Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I ****ing love hacking into the robots and getting them to go after the enemies.

Man Down - 10 xp
    Man Down - 10 xp
    Man Down - 10 xp
    Man Down - 10 xp
    Man Down - 10 xp
    Man Down - 10 xp
    Man Down - 10 xp

And so on.

Even better when you get to watch it through a security camera.

Also isn't Adam very artistic with the whole murder thing. I accidentally killed two guards earlier when I only meant to knock them out. He grabs the first guy and punches him about for a bit then slams him against the other guy and skewers them both like some kind of security guard kebab.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah there's no chance of the platinum trophy anyway.

Just got it there myself :) Not nearly as hard as you might think either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just got it there myself :) Not nearly as hard as you might think either.

Agreed, and possible in only one play if you are smart with saves, and dodge the Cloak and Dagger bug for the pacifist one, which I got screwed over on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    Agreed, and possible in only one play if you are smart with saves, and dodge the Cloak and Dagger bug for the pacifist one, which I got screwed over on :(
    should of done what i did and speed run in it about 6 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

should of done what i did and speed run in it about 6 hours

I speed ran down town to trade it for max credit is what I did, off out now to get dead island :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    I speed ran down town to trade it for max credit is what I did, off out now to get dead island :p
    Did it myself :) think i might leave DI, might even cancel my gears, got a clan drinking trip get together in dub this month

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

definitely getting the hang of this killing malarky. Just gave a gun to
    van bruggen and escaping the pod garden in hengsha
    . Withe amount of guards, I ran out of energy cells quickly and then ran out of stun darts. 1st time using my 10mm pistol with silencer, laser and armour piercing upgrades. I love this gun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

definitely getting the hang of this killing malarky. Just gave a gun to
    van bruggen and escaping the pod garden in hengsha
    . Withe amount of guards, I ran out of energy cells quickly and then ran out of stun darts. 1st time using my 10mm pistol with silencer, laser and armour piercing upgrades. I love this gun!

If you see one, pick up the crossbow! ;) So worth it for sticking the bodies to walls :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

@sheehy83 Pro tip, don't even think about trophies on your first playthrough. Dilutes the experience and prevents you from playing as though you actually would and instead you end up playing how you should for trophies... which usually suck.

I dunno about you but, never killing anyone? Screw that! I'm not a mass-murderer in games but I have a short temper with NPCs and will prompty end anyone who gets beyond a slight annoyance to me. Of course, context is important. So yeah, play exactly as you would like to. F**k trophies.
    That's my attitude entirely. I dont even replay for trophies.... been there, done that etc.

While I've been playing it mostly non lethal I wont hesitate to silencer-headshot them all and I find those NPCs with nothing to say annoying so mostly I tranq them in the face.

Tranqing civvies in the face is only fun for so long... when I find out how long that is, I'll let ye know!

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Did anything come of that exploration in Detroit when
    you climb the ladder behind the opera advertisement, hack the level 4/5 door, then find the sniper rifle and assassination instructions on the gas station? Thought it might have something to do with the Taggart speech

The funniest parts in the game for me were when you were given the option to bribe an NPC, so I would always pay, then knock them out and get my money back, GTA style:pac:

Really enjoyed the references to Majestic 12 and the Gray Death
    by the "prophet" in Detroit part 2

if you pay the slightly racist homeless woman you meet at the start of the game enough money, she'll tell you that someone was rumoured to be up somewhere very high near the limb clinic, to shoot into the crowd protesting and incite a riot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

This thread is massive !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    This thread is massive !

Well it is a great game and there is plenty to talk about. If I hadn't played through Mass Effect 2 earlier this year then Deus Ex might have been my favourite game of the year thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just replaying it now for the 3rd time...time to go all ultra violent...everyone gets killed now....and I mean everyone, although I'm betting I could slaughter 1000 ppl in the game and still
    try to talk someone out of shooting themselves

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Just replaying it now for the 3rd time...time to go all ultra violent...everyone gets killed now....and I mean everyone, although I'm betting I could slaughter 1000 ppl in the game and still
    try to talk someone out of shooting themselves
    or you could just talk them out of it, then do it for them!
    :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Great game so far, having a great time with this.
    Don't get enough stun darts though. :( I like not killing people.
    Well it is a great game and there is plenty to talk about. If I hadn't played through Mass Effect 2 earlier this year then Deus Ex might have been my favourite game of the year thus far.

If I wasn't going to play Dark Souls later on this year, this would probably be my GotY.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DarkJager wrote: »
    or you could just talk them out of it, then do it for them!
    :D

that's the plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I managed to find a good few hour last night and this afternoon to get stuck into this game. I got a lot further into the game. I had no idea it was such a long game. That's not a complaint, just an observation.

Just finished it. What an amazing game. Probably goty for me. I chose the
    destroy panchea
    ending, and it fitted perfectly with the story thread my Adam Jensen had woven. What a brilliant game, loved every single second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just started playing but having a weird problem with my 5.1 speakers. When I'm looking at someone straight on their voice is very very quiet. When I turn to the side their voice is nice and loud (from either the left or right speaker). It seems that their voice never comes from central speaker, only my own characters voice. Quite frustrating. Anyone know a fix?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, I've now played up to the second boss-fight & to be honest it was ticking me off so much I decided to cheat with the debug menu, become invincible and quickly bypass the battle (I really hope Steam doesn't get narky about that and ban players hehe).

These boss-fights are so bloody incongruous, they might as well be from another game altogether. There's absolutely no connection with the gameplay leading up to it. All Eidos had to do was introduce some nod to the rest of the game & let you - I dunno - sneak to a turret control, or airvent or something that allowed you to NOT to get into a straight-up gun battle. Even the classic killswitches would be fun

It wouldn't be so bad if the battles were fun, but they're tedious, cookie cutter shooter-rooms. Nor do the bosses themselves have any relevance or connection with Adam Jensen or the plot: they just show up and start shooting. Hell, I didn't even know the name of the second boss until I saw the achievement I got for killing her.

Still loving the game overall though, and equally loving the various nods with the original game. So far I've spotted mentions of:
    Joseph Menderley - the guy who eventually heads up UNATCO
    Versalife - amoral science corporation owned by ...
    Bob Page - although he just appears in the intro movie

• Advertisement

I only fought the 1st boss so far but the only connection I can tell is that you see each of em at the start of the game killing your colleagues so it looks like a bit of Kill Bill where you you see this elite gang killing everyone and leaving you for dead so you are spose to be feeling revenge to go kill em back. I dunno tho :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I only fought the 1st boss so far but the only connection I can tell is that you see each of em at the start of the game killing your colleagues so it looks like a bit of Kill Bill where you you see this elite gang killing everyone and leaving you for dead so you are spose to be feeling revenge to go kill em back. I dunno tho :)
    Yes, I know you see them at the start of the game, I'm aware of that, but they have no backstory, no connections, nothing. They're no different from the various grunts you dispatch throughout the game. Heck, that female mercenary doesn't even have a single line of dialogue, at least said grunts have a bit of character via the overheard conversations. They're completely arbitrary, and in a game where every major character has their own backstory, agenda & personality, clashing with Jensen, the mercs presence just feels utterly out of sync.

Ya, I mean I love MGS but I'm having much more fun playing this stealthy than I did MGS. Deus Ex can learn from MGS tho when it comes to bosses and boss fights.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ok, I've now played up to the second boss-fight & to be honest it was ticking me off so much I decided to cheat with the debug menu, become invincible and quickly bypass the battle (I really hope Steam doesn't get narky about that and ban players hehe).

These boss-fights are so bloody incongruous, they might as well be from another game altogether. There's absolutely no connection with the gameplay leading up to it. All Eidos had to do was introduce some nod to the rest of the game & let you - I dunno - sneak to a turret control, or airvent or something that allowed you to NOT to get into a straight-up gun battle. Even the classic killswitches would be fun

It wouldn't be so bad if the battles were fun, but they're tedious, cookie cutter shooter-rooms. Nor do the bosses themselves have any relevance or connection with Adam Jensen or the plot: they just show up and start shooting. Hell, I didn't even know the name of the second boss until I saw the achievement I got for killing her.

Still loving the game overall though, and equally loving the various nods with the original game. So far I've spotted mentions of:
    Get your typhoon upgraded to level 3. You have 1 more boss to go before the final one (laughably easy with a particular weapon). Running at the boss and unleashing your typhoon twice is instant win. They can't do damage to you while the typhoon animation is playing.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Get your typhoon upgraded to level 3. You have 1 more boss to go before the final one (laughably easy with a particular weapon). Running at the boss and unleashing your typhoon twice is instant win. They can't do damage to you while the typhoon animation is playing.
    Meh, don't care about the bosses anymore tbh, ill just use the debug menu to get past them. I'm playing this game for everything else about the gameplay, not these awful boss fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I'm playing this game for everything else about the gameplay
    One thing to be said for Human Revolution alright. It plays brilliantly. When one plays Deus Ex you sometimes have to play it in spite of the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I've come to a bit where you call an elevator and have to wait while some enemies spawn and then come to get you:
    Mine template + gas grenade in the room they spawn in = LOLS!

I'm a little disappointed it was that easy though :(

Loving it so far otherwise, up til 4 in the morning playing on Saturday! Stupid Hengsha, MUST... SEARCH... EVERY CORNER OF EVERY MAP....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Meh, don't care about the bosses anymore tbh, ill just use the debug menu to get past them. I'm playing this game for everything else about the gameplay, not these awful boss fights.

The boss battles are the reason I opted for the typhoon system. It's basically a win button for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If you read all the emails in the Picus building there's emails from:
    Morgan Everett and Nicolette DuClare too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

BopNiblets wrote:
    If you read all the emails in the Picus building there's emails from:
    Spoiler:
    Morgan Everett and Nicolette DuClare too
    The one from Nicolette DuClare creates a continuity error. She was only 17 in DX 1. Meaning she would not be born until 2035, 8 years after DX:HR.
    Bob Page is obviously the main villian of DX 1. The idenity of the of the other 7 conspirators during the opening conference call is never specificly revealed, but it becomes obvious by the end that Ru, Darrow and Taggart make up 3 of the others. The idenity of 2 more are known to be Lucis Debeers and Morgan Everett (there names appear in game, confirmed in the prequel novel Icuras Effect).
    Evidence from the game and novel point to Beth DuClare and Staton Dowd being the final 2 conspirators.

The numerous references to the Icuras Myth (the 2 central characters of which are Irucas and Daedalus who are of course the names of two of the A.I's in DX 1)

You get scolded for going into the ladies bathroom in Sarif HQ.

Several e-mails from Joseph Manderly in the police station and FEMA camp, future head of Unatco.

News cast mentioning Versalife and its CEO Bob Page. Versalife logo shows up in several places. Versalife is the sole manufacturer of Neuropozyne. One of the endings of the game allows you to pin the blame of Versalife for what happens during the final part of the game.

News cast mentioning Elizabeth (Beth) DuClare issuing a statement for the WHO.

News ticker mentioning sales of Lemon Lime vs Orange.

An E-mail converstation on Sarifs computer between Sarif and General O'Neill discussing a skull gun.

A E-Mail on Athena's computer mentioning Lucis Debeers offer of asistance to Sarif industry's. Lucis Debeers is the current leader of the Illumanti and Morgan Everett's mentor. He has a minor role in DX 1.

Page mentioning the morpheus initiative to Everett during the scene after the end credits. Also the mention of a nanite virus.

Advertisement