Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

al28283 wrote: »
    I can understand that story might be enhanced by having played the original but that shouldnt make gameplay better

It makes the game worse if anything.

Human revolution was decent but it just feels so dumbed down in comparison to the original.

Dlc has been priced at 15 dollars released on the 18th. Not paying that price for 3-5 hours gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

joe123 wrote: »
    It makes the game worse if anything.

Human revolution was decent but it just feels so dumbed down in comparison to the original.

Dlc has been priced at 15 dollars released on the 18th. Not paying that price for 3-5 hours gameplay.
    Not a chance I'll be paying close to €10 for that DLC.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I was hoping it would be free...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

joe123 wrote: »

Will be waiting for this on DotW so. 1200msp for an add on is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finished it there a few days ago. Very disappointing last level, and ending.
    For all practical purposes, zombies.
    Terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Just finished up all the quests and sub-quests in the first hub, have moved to China and I'm utterly bored with the game. Stealth games are never my thing and I've always lacked the patience for them so rather than being stealthy, I find myself going in with all guys blazing or trying to exploit the mechanics. If I get caught I go invisible, find a corner and sit it out until I'm out of danger.

I love the tone and the soundtrack is great but the gameplay is just leaving me cold right now.
    So if you prefer going in guns blazing do that? What's the problem? It's not a stealth game. It's a game where you can play different styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

ríomhaire wrote: »
    It's a game where you can play different styles.
    But none of them are particularly fun

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ríomhaire wrote: »
    So if you prefer going in guns blazing do that? What's the problem? It's not a stealth game. It's a game where you can play different styles.

I dunno, it feels like I'm cheating the game somehow by doing that. Like it was set up for stealth and by going against that I'm not getting the full experience. You only get a small slice of the exp for going in all guns blazing and it's like the game is encouraging you not to do that.

It's a strange situation and I'm having a hard time pin-pointing exactly why I don't like the game. The story's pretty poor but it looks great, the soundtrack is amazing and the gameplay fundamentals are there and yet I'm bored to tears with it. Maybe it's case of shooter overload or overly high expectation, but as a Deus Ex game it leaves me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

5uspect wrote: »
    I was hoping it would be free...
    crylaughin.gif Those days are long gone ('cept if you're valve).

I love the tone and the soundtrack is great but the gameplay is just leaving me cold right now.

Probably the best soundtrack in a game in a long long time, I don't remember the last game that had such a good score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

The DLC is now available on Steam, €10.99

The DLC is now available on Steam, €10.99

Think i'll skip that one

al28283 wrote: »
    Think i'll skip that one

Same, will be waiting for a price drop on XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This game has really dropped in price. So much, so quickly since launch. Do you think that the quick price drop and the price of the DLC is related? I mean, the more people who have the game are more likely to pay for the DLC. Personally I find the DLC to be too high in price for my liking. I might buy it when it goes on special on Steam or on PSN (since I have two copies) but at that price I have to say no thanks.

It's a shame cos i'd probably actually get this dlc if it were cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Was enjoying this game until I encountered a game-breaking bug! I was hit by an EMP grenade and my HUD did the glitching/rebooting thing and...it stayed like that. Tried everything to get it back but looks like I'll have to go back to a much earlier save. Rediculous from a modern high profile game. The Internet is also rife with stories of people's HUDs permanently disappearing on both PC and console. Definitely soured my enjoyment of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Was enjoying this game until I encountered a game-breaking bug! I was hit by an EMP grenade and my HUD did the glitching/rebooting thing and...it stayed like that. Tried everything to get it back but looks like I'll have to go back to a much earlier save. Rediculous from a modern high profile game. The Internet is also rife with stories of people's HUDs permanently disappearing on both PC and console. Definitely soured my enjoyment of the game.

Did you go for the replacement neural chip? I assume you're at the Namir boss fight. If so that's meant to happen. I didn't go for the chip (obvious trap is obvious).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I got 5 hours from the dlc for 10 euro considering space marine cost me 40 and lasted 7? i consider it a win

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I'm liking the Factory Zero achievement: completing the DLC with no weapons, explosives, or Praxis kit upgrades (considering you start with no augmentations except for takedowns and level 1 hacking). Now that's a challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Finished it last night and quite enjoyed it. I did have to take a break from it for about a week as it was getting a bit stale but was still one of the better games out this year. The story, characters and world created in the game do suck you in and are really immersive. It also has a way of enticing you to explore the levels, hunt out hidden areas and search random desk drawers for backstory and info. Some games make exploring feel like a chore but Deus Ex got it right.

Have'nt looked at the DLC yet but would agree with others that 1200 points is a bit steep.
    Found the last two boss fights far too easy. Just used typhoon on Namir and the laser cannon on Zhao. The end itself was a nice nod to the first one with the multiple endings based on who you spoke to in Panchea.

• Advertisement

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Did you go for the replacement neural chip? I assume you're at the Namir boss fight. If so that's meant to happen. I didn't go for the chip (obvious trap is obvious).
    No I'm not at that part. I'm in the area before you fight Barrett. It's not part of the story, just a glitch.

I'm liking the Factory Zero achievement: completing the DLC with no weapons, explosives, or Praxis kit upgrades (considering you start with no augmentations except for takedowns and level 1 hacking). Now that's a challenge!

Sounds like a nightmare.

Might try it if I ever get the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

TheChief36 wrote: »
    No I'm not at that part. I'm in the area before you fight Barrett. It's not part of the story, just a glitch.

Ah ok. That's really sh*t. Luckilty I didn't experience anything like that. Can definitely understand it pissing you off

Yeah. Well it is a good enough game that I'll give it another chance. It's just I don't really have the time to be ploughing time into games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There are mods for disabling the HUD. Perhaps using one of these to effectively turn it off and back on again might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just had a quick look at some gameplay videos from the missing link. Hearing about how all your augs were to be switched off what do I see at the very beginning of the missing link?

The bloody radar thing.

Seriously why is that even in the game? It should be removed from the game on the hardest setting or a really hard to get Augmentation.

The game is ridiculously easy and the radar is stupid. Especially in the missing link you are meant to of been stripped of everything. Obviously not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Finally finished this yesterday. Good game, but
    the last section was poor, the crazies weren't much of a threat, Zhao was a weak villain and a mediocre final boss. I loved all the nods to the first game though, and the different endings were cool.

However, the sheer variety of the endings made it difficult for any of the them to have any real weigh in the wider context of the series. It would appear that augmentation was restricted after Human Revolution, but how? The death ending would've been out of character for Adam, as would joining the Illuminati. I know it was designed to left open, but some sense of the closure would have been nice
    !

I'll go back to do a Pacifist/Stealth run on Deus Ex after I play through the rest of the season's big games. I also refuse to pay 1200 for The Missing Link, I'll wait til it goes on sale.

@5uspect. Might be worth a try. I already tried getting the aug that makes you immune to EMP damage thinking that might cancel it out but no luck. I'd also like to try getting Adam drunk since I hear that affects his display.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big J

Just finished The Missing Link, took me over 6 hours. If you liked the game it's pretty decent. Just be clear it is effectively a standalone game that you play separately from the original although you need the original game installed to run it.

Boss fight at the end was far too easy though - killed him with the combat rifle at range - earlier sections are actually more demanding. Can see how the Apex Predator and Factory Zero awards are tough - but they aren't my style so I won't be trying for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Im about 2 hours in. Game really reminds me of Vampire Bloodlines (which obviously copied deus ex). Which is one of my fave games.

Advertisement