Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

about the dual takedowns, it was bloody neccesary in that part where
    you had to rescue wotsername from that downed helicopter

there was just no way to take down/snipe all the people quickly enough without one or two dual takedowns. felt like such a badass when I did that bit
    Especially on the two big guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

That second arena boss is a pox. I had to stick it on to easy to kill her. She could one-shot me most of the time as I had no armour. The first one wasn't too bad but this really jarred badly with the rest of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

penev10 wrote: »
    That second arena boss is a pox. I had to stick it on to easy to kill her. She could one-shot me most of the time as I had no armour. The first one wasn't too bad but this really jarred badly with the rest of the game.

Explosives every time. It's the way I handled all the (consistently awful) boss battles. Most of 'em fall if two or three explosions occur within their general vicinity. Shoot a few bullets their way if they get stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

penev10 wrote: »

I was stuck on this boss about a month ago, tried trying to blow up the generators and catching her in the explosions and it got very frustrating. Ironically I have been away working in Shanghai for 3 weeks and just back Saturday. (amazed how accurate the underground train station in the game is to real life) so just got back into it today with a fresh head.

Anyway had 6 Praxis to play with so upgraded to Typhoon and already had a couple of Typhoon ammo but there is more in the lockers in the arena.

Two key strokes and shes dead within a minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the boss i hated the most was the ****er who could make himself invisible

ended up having to (dont read, srs if you havent beat him yet.. unless you've tried 30 times and have given up)
    reload from before i went into the elevator to him, traipse back ages and carry a missile turret all the way to the elevator. trying to throw the turret out of the elevator into his level so it'd land properly and without triggering the cut scene was tricky stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

There's easy ways to beat all the bosses but even without the more exploit-y tactics they're idiots when it comes to mines. Just throw mines everywhere and when they're stunned from the explosions shoot them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I have to say. I've been playing this over Christmas and its one of the best games I've played. Soundtrack is so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Spamming Typhoon seemed a handy way of taking out the bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I finished it and there's a guy wearing a Dublin shirt in he credits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had this for the ps3 but traded it in because it pissed me off but it was on sale the other day for pc,should have gotten it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Yes, you should. Does anybody know how many boss battles there are in this game and if they can be avoided?

In the first one there was only 3 and 2 of those could be avoided with some handy killphrases :D

boss fights can't be avoided, they have to be killed

think there's 3 or 4.. maybe 5

Yes, you should. Does anybody know how many boss battles there are in this game and if they can be avoided?

In the first one there was only 3 and 2 of those could be avoided with some handy killphrases :D

There's 4. They can't be avoided but two of them can be done really simply if you know how, the other two you actually need to fight but again they aren't overly hard.

danthefan wrote: »
    There's 4. They can't be avoided but two of them can be done really simply if you know how, the other two you actually need to fight but again they aren't overly hard.

That's a shame. It's a pretty jarring departure from the rest of the game. ah well, iv'e two down already and just got the typhoon system, so roll 'em on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Has the potential to be properly awful imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I bought this game in the Steam sale a few days back, played it for a few hours so far. I am enjoying it too, pleasantly surprised.

giving this another playthrough but im noticing something strange that I don't think bothered me the last two times

i'm only on the second mission, haven't even done a boss fight yet but i'm having difficulty seeing clearly. everything is so hazy/foggy and the lights from all the trucks and spotlights are making it real awkward to see. is this just the way this mission is meant to look?

light sources just seem to be too bright.. it's funny looking

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

giving this another playthrough but im noticing something strange that I don't think bothered me the last two times

i'm only on the second mission, haven't even done a boss fight yet but i'm having difficulty seeing clearly. everything is so hazy/foggy and the lights from all the trucks and spotlights are making it real awkward to see. is this just the way this mission is meant to look?

light sources just seem to be too bright.. it's funny looking

Funnily enough I re-installed this a few days ago to replay it as well. I'm haven't seen anything like you describe though. Everything is pretty clear for me. Did you try watching a few walkthrough videos on youtube to compare with what you are seeing?

hrm, good idea

all i could see were console walkthroughs but i'm noticing the thing that's bugging me alright, it's just more pronounced on my pc I guess or the low quality youtube video isn't helping it

ah well, i'll just get used to it so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can you do a screencap and upload it. I'll see if it looks like my game.

i've progressed in the level now, i'm indoors so the outside fog/lighting issue is gone
    if i see it again i'll upload a screencap

I finished it last night. I really loved the game but a few things did bug me.
    In the later half of the game, the city hubs vanish and you never return to Sariff industries. I had thought there would be some sort of resolution between Jensen and Prichard as they seem to form some sort of friendship over the course of the game. The same goes for Malik and Megan.

There is a strong tonal shift once you reach Panchea, where it becomes a zombie survival horror. Not bad, just...different.

I hate the boss-fights but at least they're quick once you have the Typhoon.

For such a cinematic game, I had hoped there'd be a longer ending sequence with character resolutions.

I know i'm just whinging now and none of this detracts too much from an otherwise outstanding game. It does make me want to go back and play the other two now

i still haven't played invisible war, after all the bad things i've heard about it I'm always wary about installing it

i still haven't played invisible war, after all the bad things i've heard about it I'm always wary about installing it

It's a decent game in it's own right, just a very disappointing follow up.
    ...or maybe that's nostalgia talking since i can't get IW to work on my new laptop! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's not incredibly bad and starts out quite promising, but there's so many annoying aspects to it and the fact that you can't help but compare it to the original (and now the new one), that it kinds of saps some of the enjoyment from it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Bumping the thread; seems that the WiiU is getting it's own version, a 'Directors Cut' no less, with the infamous boss battles rebuilt; fair play n' all for addressing the issue, but I feel a little cheesed off that while one specific port is getting a fix for what was a minor, but tangible fault in the game, the rest of us have to put up with them.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-20-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-for-wii-u-confirmed-and-yes-theyve-fixed-the-boss-battles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bumping the thread; seems that the WiiU is getting it's own version, a 'Directors Cut' no less, with the infamous boss battles rebuilt; fair play n' all for addressing the issue, but I feel a little cheesed off that while one specific port is getting a fix for what was a minor, but tangible fault in the game, the rest of us have to put up with them.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-20-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-for-wii-u-confirmed-and-yes-theyve-fixed-the-boss-battles

Real shame, I'd love to play this version of the game, but I don't own a Wii U and no plans on ever getting one either. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd love to see the DC content released as DLC for the older versions of the game, at a reasonable price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Directors cut? :P

Love the way you can give something a little spit shine and call it new. lol. lets be honest, it's just a port with a few things changed. But hey, if it cements a sequel? why not.

Advertisement