Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Probably been posted already but I came across this:
    291599BFD5991879EEBF94B5340BA505F25E1030

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just ordered it, hope to be playing it during the week! Now, off to read the Human Revolution comics!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i like how you found the obscure one later in the game. But missed the giant sized one in the office of the net security guy in the first hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some help with the 3rd boss on Give me deus ex please :(

Alls I gots is a modded revolver, im auged up ot the max pretty much , but I'm running out of bullets even after using the ammo and guns in the arena. Surviving isn't the problem, it's putting the bastard down is my problem :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

3rd boss

if it's the guy I think it is.. the dude without any skin. before you get into the elevator that takes you down to him.. walk back the way you came a little bit. hack the turret there to shoot at enemies, and carry it with you. carry it out of the elevator and the cut scene will start

then all you hvae to do is camp out in the area the turret is pointing in, when he shows up emp/concussive grenade him and let the turret just kill him

• Advertisement

3rd boss

if it's the guy I think it is.. the dude without any skin. before you get into the elevator that takes you down to him.. walk back the way you came a little bit. hack the turret there to shoot at enemies, and carry it with you. carry it out of the elevator and the cut scene will start

then all you hvae to do is camp out in the area the turret is pointing in, when he shows up emp/concussive grenade him and let the turret just kill him

I thought of this !!!!!!!!!! :D

But getting back is proving difficult so I'm going to go back to an earlier save, tell me can i mod the turret in the tunnel for hostile to enemies at the pooter there? Or do i need to set it from where i take it ?

you need to set it from where you take it, that computer is the only one that controls that turret

you need to set it from where you take it, that computer is the only one that controls that turret

Hmmmmmm this is going to be tricky for going for no kills achievement.

iirc there are only 3 soldiers patrolling around the turret

i went back and got it after i'd taken care of everyone there

It seems that if you're not interested in achievements, then there's little reason to replay it. I've played both Mass Effects through twice, just to see how my decisions in 1 affects 2. When the third comes out I'll do the exact same.

That's where replay value is for me, not achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

calex71 wrote: »
    Some help with the 3rd boss on Give me deus ex please :(

I had a grenade launcher which I had never used until I came to him. I just unloaded a few rounds on him and had him beaten within 10 seconds :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm this is going to be tricky for going for no kills achievement.
    if you have any grenades launch them, typhoon works wonders, all the moving statues have ammo and weapons in them.

If you don't have typhoon, run around the outside of the area looking around the walls from cover and you'll be able to see his shadow to lean and shoot at

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just start again and horde all the explosives this time :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

It seems that if you're not interested in achievements, then there's little reason to replay it. I've played both Mass Effects through twice, just to see how my decisions in 1 affects 2. When the third comes out I'll do the exact same.

That's where replay value is for me, not achievements.

It has a similar level off replay that ME has. There is no sequel yet so you can't compare the fact that decisions in ME 1 affected ME 2.

Mass Effect games didn't really have much stealth in them. I think the difference in play styles is more pronounced in DX:HR than in the different classes you can choose in ME.

well I hadn't bothered with the typhoon as I was going stealth, threw 3 praxis points into it and down he went with an emp and 2 typhoons :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did anyone else thing the design of the office desks of the upper floor of TYM looked really nice? I'd love a desk that looked like that :D

I'm still really enjoying this game. Have adapted a couple of guns (pistol and SMG) to be much more useful (laser sights, silencers, increased ammo, quick reload, tracking on the smg and AP rounds on the pistol). All game in very handy in
    escaping TYM after talking with Zhao Yun Ru.
    I mostly try and explore as many options as possible, and am doing quite a lot of hacking (have a nice cache of Nukes and Stops built up too for emergencies).

I left it last night stuck in an air vent in Montreal wondering how many of the soldiers I was looking at that I'd have to kill vs knock out (I really like that "Merciful Soul" 20XP bonus).

one thing im wondering is how much harder the game might actually be if you went around killing people all the time, you get so much XP for being stealthy and not killing compared to just shooting lads.. surely you'd end up with less praxis overall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You do get XP for each kill though, so i'd say that'd add up quite a bit after a while. There are a lot of enemies to kill (or not). Going to start my violent playthrough this weekend. Gonna be hall to pay :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, at 10XP per "man down" it's not the same as 50 overall for a non-lethal take-down, but if you take your time and make the kills head-shots and you'll score the "marksman" for another 10XP. I cannot overstate how much a pistol with a laser and AP mod is the best tool for this - the silencer will be a really serious bonus too.

Non-lethal take-downs are probably one of the most XP friendly means of combat though - might be worth investing in the double take-down aug to expand on that (I've seen plenty of opportunities that have made me wish I had it and so I just got it after earning another Praxis when I finished China).

I'd also say there's a lot to be gained from selectively allowing some security bots out so you can get the 250XP for "hunk of junk" by hitting them with an EMP grenade (assuming you've got one or two to spare).

there was one particular bit of the game I don't think i'd have been able to do properly without the double takedown aug

it involves
    malik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

one thing im wondering is how much harder the game might actually be if you went around killing people all the time, you get so much XP for being stealthy and not killing compared to just shooting lads.. surely you'd end up with less praxis overall

I'm doing a lethal playthrough since I started it. Plenty of enemies to kill so plenty of XP. Things like the scholar, pathfinder and traveller bonuses add things up nicely. And there's always Praxis kits.
    Shiminay wrote:
    Did anyone else thing the design of the office desks of the upper floor of TYM looked really nice? I'd love a desk that looked like that

Loved the upper floors of TYM. Great soundtrack and the place looked really slick with the sunlight coming through. Was definitely a nice change after fighting through the lower floors! :D

a basic kill gets you 20 points.

a kill with headshot gets you 40 (which is really easy with handgun)

If you dont kill there is an extra 30??? for merciful takedown

a stealthy takedown bags you around 60 points alltogether I think. Thats taking someone down with tranq/non leathel takedown without them seeing you.

Damn bugs cost me the pacifist achievement :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

snigger snigger :-p going to run through it again?

I actually went back to the original deus ex and am playing through that now.

I have invisible war as well, but i'm not as eager to go back to it. Besides it doesnt seem to work on my comp very well. Wont go full screen...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do you get xp for avoiding enemies all together? Most of my time was spent completely avoiding enemies, so no takedowns of any kind when possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

yeah if they don't spot you i think you get "Ghost" at the end of the mission, around 250 xp or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Man, that megan... What a bitch.

There's the big xp bonus you get for not being spotted or anything. I dont know if there is anything on top of that for not killing anyone...

• Advertisement

snigger snigger :-p going to run through it again?

Na I don't have the heart to go through it again , off for store credit to be used maybe for dead island later in the week

Advertisement