Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Arghhh im going mad. Ive played through the first level (Zeke at the end) and im trying to get the smooth operator and ghost achievement. Each time I do it I dont get either of the things popping up at the end giving me 500 xp points.

Can someone who has done it tell me where am I going wrong? To get ghost are you not even allowed knock out people?

I was thinking maybe it was the "alarmed" state that was causing me to fail every time so I literally just bypassed everyone bar two thugs who I knocked out. Didnt get noticed by any cameras, no hostile.

Is it a bug that its not popping up because im stumped as to why im not getting it!?

Im playing on the 360 version.

Ive watched a few times just after you finish talking to Zeke and I just get a few "getting things done" popping up and thats it. No ghost and no smooth operator!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

happened to me as well, played through on hard, no kills and no alarms (or so I thought) and didnt get either Pacifist or Foxiest of Hounds. Dunno if its a glitch or if I accidentally killed someone/set off an alarm but im assuming tis the latter. I have a feeling that tranq gun bug might have got to me or something.

Sounds like you're going along alright though, ive heard of ppl getting the achievements regardless of the 500xp bonuses popping at the end of each mission :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

IIRC you can't be seen at all.

I managed to get it by accident later in the game
    where zhou or whatever she's called pushes you out of the safe room and the guards come up from the elevator

I had full cloak, running with no sound and all the energy bars full just threw it on and ran by them all(don't hit anyone running by)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

For Zhaos office: there's a vent in that area, in fact, there's vents everywhere, I'm surprised someone hasn't found a vent that goes from Megans office to the end level! :pac:

It seems to me there's a bug in the game. I'm playing on the 360. I've completed that first level with zeke numerous times now without being seen and still no ghost bonuses.

It's obvious something is bugged as you SHOULD receive ghost bonus for entering the building unnoticed through the vent on the roof yet I get nothing.

Only explanation I have is that once you get the actual ghost achievement the game will stop rewarding you ghost bonus. I'm going to video me doing the level and stick it on YouTube. It's preventing me from getting all the achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

joe123 wrote: »
    It seems to me there's a bug in the game. I'm playing on the 360. I've completed that first level with zeke numerous times now without being seen and still no ghost bonuses.

It's obvious something is bugged as you SHOULD receive ghost bonus for entering the building unnoticed through the vent on the roof yet I get nothing.

Only explanation I have is that once you get the actual ghost achievement the game will stop rewarding you ghost bonus. I'm going to video me doing the level and stick it on YouTube. It's preventing me from getting all the achievements.

There is mention of a bug on one of the guides here, and lists an alternate place. I can't remember where I got it, much later in the game anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you get seen by an alarm, or a turret/bot, even if it's only alarmed, you lose the Ghost bonus iirc. I got it on the first few levels, so it's definitely possible.

I think I should clarify its not the Achievement im trying to get as I got that in my first playthrough.

Im trying to get the foxiest of hounds and pacifist ones but to do this I need to get the Ghost bonus in each mission.

Now in the purity first mission the game seems to glitch as its not registering that ive ghosted and should receive the ghost bonus twice in the purity first level.

Heres a video (really bad quality sorry), but you will notice I knock the guard out, run to the vent and before anyone says crouch, dont be seen you will see I breeze right through as its my 25th time doing the damn thing.

I should be getting the bonus ghost at the vent but im not.

Anyone thats completed the playthrough on the xbox 360 can you try this level again and get as far as the vent undetected as im thinking its a bug in the game.....before I go insane!

I think I should clarify its not the Achievement im trying to get as I got that in my first playthrough.

Im trying to get the foxiest of hounds and pacifist ones but to do this I need to get the Ghost bonus in each mission.
    No, you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Now in the purity first mission the game seems to glitch as its not registering that ive ghosted and should receive the ghost bonus twice in the purity first level.

Heres a video (really bad quality sorry), but you will notice I knock the guard out, run to the vent and before anyone says crouch, dont be seen you will see I breeze right through as its my 25th time doing the damn thing.

I should be getting the bonus ghost at the vent but im not.

Anyone thats completed the playthrough on the xbox 360 can you try this level again and get as far as the vent undetected as im thinking its a bug in the game.....before I go insane!

hmmm...you sure that one is meant to get ghost points there?

I know I def got some after I made it through the very next room but not I think at that point. Besides IF I remember correctly. If you go by the vent you'd only ever meet one person. So its not really an area of itself.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hmmm...you sure that one is meant to get ghost points there?

I know I def got some after I made it through the very next room but not I think at that point. Besides IF I remember correctly. If you go by the vent you'd only ever meet one person. So its not really an area of itself.

Yep you def do. Loads of videos on youtube of it. Once you enter through the vent you should get 500xp ghost and then again at the very end when talking to zeke.

@raze them all are you sure? I read that to get foxiest of hounds you have to get ghost whenever available! Plus im missing out on like big xp every time I dont receive it.

I first realised something was up when I do the cop station (without chatting my way in) and got no ghost. It was then I realised I hadnt recieved ghost for any part of my second playthrough.

Yep you def do. Loads of videos on youtube of it. Once you enter through the vent you should get 500xp ghost and then again at the very end when talking to zeke.

@raze them all are you sure? I read that to get foxiest of hounds you have to get ghost whenever available! Plus im missing out on like big xp every time I dont receive it.

I first realised something was up when I do the cop station (without chatting my way in) and got no ghost. It was then I realised I hadnt recieved ghost for any part of my second playthrough.
    Well I've both achievements and i rarely got ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe you're not getting them because you got the majority of them on your first playthrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well I've both achievements and i rarely got ghost.

+1.

I just reloaded as soon as any bot, camera or guard went into an alarmed or hostile state.

I didn't always reload if the guards went hostile if I was in the process of taking them down though, take downs were rare as I mostly snuck past.

I sometimes reloaded just to be safe if a camera when into a Suspicious state. But I don't think this affects the achievement.

Anyways, you definitely don't have to get Ghost on every level.

Also, I never destroyed any bot with emps, just disabled them via a console or went around them if possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's a mod that's been released (for nVidia users only unfortunately) that makes the game look even better. Removed the 'gold' hue from the game, as well as other features.

http://kotaku.com/5843146/deus-ex-mod-removes-gold-filter-game-suddenly-looks-even-better/gallery/1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Kiith wrote: »
    There's a mod that's been released (for nVidia users only unfortunately) that makes the game look even better. Removed the 'gold' hue from the game, as well as other features.

http://kotaku.com/5843146/deus-ex-mod-removes-gold-filter-game-suddenly-looks-even-better/gallery/1

You gotta live a guy who has such issues with a game he decides to use the comments section of a news item about a mod for that game to argue his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this recently and I'm just wondering if weapon upgrades are permanent? Or do they wear off over time/number of uses?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

No, they're permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Got this today myself cant wait to get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I love the actual game, but the boss battles are really putting me off. On the 2nd one at the moment, and since I'm a "pacifist" hacker/stealth character, it's such a crock of ****.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

emp grenades are your friend

i always kept an upgraded combat rifle in my inventory for the boss fights

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Or use the debug menu ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

pixelburp wrote: »
    Or use the debug menu ;)

ಠ_ಠ

:p

I completed the first Deus Ex only using my Stealth Pistol (mini crossbow to start a bit too), Dragon Sword and nano modifications. Not sure what the weapons are like in Deus Ex: HR but there's always an option to destroy enemies and bosses even if you think you don't have the right loadout item wise.

I personally thought not being loaded out with equipment made fights alot more challenging and rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I personally thought not being loaded out with equipment made fights alot more challenging and rewarding.

Annoying as well though, they're just so out of place - I don't consider them part of the game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was being fairly stealthy, mostly using the tranquilizer rifle, and then I got to the first boss,
    (Barrett?)
    , and all I had was a pistol with about 15 rounds and an assault rifle with around 30 rounds and 2 concussion grenades. Took me a while to kill the bastard. Lots of frantic running around....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

played this through twice already and considering a fresh play when the dlc comes out i have to say its easly the best action rpg game since vampire the masquerade bloodlines maybe even exceeds it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I simply loved the original ,up there with the best games ever.
    I didnt get stuck into DE HR simply because i wanted to play through some unfinished games first, still loads to do.
    Only started yesterday but totally loving it so far, havent got to any boss fights yet.
    Im playing it on hardest difficulty as i loved the original ' max difficulty.
    Seems a worthy update to Deus Ex,fantastic so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Stupid question, but is there any way to revive a character you've knocked out?

Realised too late that I accidentally KO'd Seurat and his bodyguard. Chick is still in bed in the next room, but she won't wake him up. *facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Borrowed it off my cousin yesterday cause couldnt afford it, but its very good so far , gonna pick this up when price drops ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Brillaint game so far, playing on the hardest setting, going to go through it with killing no-one and raising no alarms :D

Advertisement