kill her, so stun and use twice straight off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finished this last week (was kinda miffed I didn't get the pacifist cheevo btw, didn't kill anyone but figure someone inadvertently died from something at some point) but anyways, am I the only one who was bored before they even reached the third boss? I'm the kinda RPGer who has to visit every single area even if it has nothing to offer me so maybe that has something to do with it, but for me it turned into doing the same thing over and over and over,

The hacking game was good I admit but only until you had upgraded your augs which made it a simple case of going through the motions each time with virtually zero chance of losing and not much of a consequence anyway, particularly if you had already hacked the security stations or disabled the guards in the area etc.

Every area/mission was the same, get from A to B, either by running and gunning straight there or by sneaking via point C, (or sometimes once you had invisibility you could just leg through large areas with no conequence except for the odd guard wondering what the noises in his head for) and finally chat to and sometimes kill someone. And on the subject of guards, they didn't give a shyte that their buddy who had walked the same 10 yard line for hours was there one minute then suddenly gone the next.

The story was decent but far from great and not near enough to save it for me at least. When I enjoyed the first half of the game I thought it was class but once it wore it off it was a struggle to even turn it on and finish it.

There is the chance that maybe I haven't enjoyed it half as much as some other people because I never played the first, but surely if it was that good then it wouldn't need the nostalgic glow of its predecessor to make it seem great, just look at how that worked for Duke. For me it is another LA Noire, when it was good it was brilliant, but only until you realised just how little variety there was going to be. But that's just my two cents.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Finished this last week (was kinda miffed I didn't get the pacifist cheevo btw, didn't kill anyone but figure someone inadvertently died from something at some point) but anyways, am I the only one who was bored before they even reached the third boss? I'm the kinda RPGer who has to visit every single area even if it has nothing to offer me so maybe that has something to do with it, but for me it turned into doing the same thing over and over and over,

The hacking game was good I admit but only until you had upgraded your augs which made it a simple case of going through the motions each time with virtually zero chance of losing and not much of a consequence anyway, particularly if you had already hacked the security stations or disabled the guards in the area etc.

Every area/mission was the same, get from A to B, either by running and gunning straight there or by sneaking via point C, (or sometimes once you had invisibility you could just leg through large areas with no conequence except for the odd guard wondering what the noises in his head for) and finally chat to and sometimes kill someone. And on the subject of guards, they didn't give a shyte that their buddy who had walked the same 10 yard line for hours was there one minute then suddenly gone the next.

The story was decent but far from great and not near enough to save it for me at least. When I enjoyed the first half of the game I thought it was class but once it wore it off it was a struggle to even turn it on and finish it.

There is the chance that maybe I haven't enjoyed it half as much as some other people because I never played the first, but surely if it was that good then it wouldn't need the nostalgic glow of its predecessor to make it seem great, just look at how that worked for Duke. For me it is another LA Noire, when it was good it was brilliant, but only until you realised just how little variety there was going to be. But that's just my two cents.
    noted glitch with trnq gun with a certain character that kills instead of knocks out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

noted glitch with trnq gun with a certain character that kills instead of knocks out

Ah that mighta been it so cheers buddy, was kinda thinking it was somebody who died by inadvertently getting pushed over a catwalk or something by the PEPS without me noticing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

same thing happened to me, and i just can't bring myself to play through the game again so screw it

do it on the easiest setting, you blow through it in about 6-8 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

do it on the easiest setting, you blow through it in about 6-8 hours

Do augs carry over as in a new game +1?

calex71 wrote: »
    Do augs carry over as in a new game +1?
    nope but once you know what ones are useful whats not and where hidden praxis kits are you really don't need them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody know how effective a typhoon upgraded to max level is against bosses? Just about to meet the 2nd boss and want to get rid of her quickly.

Electricity armour upgrade is invaluable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just back from holidays, gonna order this off Gamesnash tonight. Not gonna look back over the last few pages but whats the verdict after this has been out a week?

Good game, no replay value, rent for a week instead of buying if you can

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Very good overall. Has replay value in my opinion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Good game, no replay value, rent for a week instead of buying if you can

Ah I think there is definate replay value there, although it is possible to get practically all the really useful augments on a single very thorough playthough alright does detract slightly from it I suppose.

I got 30 hours out very enjoyable gameplay out of my first playthrough and even if I never played it again (which I definately will) I would still feel I have got my moneys worth.

If this is only worthy of a rental, then I have to ask what games qualify as worth buying?

marco_polo wrote: »
    Ah I think there is definate replay value there, although it is possible to get practically all the really useful augments on a single very thorough playthough alright does detract slightly from it I suppose.

I got 30 hours out very enjoyable gameplay out of my first playthrough and even if I never played it again (which I definately will) I would still feel I have got my moneys worth.

If this is only worthy of a rental, then I have to ask what games qualify as worth buying?
    I did everything on my first play through, left me with nothing to discover on the second. Games worth buying to me are games that I'll play for 50+ hours eg Battlefield, saints row 3.

I did everything on my first play through, left me with nothing to discover on the second. Games worth buying to me are games that I'll play for 50+ hours eg Battlefield, saints row 3.

Fair enough, although I think that probably disqualifies almost every game that isn't a open world sandbox or has a substantial multiplayer component. I still think that a decent length single player game is worth a purchase, but each to their own and all that :p

marco_polo wrote: »
    Fair enough, although I think that probably disqualifies almost every game that isn't a open world sandbox or has a substantial multiplayer component. I still think that a decent length single player game is worth a purchase, but each to their own and all that :p
    decent length, lost odyssy, eternal sonata. I'm an rpg fan, this is too short to be an rpg and there's no game plus. It's hardest difficulty is simples

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Deus Ex does not need fast travel. Its a game about exploring and soaking in the atmosphere! Fast travelling would completely ruin that and something which they tried so hard create.

[...]

Too many games are the same ****ty MW3 type rubbish and when games try and do it different people complain that its not fast paced enough.
    Since when does Call of Duty have fast travel? While I agree that the game definitely does not need fast travel this idea that everything wrong with games is Call of Duty I keep seeing is completely idiotic. If you were complaining about the regenerating health for instance bringing up that series would make sense (even though the health regen in this game is much slower and can not be abused nearly as much as in Call of Duty) but please try to use examples that are actually relevant to what you're talking about. You just come across as one of those anti-Activision bandwagoners who throw in a dig at Call of Duty because you can't articulate your actual complaint properly.

Unless you're an achievement/trophy hunter theres no real replay value tbh
    Seriously? This is a game where you can play it like Splinter Cell, Quake or Rainbow Six Vegas and you can't find replay value? Just choose different augmentations and strategies and you have a much different experience.

There's plenty of ways to set off an alarm without being seen, like walking through a laser grid or leaving an body in view of a camera or shooting and someone hearing it.

I'm starting over again. Trying to get ghost and smooth operator for every mission and also get the pacifist achievement. I might make a simultaneous game where I just shoot everyone with the revolver too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

decent length, lost odyssy, eternal sonata. I'm an rpg fan, this is too short to be an rpg and there's no game plus. It's hardest difficulty is simples

Its not an rpg. Its action adventure game with minor RPG elements.
    The orginal Deus Ex was closer to an RPG as it had a skills tree you could level up as well as augmentations. It was still an action adventure game though.

Its bit like the Mass Effect series. The second game had some of its RPG elements removed. Suppose you could call these type of games RPG light.

As for replay value I have already gone through it twice. The first was stealth with a fall back to shooting if I flunked the stealth. The second was pure stealth, was going for achievements. I'll probably play through it again with a pure action approach some time in the future.

I've got about 40+ hours out of it on my 2 play throughs. Even if I did only 1 play through I would of though it value for money.

As a fan of the series I enjoyed digging up the references to the orginal game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can't believe how easy the second boss was! Stun gun, 1 x typhoon fully levelled and 5 heavy rifle rounds :D was so hyped about it but literally had her beat in less than 30 seconds

Advertisement