Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

humanji wrote: »
    I really hate regenerating health, so hopefully someone will be able to mod it out of the game.
    So I assume you stayed away form the Health Regen aug in the first game. ;)

As for the melee attack, well it is an insta-kill in fairness so I'm not surprised it takes extra juice. On the other hand, those kill animations look far more annoying than said cost. Bring back Riddick's fast and efficient melee kills from Escape From Butcher Bay. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

humanji wrote: »
    I really hate regenerating health, so hopefully someone will be able to mod it out of the game.

You'll want to hope that the game's files are vaguely modular and accessible to budding modders (or that there's a community to begin with). I don't think Eidos have announced anything resembling a SDK, so any mods will be on the QT.

DLC has killed off the modding community for new releases :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

gizmo wrote: »
    So I assume you stayed away form the Health Regen aug in the first game. ;)

Actually, I did, lol. But I mean that there was a good reason why that healed you in the first game, where as the standard FPS regeneration these days make no sense at all. It kills the immersion for me.
    As for the melee attack, well it is an insta-kill in fairness so I'm not surprised it takes extra juice. On the other hand, those kill animations look far more annoying than said cost. Bring back Riddick's fast and efficient melee kills from Escape From Butcher Bay. :o

Yeah, it'd be great if an insta-kill was actually instant. I'm expecting to try it on someone and to be stuck in a 10 second animation while a load of guys shoot at me.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    You'll want to hope that the game's files are vaguely modular and accessible to budding modders (or that there's a community to begin with). I don't think Eidos have announced anything resembling a SDK, so any mods will be on the QT.

DLC has killed off the modding community for new releases :(
    Yeah, I seriously doubt anything user related will be created, but I can live in hope. I was kind of saddened earlier when I found myself wondering what kind of DLC will be available, as opposed to wondering if DLC will be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Based on that 25 minute video, and that preview,, I'm willing to give this a chance. But seriously, whoever thought it would be great being dragged out of first-person for overly lengthy takedown moves should be beaten with sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

3rd person with climbing ladders is another stupid move...............in fact the whole 3rd person thing I'm not warming to at all. I like other aspects except that 3rd person, really drags you out of the game.

In other 1st person games I always liked pressing Q or E to bend around a corner, spot a guy looking in your direction, pulling back and hoping he didn't see you. Or climbing up a ladder, do the James Bond thing at the top and have a quick look around before getting up :D

I'll still play it but I would've rather 3rd person wasn't in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's the Gears of War effect really; developers are so terrified of not making their money back they'll ape any gameplay mechanic they perceive as popular or that goes down with the market. Better to lure in the average ADD suffering button-masher with promises of Gears'esque combat & take their money, than risk boring them. Hence the cover-based 3rd person malarky & the takedown animations. I wouldn't be surprised if a few Quick Time Events turn up at some point too.

Sarky wrote: »
    Based on that 25 minute video, and that preview,, I'm willing to give this a chance. But seriously, whoever thought it would be great being dragged out of first-person for overly lengthy takedown moves should be beaten with sticks.

Hopefully it'll be similar to Fallout New Vegas and you're given the option to shut down these kind of cinematics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pixelburp wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if a few Quick Time Events turn up at some point too.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Duggy747 wrote: »
    3rd person with climbing ladders is another stupid move...............in fact the whole 3rd person thing I'm not warming to at all. I like other aspects except that 3rd person, really drags you out of the game.

In other 1st person games I always liked pressing Q or E to bend around a corner, spot a guy looking in your direction, pulling back and hoping he didn't see you. Or climbing up a ladder, do the James Bond thing at the top and have a quick look around before getting up :D

I'll still play it but I would've rather 3rd person wasn't in it.

You know the only time I thought switching from first person perspective would bother me was when I read the review of the original game. It was a total non-issue for me when I actually played it, like every other game that's featured it since.

• Advertisement

You know the only time I thought switching from first person perspective would bother me was when I read the review of the original game. It was a total non-issue for me when I actually played it, like every other game that's featured it since.

The only time Deus Ex 1 wasn't first person was during the talking scenes, which were perfectly fine.

It's the constant switching from 1st to 3rd person perspective during gameplay that irks me a bit, probably because I've never really liked 3rd person view in games anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Good news, they've made the highlighting optional!!

Here's a video of two of the devs talking about it and a short clip of the game with and without the highlighting.

With it disabled the action button still comes up, kinda like the object name came up when you were close in the original. I think they made the right choice with that.

Edit: Just noticed the ion game menu has an option for the cover/takedown prompts which is cool for those who weren't mad on that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

CANNOT wait for this game!

Excellent, my hopes have risen again for this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,265 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is this out tomorrow :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Headshot wrote: »
    Is this out tomorrow :confused:

Afraid not. August 26th in Europe.

Bloody play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bloody play.com
    Ha, It was originally supposed to be February, then they gave it an extra month of polish. Then they bumped it back down to August. Frustrating, but I can wait.

It seems as though the game will be using Steamworks but Eidos have yet to actually confirm this.

For those that got the Augmented edition for the PC via amazon, it appears that it briefly dropped in price to £25.91. Phenomenal price for the Augmented edition but it has since gone back up to £34.91.
    According to Amazon's preorder price guarantee, you too should be paying that price (£25.91) if you preordered it at the higher price. :D:D:D
    http://savygamer.co.uk/2011/05/01/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition-pc-25-91/
    Guess who ordered the game back in December for £33? Back then I thought it was a great price and this is music to my ears. Anyone else in the same boat as me.

Edit: Just after checking my order in amazon there. They've already applied the price change to my order. Now paying £26 (due to Irish VAT). :D:D

Does the PC have the collectors edition because I dont see a price for it on amazon

• Advertisement

Does the PC have the collectors edition because I dont see a price for it on amazon
    Yeah. they have it on asda for £99
    But they say that it cant be shipped outside the UK, but I haven't tried placing an order.
    Not bothered by the Collector's edition at that price. Not worth the extra money just for the figurine IMO. Otherwise, they are the same edition.
    Also on Game.co.uk for £89.99

Some good info about the PC version. Seems as though they are doing their best to accommodate PC users and seem to be tailoring the options/menus/controls to meet most PC gamer's expectations. Good news.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/04/eidos-talk-deus-ex-human-revolution-pc-exclusive-features/
    I like the sound of drag and drop inventory management. Nothing new, but welcome all the same.

Who's doing the Deus Ex: Human Revolution collectors edition in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Who's doing the Deus Ex: Human Revolution collectors edition in ireland?

Very expensive that isn't it like £100 but the Action figure looked nice.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Very expensive that isn't it like £100 but the Action figure looked nice.

not sure but im a real sucker for collector editions

seems play.com are the way to go but I haven't dealt with them for years because their postage is so bloody slow

seems play.com are the way to go but I haven't dealt with them for years because their postage is so bloody slow

The last time I ordered a game from them (Gran Turismo collectors edition) it took over three weeks to arrive. It never takes that long with dvd's/blu rays etc but games are a nightmare with them.

Looks like this game will be using DX11 on PC for those that are interested.

And also a preview into how the PC version plays/feels from PCGamer.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/06/how-deus-ex-human-revolution-feels-on-pc/
    Lots of stuff coming out this week from PC Gamer on it. Looking better and better as more info is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Awh man, I wish I had a good pc to get this on!!

I'll be getting the ps3 version. Seeing all the extra attention the PC version is getting is just making me jealous

• Advertisement

Who's suppose to stock the collectors edition in ireland anyway

I went into gamestop and they dont have it for preorder at all

Advertisement