Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

humanji wrote: »
    It's not incredibly bad and starts out quite promising, but there's so many annoying aspects to it and the fact that you can't help but compare it to the original (and now the new one), that it kinds of saps some of the enjoyment from it.

The other day, I pulled an old laptop out of cold storage and loaded Invisible War onto it. The story and characterization is actually great but it's a textbook example of "dumbing down" a game for consoles.

You have a tiny inventory with almost no management, same for the biomods. you run through well crafted, but very small maps so the loading bar will be all to familiar soon.
    All in all, the menus and user interface are atrocious for something with Deus Ex on the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

The other day, I pulled an old laptop out of cold storage and loaded Invisible War onto it. The story and characterization is actually great but it's a textbook example of "dumbing down" a game for consoles.

You have a tiny inventory with almost no management, same for the biomods. you run through well crafted, but very small maps so the loading bar will be all to familiar soon.
    All in all, the menus and user interface are atrocious for something with Deus Ex on the cover.

When I saw the leaders of the Order and the WTO I knew exactly who they were - it was pretty easy to work out the main points of the plot. It sucked the fun out of the game for me - it didn't seem as if there was a conspiracy gradually unfolding throughout the game. I also didn't like how all of your choices (up to that point) became null and void at Liberty Island either.

The ending of HR wasn't great either. Did they run out of money at the end?

Also, if anyone else is in a Deus Ex replaying mood but would like something different, give The Nameless Mod (you need a copy of the original Deus Ex) a try, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I also didn't like how all of your choices (up to that point) became null and void at Liberty Island either.
    very true. i remember you could change aliegences right up to the very end regardless of which group you sided with/against earlier. Though if memory serves did you not have to fulfill some sort of criteria beforehand? maybe that was for something else...

The ending of HR wasn't great either. Did they run out of money at the end?
    I liked the real footage (there was even one of a garda during a riot) but I was expecting a bit more closure to the characters and this time period in the world. It didn't help that the final boss was pi$$ easy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

danthefan wrote: »
    Spamming Typhoon seemed a handy way of taking out the bosses.
    Yep. I found the
    invisible one simple, though I didn't use the Typhoon. I used the grenade launcher. I'd gotten it in Shanghai from Tong. Just unloaded it on him. Done.

Also,
    final boss was simple. That weapon that you get in Shanghai 2 that is next to Tong and you can kill her in seconds. Even on hard.
    very true. i remember you could change aliegences right up to the very end regardless of which group you sided with/against earlier. Though if memory serves did you not have to fulfill some sort of criteria beforehand? maybe that was for something else...
    All you have to do is talk to the requisite people to get their option.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finally played this legit and finished it, the other version i had i hated because it forced boss fights. Directors cut didnt really change this.

Decent game but the last level is ****, annoyed my stealth skills were not used at all. Shotgun shotgun shotgun...... the only gun i never modded...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I ordered the Director's Cut from Amazon for about €12 last week after reading about the DLC and revamped boss fights, still waiting for it to arrive.

Disappointed to hear the boss fights haven't been changed but I'm still looking forward to getting stuck into it again. The Missing Link sounds like a biggish DLC.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I ordered the Director's Cut from Amazon for about €12 last week after reading about the DLC and revamped boss fights, still waiting for it to arrive.

Disappointed to hear the boss fights haven't been changed but I'm still looking forward to getting stuck into it again. The Missing Link sounds like a biggish DLC.

was 3 quid on steam a while back, your forced into 4 boss fights i would suggest shotgun for those, seem to make the biggest effect with some FPS skills (strafe and dodge) otherwise nothing in this game will trouble you.

hacking and being stealthy has no bearing on anything, may as well kill everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i managed to kill the first couple of new bosses without upgrading any combat skills, they really did rejig the arenas so i think you can do it even if you have no weapons in your inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Decent game but the last level is ****, annoyed my stealth skills were not used at all. Shotgun shotgun shotgun...... the only gun i never modded...

I got through the whole game without setting off any alarms or killing anyone. It's how you take on the game really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the last level is ****ing awful in stealth mode though, I did it once and the other times I just decided
    'right there's no saving them, they're not human. boom boom in the face'

• Advertisement

the last level is ****ing awful in stealth mode though, I did it once and the other times I just decided
    'right there's no saving them, they're not human. boom boom in the face'

Yeah pretty much that.

On reflection the entire plot is pointless
    it just ends, no end to the story.

goes to check if theres a sequel in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just picked this fella up for €5 quid in tesco's today.

PS3.

Advertisement