Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished the 1st mission,
    saved the hostages, save the woman and let the terrorist go although I had to reload a save as I got the typhoon before the hostages and looked like I was too late to go get em.
    and am loving this game. I'm not a huge fan of stealth but I only performed 2 or 3 takedowns and snuck past the rest of the guards, so rewarding. Back in Sarif HQ and about to head out into the streets. Brilliant game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

sheehy83 wrote: »
    saved the hostages, save the woman and let the terrorist go although I had to reload a save as I got the typhoon before the hostages and looked like I was too late to go get em.
    and am loving this game. I'm not a huge fan of stealth but I only performed 2 or 3 takedowns and snuck past the rest of the guards, so rewarding. Back in Sarif HQ and about to head out into the streets. Brilliant game!
    you get 25 % weapon discount from one of the spoilered people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You can also
    stun the terrorist too.
    If you're not quick enough, he'll
    kill the female hostage.
    (Mind you, I wasn't quick enough to
    save all the hostages
    like you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

That really annoyed me in this game
    the fact that every side mission had to have an obvious start and end point with maybe a choice at the end. They placed the character who gives you the side mission in a place you can't miss them either (Megan's mother, Tim, the pussy cop). In the original you could stumble upon a datapad with some juicy details (like the neuropozyne being stolen by Tim) and continue and find more clues if you wanted without waypoints and a step by step list of what I have to do. You actually had to use your brain and figure out what was happening and where it was happening and what to do about it.

The first inkling I got that something was up was in one of the vents there's a few open versalife boxes of neuropozyne. After that I spent ages hacking computers and doors to get into offices to find out what was going on, I thought I'd be able to go to Sarif and just mention in passing that I had single-handedly foiled some major drug traffickers who were stealing from him and improve standing with him or maybe find Tim and blackmail him or ignore it if I wanted.

But NO! Tim f'cking shows up in my office "oh Adam, I have to talk to you, blah blah blah".

F*CK OFF TIM! I ALREADY SPENT THE LAST HOUR HACKING COMPUTERS AND CLIMBING THROUGH VENTS, I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. F*CK YOU TIM, F*CK YOU!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Opinicus wrote: »
    That really annoyed me in this game
    the fact that every side mission had to have an obvious start and end point with maybe a choice at the end. They placed the character who gives you the side mission in a place you can't miss them either (Megan's mother, Tim, the pussy cop). In the original you could stumble upon a datapad with some juicy details (like the neuropozyne being stolen by Tim) and continue and find more clues if you wanted without waypoints and a step by step list of what I have to do. You actually had to use your brain and figure out what was happening and where it was happening and what to do about it.

The first inkling I got that something was up was in one of the vents there's a few open versalife boxes of neuropozyne. After that I spent ages hacking computers and doors to get into offices to find out what was going on, I thought I'd be able to go to Sarif and just mention in passing that I had single-handedly foiled some major drug traffickers who were stealing from him and improve standing with him or maybe find Tim and blackmail him or ignore it if I wanted.

But NO! Tim f'cking shows up in my office "oh Adam, I have to talk to you, blah blah blah".

F*CK OFF TIM! I ALREADY SPENT THE LAST HOUR HACKING COMPUTERS AND CLIMBING THROUGH VENTS, I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. F*CK YOU TIM, F*CK YOU!
    :mad:

Agreed !

Would of loved to see some more not so linear and obvious side quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I got the Explosive Pack DLC and saw it's only 105k download. Mission must be tiny.

The DLC mission is insultingly short. You'll be done in 5 minutes or less. And if you're not paying attention, you may not even realise that you've done it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Sisko wrote: »
    Anyone find a way to turn off the hud completely? I downloaded a mod but it doesn't work.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245

oh wait, you dl'd a mod..missed that

was it that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Two things I've noticed in the game:
    -When some NPCs are talking to each other sometimes they're hand gestures sync up and when the stop talking they keep gesturing so it looks like they're doing some sort of sign language to each other, kinda weird.
    -The laser mod doesn't actually put a laser point on the NPCs, or at least it doesn't when zoomed in on the Longsword sniper rifle..?

My God how good is this game! Just out of the police station, exploring taking care of side quests. Just brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

It would make a good Bladerunner type film that's for sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ríomhaire wrote: »
    What about Megan? She was working willingly for the Illuminati and at the end she goes willingly to Bob Page to make the Grey Death and probably used Adams DNA to clone JC.

oh that's true I suppose.

Not as good or as tense as Deus Ex 1 though, but a
    betrayal nonetheless
    My God how good is this game! Just out of the police station, exploring taking care of side quests. Just brilliant!

Where did you win that copy???? :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Mr Freeze wrote:
    oh that's true I suppose.
    Speaking to fans of the orginal, alot of them expected a betrayal story arch and it never came. But since everyone expected it I think it was a wise thing not to have it. Any such twist would not have the impact the orginal did. I was expecting Sarif to betray me the whole way through, the fact that he didn't was the suprise.

The mole plotline for example was done in every season of 24. Don't want Deus Ex to become that predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Azza wrote: »
    The mole plotline for example was done in every season of 24. Don't want Deus Ex to become that predictable.

Agreed....

People must be sick of all these spoiler tags at this stage.
    Tough :P

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Where did you win that copy???? :P

What are you on about I've never won a game in my life! :pac:

I actually traded 3 games for this (one of which was Infamous 2) and so glad I did!

I havn't killed anyone yet, havn't even fired a shot except for the opening of the game during the 1st attack. I'm getting some nice weapons and was fully sure I would be mixing stealth and action but can't bare to take a shot. I either sneak around guards or non-lethal ko. Felt really bad even ko'ing a cop in their station. Since I killed people at the start of the game, does that mean I won't get pacifist trophy?

yeah, the intro counts towards the pacifist achievement

and thre's even a bugged quest where if you use the tranq gun it counts as kills, so you don't get it then either. it's one of the quests in the first area.. forget which one

Ah there's no chance of the platinum trophy anyway. Just found the bracelt only after talking to a certain woman so a certain trophy was lost. Way too many hidden trophies. I guess I'm gonna have to shoot someone sooner or later anyway but enjoying the stealth and finding hidden stashes of weapons!

the stealth is more fun anyway :) save the running and gunning for a later playthrough

although for the love of god keep 1 lethal weapon in your inventory and upgrade it well, those boss fights are a ****

Oh ya, I was supposed to get a grenade launcher with the explosive pack but didn't come across it yet. I found the auto hacking tool and remote min in my apartment but dunno if thats because of the dlc or not.

Oh ya, I was supposed to get a grenade launcher with the explosive pack but didn't come across it yet. I found the auto hacking tool and remote min in my apartment but dunno if thats because of the dlc or not.

You will get the grenade launcher in a later mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245

oh wait, you dl'd a mod..missed that

was it that one?

T'was yeah, cheers though.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It would make a good Bladerunner type film that's for sure :D

Check out the Ghost in the Shell movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So I just finished this today (took my time going through it) and I cannot state how happy I am with it. I absolutely loved it. It's not perfect, but for story and atmosphere it hit the nail on the head.
    And as a huge fan of the original I think they did it tremendous justice. I wasn't expecting so many references
    NSF,Versalife
    there's more but I can't remember at the minute. They really added to the canon of the series.

My main gripe was that the boss battles were way too easy once I found out how effective the Typhoon is. I mean I kinda wish I hadn't known... Because as someone said in this thread earlier it's an automatic win button. Other than that nothing too big bothered me really. It was amazing, but not the original.

I thought the choices at the ending were extremely well done. I was really thinknig about the whole situation as if it was real. I know they wanted to kinda make people think about the moral/ethical issues surrounding augmentation and they definitely achieved that with me.

In the end I went for
    Darrow's ending, because I wanted to give the truth after the whole ordeal.

And the
    video after the credits was brilliant. Had goosebumps when the original DX theme kicked it. F*cking excellent.

Overall, loved it to bits and fair play to Eidos for putting so much effort in. They really treated it as if the original had been their own. Muchos respect

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will more than likely trade this in tomorrow :'( just can't get into it at all :'(

Will more than likely trade this in tomorrow :'( just can't get into it at all :'(

How far into it you get? I'm just passed the 1st boss and completely addicted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How far into it you get? I'm just passed the 1st boss and completely addicted.

I'm in the city after the 1st boss

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

yeah, the intro counts towards the pacifist achievement

and thre's even a bugged quest where if you use the tranq gun it counts as kills, so you don't get it then either. it's one of the quests in the first area.. forget which one

Yes I got this bug too, its the cloak&dagger quest but if you use takedown instead its ok.
    Completed it a few days ago, got pacifist but not foxiest of hounds.
    Overall I thought this was good but, I felt that there was
    Too many praxis points available, By the second half of the game I had got all the useful augs.
    Only 1 cell charge and takedowns should not drain cell.
    The ending delivery was bad, just press another button for a different ending.
    Graphics - npc model were bad

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Did anything come of that exploration in Detroit when
    you climb the ladder behind the opera advertisement, hack the level 4/5 door, then find the sniper rifle and assassination instructions on the gas station? Thought it might have something to do with the Taggart speech

The funniest parts in the game for me were when you were given the option to bribe an NPC, so I would always pay, then knock them out and get my money back, GTA style:pac:

Really enjoyed the references to Majestic 12 and the Gray Death
    by the "prophet" in Detroit part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

@sheehy83 Pro tip, don't even think about trophies on your first playthrough. Dilutes the experience and prevents you from playing as though you actually would and instead you end up playing how you should for trophies... which usually suck.

I dunno about you but, never killing anyone? Screw that! I'm not a mass-murderer in games but I have a short temper with NPCs and will prompty end anyone who gets beyond a slight annoyance to me. Of course, context is important. So yeah, play exactly as you would like to. F**k trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Story wise the game was good, i liked the stealth , if they vary the hacking a bit more it would be good, but to be honest by the final misson i just wanted to blow through it and see the ending ,

did anyone on the last misson keep hacking the turrets and turning them on enemies just to get through it quicker ?:D

• Advertisement

Ya man, just enjoyin it the way i'm playing it and thats all that counts. I can't believe I havn't even stuck my elbow blades into anyone and I was mad to do that before I even got the game..... Thats it, tonight some poor fooker is getting a head full of spike!

Advertisement