Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i used gas grenades when I had them, after that I just turned on speed augs and ran past them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

i used gas grenades when I had them, after that I just turned on speed augs and ran past them
    That's how I did it, but there are a fair few hidden routes around them too.

i took great pleasure in leading them into traps
    run around the place, getting loads of them to follow me
    then jump up somewhere they cant reach so they all funnel intoa small area

then *boom* gas grenade

slan abhaile baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I went through nearly the whole game without killing someone till just now , done a stealth attack on one guy and all of a sudden his head stuck in the ground and says hes dead , fecking game glitched on me .. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I went through nearly the whole game without killing someone till just now , done a stealth attack on one guy and all of a sudden his head stuck in the ground and says hes dead , fecking game glitched on me .. :mad:
    Why not reload a save?

• Advertisement

Why not reload a save?

Couldnt be bothered doing it again , finally got it after the fourth try , only to have it taken away from me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

pixelburp wrote: »
    For those chasing the pacifist achievement - how on earth did you guys make it through that last location? To me, it seemed deliberately tailored to fook with people's desire to get that achievement:
    corridors & corridors, full of crazed civilians. In some cases there wasn't even an alternative route past them - I simply had to engage them
    They're pretty easy to just run away from. Fully upgraded stealth aug helps a lot too. Also gas grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Couldnt be bothered doing it again , finally got it after the fourth try , only to have it taken away from me :pac:

If you got the "Merciful Soul" Exp notification for stunning him (and he didn't fall into anything lethal), then it shouldn't affect your pacifist playthrough. I had that problem when I shot a guy with the tranq rifle and got a skull icon and merciful soul, so you should be ok.

If you got the "Merciful Soul" Exp notification for stunning him (and he didn't fall into anything lethal), then it shouldn't affect your pacifist playthrough. I had that problem when I shot a guy with the tranq rifle and got a skull icon and merciful soul, so you should be ok.

Thanks..least i know i wasant the only it happened to ..

Finished the game , got the pacifist trophy...so proud :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just cleared it now, excelent game. Don't think i'll play through it again tho as I played a really mixed run of stealth and action/

Now, what to play til Batman comes out!

replay the original deus ex!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

replay the original deus ex!

I actually feel like that now that just watched the secret ending after the credits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Beat namir (Think thats his name) today, playing on hardest difficulty, killed him in one punch :D he jumped the wall and i pressed 0 to do a takedown and it went through.

The boss before him was also very easy , farely basic run and slide attacks, she then just stood there and waiting to be killed. I hear all this about the boss fights being brutal, but i havent seen any example of this in my playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Anyone else notice some guy in the credits wearing an Arnotts Dublin GAA jersey?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yes, it's been mentioned many, many times in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just finished the game,got legend,Foxiest of the Hounds and pacifist trophy. A game which i only got on impulse has turned out to be my favourite game so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I rage quitted when I had my augs disabled during the Namir fight. Haven't had the heart to come back to this since. The boss fights have severely tainted the game for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Funglegunk wrote: »
    I rage quitted when I had my augs disabled during the Namir fight. Haven't had the heart to come back to this since. The boss fights have severely tainted the game for me.
    snigger snigger shouldn't of installed the chip!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Obvious trap was obvious. If you really can't stand the boss fight use a trainer to give yourself infinite health. Otherwise use gas grenades on him. They're very handy against him.

• Advertisement

it was an obvious trap but.. I was curious, and I didnt really have much respect for adam jensen and it seemed like the kind of stupid thing he'd do so my first playthrough I did it

then the trap fell and I spent an hour trying to kill the ****er before I just went back and
    grabbed a turret

I felt like i was cheating somehow with that solution, but after playing the original deus ex.. it was a solution that seemed to fit well with the game :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I did exactly the same. But a page or two back I described a way of beating him without using even a gas grenade potentially!

I almost quit playing then but dont, he's the worst of them and its well worth sticking at it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I thought this was a great game, really enjoyed the mood and the art direction. I love the Splinter Cell games, and felt very Sam Fisher once I had my 10mm pistol set up with silencer and AP bullets :) I did get strongly reminded of Halo: ODST when I first wandered around Detroit - similar moody night setting, items being highlighted in yellow, futuristic cars dotted around the place - but very quickly it asserted its own identity in my mind.

After the first boss battle I maxed my weapons for when I needed them. The target-seeking bullets add-on is great! As Mr. Miyagi said once "fighting not good, but if must fight ... win!" Generally I went the stealth route where possible and avoided conflict, though the one time that changed was
    after Malik died in the helicopter (I didn't know you could save her) - I took down all the guys in the crash zone, and then when I found her body about to be harvested for augs I went totally Charles Bronson and took out everybody I could find :) And then Tong was happy to have a little chat and I could wander around the whole place and no-one minded, like nothing happened :D

One aug I would definitely recommend is the EMP-protection armour. It helps in the second and last boss battles, and makes getting in to some areas a lot easier. I had focused on the hacking and stealth augs, and only got the Typhoon aug towards the end, anticipating the final boss battle.
    However that ended up being pretty easy - ran down to the central area, round the back, AUD on the life support control panel, and then lasered Zhao. Though it looks like I could have just lasered her from the start :)
    So I guess I'll have to wait till next run-through to play with the Typhoon :) Maybe in the DLC :)

My ending choice was
    to drown the installation. Who was I to decide the future of the human race :) I played them all though to get the achievement of course, and as with many games I reckoned there'd be something after the credits, another achievement unlocked :)

I wonder how they'll fit the DLC into the game if you've passed the point where you go on the ship? The extra mission included in the version I got just slotted into Hengsha seamlessly.

In summary, one of my candidates for game of the year, highly recommended. I picked up the original games too, so will find time to try them out soon I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I loved Human Revolution, its close enough to the original to give that nostalgic feel, reading emails on consoles and all the other distractions (back in my youth when I thought thinking having an office and getting emails would be cool) are nice breaks to have as opposed to sitting there holding down your fire button.

Having a choice in missions is really enjoyable as well, I really found myself steering away from mindless shooting, likewise sneaking past wasn't much fun as it feels like you are avoiding alot of xp. My personal challenge was to knock everybody out, this where I hit my first problem, the energy system is a bit frustrating, having to munch bars every time you want to take out 2 or more people is annoying.

The skill point system seems a bit lacklustre, some of the stuff is pretty useless like info on nodes you are about to hack. The original really balanced hacking by having 3 skills, lock picking, electronics and computers, basically you pick your path, and if you try to take them all you will gimp your Weapons skills. In human revolution just be sure to max hacking or you will miss out, and you probably won't have gained much from what other skill you picked up.
    The ending was a small bit annoying, while other games take stock of your various actions to form the ending, Human revolution seems to have just stuck on the "Ending-o-tron 5000" where you just pick an ending from the console at the end and a quick save will let you see them all in 15 minutes. Judging by the dialogue they were going for what I was first suggesting, but just ran out of time. Its a shame really because between that and hacking there isn't a huge amount of replayabilty
    Beat namir (Think thats his name) today, playing on hardest difficulty, killed him in one punch he jumped the wall and i pressed 0 to do a takedown and it went through.

The boss before him was also very easy , farely basic run and slide attacks, she then just stood there and waiting to be killed. I hear all this about the boss fights being brutal, but i havent seen any example of this in my playthrough.

I blasted Namir down in about 5 seconds with the special edition grenade launcher I got, kinda funny how it turned out to be so useful as usually its some junk like a multi player skin. Compared to the other two bosses he was a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just finished up all the quests and sub-quests in the first hub, have moved to China and I'm utterly bored with the game. Stealth games are never my thing and I've always lacked the patience for them so rather than being stealthy, I find myself going in with all guys blazing or trying to exploit the mechanics. If I get caught I go invisible, find a corner and sit it out until I'm out of danger.

I love the tone and the soundtrack is great but the gameplay is just leaving me cold right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Just finished up all the quests and sub-quests in the first hub, have moved to China and I'm utterly bored with the game. Stealth games are never my thing and I've always lacked the patience for them so rather than being stealthy, I find myself going in with all guys blazing or trying to exploit the mechanics. If I get caught I go invisible, find a corner and sit it out until I'm out of danger.

I love the tone and the soundtrack is great but the gameplay is just leaving me cold right now.

I'm a bit confused at this criticism - surely the whole point of the Deus Ex games it that you can play in whatever style you like? Punching people in the face with gigantic blades after you've rocket-launched their ass is as valid as stealth.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Anybody else think this is a bit lightweight?

I bought it for PC, and find the game a little shallow and boring.

The controls are also annoying and sluggish (e.g. rolling between cover)

The dialogue is rather poor too, and some of the side-quests are awful. (rescue aug-using girl from garage zzz!)

I think I would have liked it better had I played it on the ps3 - it feels quite consoley, better enjoyed sitting on the couch with PS3 gamepad and bigger screen.

I expect my PC games to engage me more, and have good depth, this one failed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Loco wrote: »
    Anybody else think this is a bit lightweight?

I bought it for PC, and find the game a little shallow and boring.

The controls are also annoying and sluggish (e.g. rolling between cover)

The dialogue is rather poor too, and some of the side-quests are awful. (rescue aug-using girl from garage zzz!)

I think I would have liked it better had I played it on the ps3 - it feels quite consoley, better enjoyed sitting on the couch with PS3 gamepad and bigger screen.

I expect my PC games to engage me more, and have good depth, this one failed!

Yes I this game isn't so great. Anytime I say that I'm told that it's a great game if I've played the original
    Somehow that makes this game better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

al28283 wrote: »
    Yes I this game isn't so great. Anytime I say that I'm told that it's a great game if I've played the original
    Somehow that makes this game better?

Of course it does! It's like movies. If you watch the sequel to a movie and haven't seen the original you're gonna miss out on some stuff. This was the same. Lots of references and nods to the original

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Of course it does! It's like movies. If you watch the sequel to a movie and haven't seen the original you're gonna miss out on some stuff. This was the same. Lots of references and nods to the original

I can understand that story might be enhanced by having played the original but that shouldnt make gameplay better

Advertisement