Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You'll miss some interesting stuff, in that case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another new video - a 12 minute walkthrough by the devs (with surprisingly relevant questions being asked by a journo from IGN) during one of the later levels, so we get a good idea how the non-tutorial levels operate & work. It also gives a sense on how the augmentions work...

The takedowns still suck balls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This game looks right up my alley and will def be getting it but my biggest worry is the way takedowns use battery. The way a takedown depletes one battery bar, that won't regenerate unless you use a consumable, and only the 1st bar regenerates means you can only do 4 takedowns in an area and then you have to keep waiting for the 1st bar to refill, I think its gonna break the flow. Will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

http://www.gamestop.ie/41669_PC_Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_Collectors_Edition.aspx
    Looks like the Collector's Edition has gotten cheaper on Gamestop.ie
    Selling for €72.97 for the PC version. Not gonna bother with the Collector's Edition myself. Gonna keep my order for the Augmented edition that I have from Amazon for £26.
    Just thinking of you, Headshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Cant ****ing wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hope its that good throughout the entire game. The 12 minute long video reminded me so much of DE1, Ah the warm tingly feeling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The only shoddy part of that was the takedowns. They make me sad. Other than that, it's looking pretty slick, very true to the original classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

From that 12 minute demo it just made me really glad they put the option in to disable the highlighting.

As he was wandering about things were randomly highlighting to show him where to go, like the ability to crawl through an air vent in a room as soon as he opened the door. Where's the fun and challenge in that?

It's looking great, though. Pity about the takedowns, does anybody on the web actually like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I wonder if the modding community will be able to take them out later.

I assume there are some melee weapons in the game that don't activate the takedown animations?
    Gimme a trusty baton and I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I wonder if the modding community will be able to take them out later.

I assume there are some melee weapons in the game that don't activate the takedown animations?
    Gimme a trusty baton and I'll be happy!
    Well with the leaked alpha in existence, one would imagine that if they could remove the takedowns there were would already be a mod to do so. Mind you, I haven't looked so who knows!

It does seem silly that you need battery charge to do something as easily achieved with some lead piping hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Seems like it won't be moddable (at least not yet):
    http://gamingbolt.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-currently-no-plans-to-produce-mod-tools

That Cities trailer was cool, although I've no idea why it told me I had to be 18 to watch it on my Galaxy S, my Youtube account says I'm 31 (not sure why, I must have put that in when registering, I'm really a few years younger!) :o

le bump ! getting close now, and i for one can't wait.

Another trailer in the mean time :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

looks brilliant,never played the series before so I dunno will I get it,what platform are ye getting it on?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Get Deus Ex 1 now. Its dirt cheap on most digital retailers. Best game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

looks brilliant,never played the series before so I dunno will I get it,what platform are ye getting it on?

50500_332561550002_3894078_n.jpg

...all the way.

I think on my new z68/i5 2500K/8GB DDR3/560 Ti/SSD drive machine, it will look... nice.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Cannot wait to get this game. I just really wish I had the space/money for a good pc to run it on! As I don't, it'll be ps3 for me.

But yeah, for anyone who hasn't played the original, you really really should. It's probably my favourite game. Just total immersion in the world. It might look dated, but it's pure gold. I'm actually replaying it at the minute!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Cannot wait to get this game. I just really wish I had the space/money for a good pc to run it on! As I don't, it'll be ps3 for me.

But yeah, for anyone who hasn't played the original, you really really should. It's probably my favourite game. Just total immersion in the world. It might look dated, but it's pure gold. I'm actually replaying it at the minute!!

If I do decide to get I think I'll be getting it on the ps3 too,dunno would my 3yr old run it very well :-/

Burgo wrote: »
    le bump ! getting close now, and i for one can't wait.

Another trailer in the mean time :D

Well well; to those who played Deus Ex 1, did anyone spot that one of the characters in that trailer was none other than
    Bob Page! Ot was even the same voice actor that played him!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well well; to those who played Deus Ex 1, did anyone spot that one of the characters in that trailer was none other than
    Bob Page! Ot was even the same voice actor that played him!

Wow I hadn't noticed that! Nice spot. That's very interesting indeed.

Also, there was a segment of music released as part of the Facebook promotion for the game.

You can listen to it here
    http://cdn2.netops.eidosinteractive.com/files/deusex/facebook/utjecxqcd4y4l2b3gh61/utjecxqcd4y4l2b3gh61.mp3

It's from the Detroit level apparantly

• Advertisement

Cheers for pointing that out pixel, really didn't notice it, still jeez ya feckin nerd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

hmmm I thought this was going to be another bastardised console version of the majestic Deus Ex but it does look pretty damn good

I will wait for a few peoples thoughts on the game first before buying though, as I have been burnt to many times in recent years by generic crappy fps console ports

Auvers wrote: »
    hmmm I thought this was going to be another bastardised console version of the majestic Deus Ex but it does look pretty damn good

I will wait for a few peoples thoughts on the game first before buying though, as I have been burnt to many times in recent years by generic crappy fps console ports

Same here,brink being the latest game to burn -_-

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Have you still not bought DX 1 yet?

Seriously just do it. You can't go wrong, God Tier game!

Azza wrote: »
    Have you still not bought DX 1 yet?

Seriously just do it. You can't go wrong, God Tier game!

Dont worry I'll get it ;)

jaykhunter wrote: »

That's a very nice preview. There was some footage in there I hadn't seen.

And you know what, the way they go from clips of DX1 to HR in that video made me realise that the format does seem to have been kept. I mean other than the cover.. a lot of the first person looks like it belongs to DX, just updated.

Cannot wait!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

jaykhunter wrote: »

That has really made me excited for this. A few of the earlier trailers had me quite apprehensive about it, but that has restored my faith.

It was a bit spoilerish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

yekahS wrote: »
    That has really made me excited for this. A few of the earlier trailers had me quite apprehensive about it, but that has restored my faith.

It was a bit spoilerish though.

I'm pretty much ignoring all the videos coming out now - I figure that some are so long, they're bound to contain spoilers. And it's a must-buy for me (in fact, already-ordered) so it's not like I need convincing to buy it. It's only another month away.....

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm trying to remain sceptical about this one so I'm not going to consider a purchase until I see some trustworthy reviews or get feedback here.

It's looking very promising however and I'm glad they're appearing to listen to the community regarding things like highlighting.

Advertisement