Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chemical peels?

• 12-03-2010 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has tried glycolic chem peels? thinking of trying a couple before getting married in May but not sure. Have some marks on face from previous acne from years ago and wondering if the chem peel will help the marks? Looking into getting it done in the derma clinic portlaoise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

I was wondering the same thing Im 28 am I too young? still is looking dull and lifeless lately are they dangerous any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Also interested in hearing if anyone has any experience of these? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Right, I know this thread goes back a few months and a year before that but instead of starting a new one, I'm resurrecting this one!

I, like all us fine ladies, am getting on in years. I've a big birthday next year, the big three-oh! I saw some photos from few years ago and I really noticed how much more freshfaced I looked back then.

I have some wrinkles under my eyes and I've been told that these sort of wrinkles (under my eyelashes) are from dehydration. You obviously don't know my face, but is that assessment of eye wrinkles true?

Secondly, I think my skin just looks dull. DULL. I used to get facials done but the place I went to no longer exists and can't fine anywhere near me that does Decleor. Dermologica does nothing for me, can anyone recommend anything else to help brighten skin?

Which brings me to the thread title - chemical peels? Is 29 too young for these? I'd be interested to know if anyoen has got it done and what they thought? Good bad or indifferent!!!

I see that Boots No7 do a glycolic peel pack - anyone ever used this?

THanks from an aging loopie! :D

Edit: I've just turned on the tv and Gok Wan is doing a survey on these things! Top of them was Ole henriksen, £95 mind, but apparently wasn't too brilliant 42/100...hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

Well the thread was my original post and I actually went ahead and had 3 done!

I was supposed to get 6 as that was part of the deal. 3 before the wedding and 3 after but just ended up getting the 3 before. I was 27 and am now 28 and have a baby so have strongly strongly thought of going back for another course.

I have to say I did notice a differece and only regretted not getting the other 3 done as they told me a full course would make a massive difference.

I would say go for it. Do a bit of research first and make sure the place is reputable enough. They did a consulatation on me first which made me feel very relaxed first as I was a but apprehensive about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

I had a course of glycolic peels done, Dr Murad ones, in my local salon. Results really were fantastic.
    Glycolic is amazing on skin, it really gets deep down. The home kits etc are a fraction of the % used in professional ranges so for excellent results go to a salon.

Re the poster with dehydration under eyes, yes it could be dehydration, but it may just be fine lines as well. Good eye cream is what you need to put moisture back into the area. I am a firm believer in the saying you get what you pay for..look for something with vitamins a,c,e and things like hyaluronate..these are anti oxidants and hyaluronate will literally hold the moisture far better in your skin. And something with SPF, always SPF!!
    Another good thing I found was Vichy Thermal water, its a spray that you mist over your face, lots of different ones out there...but its brilliant, sets make up and just feeds your skin and protects it.

I am a total product junkie and went on and trained in beauty..now doing advanced skin care and the things you learn once you start understanding cosmetic science and what products can do for your skin.

So yeah, glycolic is fab...damaging in the wrong persons hands but find somewhere good and you will love the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Jennypops wrote: »
    I had a course of glycolic peels done, Dr Murad ones, in my local salon. Results really were fantastic.
    Glycolic is amazing on skin, it really gets deep down. The home kits etc are a fraction of the % used in professional ranges so for excellent results go to a salon.

Can you pm me the salon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Could you pm me too please!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Just thought Id share my experience of glycolic acid peels for anyone thinking of trying it for acne. I’ve had two courses of Glycolic acid peels done over the years for acne and scaring and whilst I was some what happy with the end result it was hell for the first couple of weeks.
    Both times its was recommended to me that I should do at least 6 sessions to see any real results, infact the beautician said that was the case for most conditions (not just acne/scarring). I was warned from the out set that my skin would get worse before it got better and by god she wasn’t lying!! :eek: After the second session my skin broke out all over in spots, the beautician said this was a good sign, that all the dirt and grim in my pores was coming out and that the subsequent sessions would help clear them up. I say after the forth session I stopped breaking out. Another side effect was that my usually very oily skin became very dry and uncomfortable, especially around my noise and chin, so I would recommend to anyone getting this treatment done to invest in a good moisturiser and night cream as your skin will peel and become itchy.
    By the end of my session my skin was a lot smoother, my acne wasn’t as bad but it had little to no effect on my scarring.

Advertisement