Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Party

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting my daughter christened in 2 weeks and I have hired out a function room in a pub for the afters. I am going to do the food myself. I have organised a chipper to cook the cocktail sauages and chicken drumsticks & vegetarian spring rolls.

I'm just looking for advice... should I have the food as a buffet or hand it out myself? I am planning on having sandwiches, soup, cocktail sausages, chicken drumsticks and vol au vonts as well as some sweet stuff such as buns, chocolate biscuit cake & apple tart.

Would people get up and help themselves or would it seem like bad manners expecting them to serve themselves? It just I dont want to spend all day running around after everyone else, I want to enjoy the day myself.

As some of you may know my daughter got meningitis at 3 weeks and I also want to make this a special day for her so if anyone has any tips/ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would go with the Buffet option:)
    People like being able to help themselves and it makes the day less stressful for you.
    The day is for you and the grandparents so the best way for her to enjoy it is for you to:) Get some nice photos too that she can have when she is older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The last christening I was at which was in a function room it was a buffett and people helped themselves, it went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

thank you :)

Advertisement