Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andrey Arshavin's words of wisdom

• 12-03-2010 11:56am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Archi posted a few of these in the Arsenal thread already but I came across a few more on Arshavin's official website and thought others might enjoy them...

Andrey, did Bendtner read your interview after the Arsenal-Burnley game?
    AA: In the original? No, he has difficulties with the Russian language.

Andrey, what do you think people need pain for?
    AA: For people not to forget that they are mere mortals. Some people say that suffering purifies the soul.

Does anybody go in for sports in your family?
    AA: Me.

The question is – do you approve when a girl starts using makeup very early in her life?
    AA: As for the makeup, this is a purely personal matter for each girl, although I think it is better to consult a professional regarding this question.

Hi. I am 25 years old and I’m still not married. My parents are very upset about this. They say I can end up a spinster. But I don’t want to get married yet. What shall I do?
    AA: I think I can help you.
    Step 1: You need to find a scruffy heavy drinker.
    Step 2: Once you’ve found him, try to persuade him to “marry” you. I think that for a small amount of money, he will agree to fulfill the role of your fiancé :)
    Final: Bring this guy home. Tell your parents he’ll live with you ;)
    I think next time they will think better before forcing their opinion on you.

Andrey, are you touchy?
    Arshavin: No

Andrey, what do you think about smoking. Do you smoke? If not, have you ever tried to?
    AA: When I was 15 or 16 years old I tried it. I do not smoke and I don’t approve of smoking especially by women.

Why football? There are so many other kinds of sports, but, of course, football is the best.
    AA: I started off playing checkers. When I realized that I won’t be able to become an International Grand Master, I had to leave it for football.

Andrey, is it possible to meet you in London?
    AA: If I live here, then there is a chance.

Hi Andrey! My name is Artem, I’ve been playing football since I was 8 years old and I want to become a professional footballer, but I'm not tall, so I have to run fast! How fast did you run a 30 meter or a 60 meter distance when you were 15?
    AA: I don’t remember.

Hello Andrey, I’ve been playing football half a year now. All this time I played the field and now I begin to wonder maybe I should become a goalie. What would you recommend?
    AA: To think about it.

Have you ever been to Stavropol?
    AA: No

Hi! I’m overweight. What shall I do?
    AA: Lose weight

Hi, Andrey! I am 13 years old and I began to play football 2 years ago.
    Do you think I’ll be able to become a professional footballer?

AA: I do not know.

Have you ever been stung by the bees in the forehead or near the eye?
    AA: No, but I’ve been stung once in my behind by a bee.

Andrey, how often do you eat onions or garlic??
    AA: It happens sometimes…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

these questions crack me up where do they get these people from!!

i love the answer about not been married at 25:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

He's like a tiny, Russian Karl Pilkington :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hi! I’m overweight. What shall I do?
    AA: Lose weight
    BRILLIANT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Andrey, what do you think about smoking. Do you smoke? If not, have you ever tried to?
    AA: I don’t approve of smoking especially by women.

Never liked him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he hammered 4 past us last year, the winner at anfield this year, and i still can't hate that little man.

it's something about his face i just can't dislike.

andrei-arshavin_1247718c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

SlickRic wrote: »
    he hammered 4 past us last year, the winner at anfield this year, and i still can't hate that little man.

it's something about his face i just can't dislike.

andrei-arshavin_1247718c.jpg

He looks like Wengers love child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What a signing for £12m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

So, tiny Russians are possible not the best people to ask random questions to?

Hmm. Will have to think about that.

Maybe I should ask Andrey.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just love this guy! The questions are good, but the answers are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

some serious quality in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Amazing, gotta love Arshavin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

haha, would like to hear a conversation between him and ibra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

A few more courtesy of Arsenal Mania and of course Arshavin....

2. From gooner
    Andrey, what do you think about Arsenal’s chances now?
    Arshavin: After winning this time we are on the direct road to the top. But sport is not always about fun. Aaron Ramsey has been seriously injured. I hope he’ll be all right.

3. From DenisGrafeev
    If Francesc Fabregas goes to another club, are you going to be a captain or it will be someone else? Answer me please.
    Arshavin: Someone else.

4. From LazerGirl
    Andrey, what do you think about the fans who leave the stadium before the end of the game, if the game is not good or their team is losing? Can they be called real fans? In my opinion, it’s not right. I think that the real fans should support their favorite team in any case.
    Arshavin: Of course, the support of the fans is important for football players. But when the fans leave the stadium, one can understand them; understand their feelings of frustration and resentment for the team.

5. From Nirosh
    Hello, I am a Canadian, and a big Arsenal fan. I checked out the Arsenal/Birmingham game last October at the Emirates. And you scored the 3rd goal. Being Canadian, and being a big hockey fan, how do you feel about the Canadians dismantling the Russians 7-3 in the quarterfinals at the Olympics? Go Arsenal!!!
    Regards,
    Nirosh
    Arshavin: How can one feel when the team he supports is losing?

8. Hi, Andrey, I love arsenal and helicopters. My friend, Steve, said that he met you once and he said you were very nice but you smelt of coffee. Do you like coffee? He also said that he held your hand. If I met you please could I hold your hand, I promise it will be no longer than for 3 minutes. LOVE FROM ANTHONY, 28 ENGLAND.
    Аrshavin: I don’t drink coffee at all.

9. Hi, Andrey, why do you do this finger to lips “shhh” celebration gesture?
    Arshavin: Once when we were playing abroad, local fans started shouting obscene remarks and tried to provoke our fans. I managed to score and I showed them this gesture. It became a habit after that.

11. From Kebes
    Have you ever felt like hitting a referee?
    Arshavin: Sometimes.

16. From Andrey090788
    Tell me please what has changed in your life with your move to Arsenal?
    Thanks in advance!
    Arshavin: I spend more time at home with my family, playing with my kids.

17. From lozenchik
    What do you think? Who plays better you or Igor Semshev?
    Arshavin: Is it Igor Semshev asking?

18. From Nata
    Hi! I’m curious what love means to you, and what you can do in the name of love? Thanks.
    Arshavin: You have touched a very delicate subject; it’s difficult for me to answer this one. I guess for every person it’s something different, something very personal. For me, the perception of love is on emotional level, rather than in words. My actions in the name of love are still ahead.

20. From sve70831372
    I am very pleased that you find time from your interesting life to answer our questions! Although not all of them ((( I was very disappointed when you did not answer me! Well, I’ll try again. I was wondering how come you find time to do so many things. You write books, play with children to raise money for charity, but also have a wife, kids, a household with all kinds of problems! How do you do this? Be honest! I’ll be waiting for your reply!! Sveta;)
    Arshavin: I keep on wondering myself

3. From vanilja
    Good afternoon, A gypsum hippopotamus in Zenit uniform (almost in human size) has been installed in the playground near our house today. Can I tell my kid that its name is Andrey? In your honor?
    Arshavin: Hippo? If it pleases your child, then feel free to do this, although I thought I was way slimmer then a hippo. : )))

14. From lambada
    Hi, Andrey, in what order would you place the following animals: a tiger, a cow, a pig, a horse, a sheep?
    Arshavin: A pig - it will always get the last place! A tiger, a cow, a horse, a sheep. And I’ll repeat that a pig is always the last one, because it is a pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

17 and the last one are excellent. I hereby retract all bad opinions i had about him having his personal hairdresser shipped over with him.

Hi Andrey! My name is Artem, I’ve been playing football since I was 8 years old and I want to become a professional footballer, but I'm not tall, so I have to run fast! How fast did you run a 30 meter or a 60 meter distance when you were 15?
    AA: I don’t remember.

What a specific question, and what a gloriously disinterested response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was reading some of these in Mary Hannigan's column in the Irish Times the other. Some really random/funny schtuff. :D
    ANDREY ARSHAVIN doesn’t quite seem exhilarated when he’s answering questions from his fans on his arshavin.eu website, more often than not responding to lengthy queries with a brief enough “no”. In fairness, though, some of his fans are, well, a bit funny peculiar.

“Hi Andrey, I love Arsenal and helicopters. My friend, Steve, said that he met you once and he said you were very nice but you smelt of coffee. Do you like coffee? He also said that he held your hand. If I met you please could I hold your hand, I promise it will be no longer than for 3 minutes. Love from Anthony, 28 England.” Arshavin: “I don’t drink coffee at all.”

Galinanaz, meanwhile, was “wondering whether these moving and changing advertising billboards on the pitch can distract from the game?” Arshavin: “No.” Kostea had no less an important question. “Andrey, how often do you eat onions or garlic?” Arshavin: “It happens sometimes.” Then there was “Lucky”. “Hi Andrey! You know I love football! And mostly because of you, I want to really thank you for that. What do you think about girls playing football?” Arshavin: “When girls like football, I think it’s ok. But I think that the level of women’s football is too low to take it seriously.” (That should go down well with the Arsenal women’s team, the most successful in England). McRussian piped in to ask if Andrey got to travel around Britain much, recommending that he visit Scotland. Arshavin: “Somehow I feel that we won’t go to Scotland even after my career is over.” Veizel, in the meantime, had a dietary query. “Hi! I’m overweight.What shall I do?” Arshavin: “Lose weight.”

Anybody see the interview he did with Football Focus a few weeks ago? He was asked what was the hardest thing about life in England and he said that one of the hardest things was having to get a bank account and not deal in cash. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I just posted an article in the Arsenal thread by Giles, he mentions his opinion on Arshavin, pretty bang on the money.

ANDREY ARSHAVIN doesn’t quite seem exhilarated when he’s answering questions from his fans on his arshavin.eu website, more often than not responding to lengthy queries with a brief enough “no”. In fairness, though, some of his fans are, well, a bit funny peculiar.

“Hi Andrey, I love Arsenal and helicopters. My friend, Steve, said that he met you once and he said you were very nice but you smelt of coffee. Do you like coffee? He also said that he held your hand. If I met you please could I hold your hand, I promise it will be no longer than for 3 minutes. Love from Anthony, 28 England.” Arshavin: “I don’t drink coffee at all.”

Galinanaz, meanwhile, was “wondering whether these moving and changing advertising billboards on the pitch can distract from the game?” Arshavin: “No.” Kostea had no less an important question. “Andrey, how often do you eat onions or garlic?” Arshavin: “It happens sometimes.” Then there was “Lucky”. “Hi Andrey! You know I love football! And mostly because of you, I want to really thank you for that. What do you think about girls playing football?” Arshavin: “When girls like football, I think it’s ok. But I think that the level of women’s football is too low to take it seriously.” (That should go down well with the Arsenal women’s team, the most successful in England). McRussian piped in to ask if Andrey got to travel around Britain much, recommending that he visit Scotland. Arshavin: “Somehow I feel that we won’t go to Scotland even after my career is over.” Veizel, in the meantime, had a dietary query. “Hi! I’m overweight.What shall I do?” Arshavin: “Lose weight.”

Well, the cheek of him. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

the horse/cow/pig one is one of those personality indicators. The order someone places the animals is supposed to reflect how he prioritises things.

Tiger = Pride
    Cow = Career
    Sheep = Love
    Horse = Family
    Pig = Money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

pwd wrote: »
    the horse/cow/pig one is one of those personality indicators. The order someone places the animals is supposed to reflect how he prioritises things.

Tiger = Pride
    Cow = Career
    Sheep = Love
    Horse = Family
    Pig = Money

Which one is for football? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Still don't like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

More Arshavin gold... I don't know whats funnier, his answers or the odd questions he gets asked..

http://arshavin.eu/news.php?id=520
    Andrey, why do you wear those long shorts? You do not like the former style? Short shorts made the slender legs more visible. Or maybe footballers’ figures became worse and they’ve developed a lot of complexes? And why do you shave you legs?
    Arshavin: I don’t shave my legs. As for the uniform, we wear what we are given.

Hi, what do you think about piercing?
    Arshavin: I disapprove of it.

Dear AA, having read your answers I’ve got the impression (perhaps I’m wrong) that you are bored of life!
    Sincerely, Africa
    Arshavin: I find life interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hello, Andrey!
    Thanks for your game!
    I would like to know whether you like cactuses.
    Thanks in advance ...
    Arshavin: They are prickly; I remember we had them in kindergarten. We also had some at home. I didn’t like them then and I don’t like them now.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Andrey, do you need apples? We’ve harvested a lot of them this year!
    My friends also have a lot of apples and they don’t take mine. But they are so tasty and sweet, especially “white juice”. It is a pity that they’ll go bad...

Arshavin: I love apples, but on the other hand, I think there are many other deserving people who will accept your apples.

Who are these people asking the questions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wondered if he was actually in on the joke of the silly questions being asked, but having watched that clip I'd say he is alright.

FearDark wrote: »

I love the way he laughs, his whole face scrunches up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Arshavin's humour >>>>> Jimmy Bullard's hyperactive ADHD sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Gotta love the little fella, he's got some classic interview quotes too..
    "If I had it in my power to introduce a ban on women driving cars and to withdraw all their licences, I would do it without thinking twice"
    "I like tall, slim girls with narrow thighs and tiny bums,"
    "If a girl is like this I do not pay attention to her breasts. Hair colour doesn’t matter either. What is really important is her style and manners."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love Arshavin. He seems to be like one of those computer programs you can ask questions to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

flahavaj wrote: »
    Arshavin's humour >>>>> Jimmy Bullard's hyperactive ADHD sh*te.

In your opinon obviously :p

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

that team mates interview is brill...

Whos the longest in the shower?

we got someone but i should not say....

*looks across *

i should say? Jack Wilshere

gotta love the bloke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Love the little guy as well.

And he makes a refreshing change from the scripted "Its a game of two halves" crap most other footballers come out with. But where have the people that ask those weird questions crawled out from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

deadtiger wrote: »
    Love the little guy as well.

And he makes a refreshing change from the scripted "Its a game of two halves" crap most other footballers come out with. But where have the people that ask those weird questions crawled out from?

In fairness I'm thinking of registering on his site to ask some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think the only term that sums up Arshavin is inscrutable. In a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

It only seems funny because its such a formal translation from the Russian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Andrey, how can one talk to you personally?
    Arshavin: Hi.

Hi Andrey! Please tell me, in your opinion, what is the most important thing for a footballer these days?
    Arshavin: I think the most important thing is a head, not only for a footballer but for any person.

Andrey, do you need apples? We’ve harvested a lot of them this year!
    My friends also have a lot of apples and they don’t take mine. But they are so tasty and sweet, especially “white juice”. It is a pity that they’ll go bad...
    Arshavin: I love apples, but on the other hand, I think there are many other deserving people who will accept your apples.

Andrey, would you like to take part in some TV show? (For example “Dancing on Ice”)?
    Arshavin: If I took part in this show, it should be renamed “A Cow on Ice".

Can A.A. jump out of my birthday cake?
    Arshavin: It’s unlikely; I'm a football player, not a minstrel or a clown.

I’ve already written you three letters but they haven’t been delivered...Well ... My name is Olga, I’m 13 years old. I go out for football and I’m your biggest fan..... Well, my dad does not allow me to play football but I want to…- Andrey, tell me what to do?
    Arshavin: Listen to your Dad.

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

"In the dressing room we love to dance, but most of all we do it Naked"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5 star thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Q:
    Do you use hair gel??? If you do what type do you use?? What's your favorite hairstyle??? I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ your hair?

AA:
    I don’t have an ad contract with any hair gel producer. I use water before the game. A lot depends on water chemical composition.

Q:
    I can run fast.i am a left striker.i run till the end of the field and then what should i do?the other strikers and midfielders dont run as fast as me after reachin there wat should i do?

AA:
    Just keep on running.

Q:
    Hi Andrey! I just wanted to ask, if your daughter decided that her dream was to play professional football, would you encourage/support her in this?

AA:
    I hope it will never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hello, Andrey! I am 12 years old. I'm your fan and I wear a jersey with your name on it. Please tell me how to learn to play football, without straining myself. I do not like physical exertion.
    Arshavin: It’ll be difficult for you.

Hi, Andrey! For many people it’s difficult to get up in the morning. And what about you? Do you get up right away or not? For example: An alarm clock rings. What do you do? Just get up or lie for a moment or two?
    Arshavin: When this vile little thing begins to ring in the morning, I get angry, turn it off and give myself one more minute.

Hi, Andrey. I have a friend, her name is Tamara Komarova. She insists that she is a friend of yours. Do you know this girl or she's just lying to look more interesting?
    Arshavin: No, I do not know her. You friend is bluffing :)))

Andrey, tell me please, what feelings did you experience before the game against Juventus when you met the eye of such a footballer as Alessandro Del Piero?
    Arshavin: I thought: Who was this guy shaking my hand before the game, I've already seen him somewhere ^)

Hello Andrey, I actually have the same question as one of your fans. Well, I like football and I would love to play, but I don’t have this opportunity as I live in Kurganskaya oblast, and there is no women's football here. What would you advise?
    Arshavin: Join dressmaking courses :)))))

Hello Andrey! I'm 13 years old and I fell in love with football this summer and decided to join the team...... if only I could persuade my mother ...... She says that football is not for women, that it will make my calves the sizes of two balls, and in general it will make me the size of a wardrobe............ but I think it’s all nonsense! Could you tell me what are the advantages of playing football?
    Arshavin: Ask your mom, it seems she knows what she’s talking about :)))

Hi, my name is Nastya. I’m almost 14 years old, I like you very, very much, because you are very, very handsome and play football like no one else. I think of you all the time, write poems about you and love you very very much! What should I do?
    Arshavin: Homework! :)

Hi, Andrey! I’ve got a question for you: I’ve seen TV reports about speed eating contests (for example, in Germany they eat hot dogs and wash them down with beer). Would you dare to speed-eat a lot of chocolate cakes?
    Sincerely, Lena
    Arshavin: I can afford to buy a lot of chocolate cakes and eat them calmly, without any fuss and contests at home ;)

Do you like to ride? How about dragging a sledge?
    Arshavin: It’s better to have a ride, of course :)

Hi, Andrey!
    You will probably be able to help a person who didn’t think much about football before Euro 2008. I’m really interested: How does UEFA decide how many clubs and from what countries will participate in the Champions League, and how many will take part in the UEFA Cup? And another question: What is the principle of awarding points to countries in the FIFA rankings?
    Arshavin: I think that Internet has all the answers to these questions.

HELLO ANDREY! It’s the second time I write to you. I want to know how I can see you.
    Arshavin: With your eyes ;)

Hi Andrey, I'm in 8th grade and our teacher forbids us to play football with boys, and if we start playing he makes fun of us and mocks the guys. Has it ever happened to you or we just have a jerk of a teacher?
    P.S.: Thanks in advance for your reply (Rimma)
    Arshavin: No, it has never happened to me. We were allowed to play football with boys :)

Andrey! Who is your favorite football player? Mine - Andrey Arshavin.
    Arshavin: And mine too ;))))

How many goals will Andrey Arshavin score at Arsenal, if he is given 150 assists? I'll answer myself: 3 times more!
    Arshavin: The concept of an assist implies that one scores after this pass. Therefore, I’ll answer 150, although, well, I’ll be more modest - 148, once or twice I’ll hit the bar.

Andrey, how does it feel to score a goal?
    Arshavin: Well, let’s say, it’s like having an ice-crea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

After he helped Russia's successful bid I went to his site and it turns out he has a new batch of questions up from late November. Some gems in there as usual...
    1. From forvard23
    Hello Andrey! Are you going to prolong your contract with Arsenal when it expires? And do you have friends in Arsenal?
    AA: One should think in advance about such things. As a Russian proverb has it: "Prepare your sledge in the summer time» I’m on good terms with everybody in Arsenal.

2. From Queen
    What do you think about astrology?
    AA : I consider it a science.

3. From liverpool89
    Good Morning! The question is - when you were back in Zenit, what foreign championship did you like, follow? 2. What stadium is the most difficult to play at in the Premier League, apart from the big four and Tottenham?
    AA: England. Spain. Hard to say, not only away games turn out to be difficult.

4. From Grishazltykh
    Hi! I definitely like your game, Andrey! But tell me who you are??
    AA.: A person.

5. From Doctorwolf
    Hello Andrey. Tell me, what kind of emotions did you feel at your very first Arsenal training? Was it hard – a new team, new people, a new country?
    AA: I couldn’t believe that I joined Arsenal. It was very cold, I hadn’t been training for 10 days, it was hard. The training session was very long and intensive. I felt very tired afterwards.

6. From Sibir96
    Hello, Andrey! What helps you on the pitch?
    AA.: Teammates.

7. From XERIAM
    Hello Andrey, where do you live in London? I live in North-West London, Harrow-on-the-Hill. I’ve seen you in the Russian Orthodox Church not long ago. I wish you success in football and family happiness!
    AA: Yes, you could see me there. We try to visit the Russian church.

8. From IBRAHIMOVIX10
    Arsene Wenger sets much store on the young players. But who can you personally point out in the squad?
    AA It’s not my job to point out. But one can’t deny the fact that Arsenal has brought together young and talented guys from all over the world

9. From ponedelkow
    Hello, Andrey.Thanks for your beautiful football, tell me how to buy a jersey with your number. Don’t leave the left flank – it’s yours.
    AA: There is information about this on the site. I’ll be shifting a bit sometimes, okay?

10. From Sergeich
    Hi Andrey! Can you speak English? Thank you in advance.
    AA: I live in England. So I have to communicate in English. Every day I try to memorize some new words and expressions. I also take lessons. I should work on my pronunciation. For example, Artyom, as some of my friends say, has already got a London accent. Julia spends a lot of time studying the language. She studied German at school and at the University, so she had to start from the very beginning here.

11. From SvetlanaQi
    Hi, Andrey))) I have a question: Is it true that you play better in winter time than in summer? Do you like winter --- when the white, white snow is falling down?
    Thank you very much! Good luck)))
    AA: I didn’t usually play in winter time before I came to England. I like it when the soft, gentle snow is falling down and crunches under the feet, and when it’s no more than -5 degrees outside.

12. From Mitriy
    Hello, Andrey. Tell me please, whether you are going to stay abroad? Do you find today's Russia interesting? Do you have any native values, or it’s all the same to you? Thank you.
    AA: I don’t see myself living anywhere abroad after my career is over. It’s hard for me to adjust to the life outside my country. Russia is my native country, so I follow the Russian news every day. I’m interested in everything that happens at home.

13. From KAtoK11
    Andrey, do you like fishing?
    AA: No. But I wouldn’t mind to catch a golden fish.

14. From Julashka
    Andrey, would you like to become a president?)))) Thank you in advance for your reply :)
    AA: No

15. From Mishanya232
    How can I be sure that I am communicating with the real Arshavin?
    AA: Just believe in it.

16. From McRussian
    Andrey, I once asked you whether you are planning to visit the country of the kilt-clad men)). By the way, thanks for your reply! Here is what I want to ask you this time: I do running (on an amateur level)). You, as I understand, also make daily runs. Tell me how much do you run on an average day? And one more ... You certainly stick to the sports diet. What are the main parameters?
    Regards, Andrey
    AA: I jog 3 km a day before training.

17. From Erden1981
    Andrey, how did Julia react to the fact that she was among the 50 most beautiful footballers’ wives?
    AA: I guess she wasn’t happy with the place she occupied.

18. From Vladlena1
    How is your mood? :)
    AA: After the recent events, not very good.

19. From Ta2525
    Hello. How are your kids? Do they communicate with their English peers??
    AA: Of course, they go to school and kindergarten.

20. From Moonray
    Andrey, don’t tuck your T-shirt in, before coming out on the pitch? It suits you better)))))
    AA.: Even in my school, I was taught to be neat when coming out on the pitch. Back then you could earn a yellow card for a T-shirt hanging over your shorts.

21. From Olga22Rus
    Hello Andrey! 1) Do you like the English language? 2) Are you proud that you are Russian? 3) Please name one of your favorite music bands or singers?
    AA: 1. Yes. 2. Yes, I am proud that I am Russian. When I moved abroad, I started feeling this even stronger.

22. From MrNao1
    Hi Andrey! I want to make a career as a football player, I was born in 1998, everybody says that I am playing well for my age, in my home town I even play for 1996. What can I do to improve my game?
    AA: Exercise more and listen to the coach.

23. From Azverin
    Andrey, hello from the Gunner! Tomorrow, September 11, my girlfriend flies back here, I haven’t seen her for 2 months and her birthday is on Sept. 14. I’ll be meeting her at the Vnukovo airport at the time of the game against Bolton. It’ll be a great present for her if you could write on your T-shirt "He is ready for everything for you, Nastia! " If you score, show it to the viewers! We are 23 years old and I believe in miracles. Of course, this is unrealistic, but I’ll be grateful to you for the rest of my life.
    AA: If I had written this, Julia would not have understood.

24. From student23
    Hi, Andrey! I’ve made 3 stakes that you’d score, but you never did…I have lost 25 000 ...
    AA: Damn, and I was thinking why I couldn’t score for so long.

25. From zigano
    Andrey , What’s the scar on your head? On the left side. Was it Julia’s work by any chance?
    AA: It was from meeting Gallas. Only I'm surprised that it can be seen.

26. From DANcskakor12
    Andrey, would you like to play for CSKA?
    AA.: No

27. From Kekcukoyl
    Andrey, I admire the way you see the pitch and read the game! Could you give me some tips on how I can learn this? Thanks in advance!
    AA: One should stop racing around :) Then it will make you see the pitch and read the game!:))))

28. From ARSENALA
    Hello Andrey, I’ve heard that you were hit by a car when you were a kid. How did it happen?
    AA: Yes, it is true. I ran across the street in front of a tram and did not notice a car. When it hit me, I fell hitting my head on the asphalt. What car was it? They say it was a Lada. The driver didn’t stop and drove away from the scene.

29. From SergAguero
    Hi, Andrey! Strange as it is but we have the same laugher. I want to ask you a question: how often do you laugh on the football pitch and outside of it! Thank you for your attention!
    AA: Outside- yes, on - no.

30. From Malvinadf
    If suddenly one day you woke up as a girl, what would you do? : D
    AA: I would flee from my bed as fast as possible without opening my eyes....

31. From langraf
    Andrey, at your age in order to be in top shape you should definitely do yoga.
    A.A: Yes, we have yoga lessons at Arsenal, once every two or three weeks. These lessons are given by a woman. Only I’ve never managed to get to these lessons.

32. From STEPANALFA
    Hi Andrey. Why did you hit Ballack in the match against Germany?
    AA: It wasn’t really a hit. Why? He was fouling a lot.

33. From Moonray
    Hi, Andrey! Who do you think you were in your previous life? And who do you want to be in the next one?
    AA: Who? Pele

34. From Moonray
    Hi, Andrey! I live very far away, in Turkmenistan, Ashgabat.
    There is no chance here to get your autograph. And it dawned on me; maybe you can write me a couple of words here. My name is Natasha. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks in advance ;)
    AA Good luck, Natasha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

1. From DavidBeckham
    Hello Andrey. I’d like to ask you an obvious question that you’ve probably heard more than once before. Do you know a football player (who plays football now or played it in the past), who plays (played) football just like you, or a footballer you want to play like? I personally play in David Beckham’s style, I am not his idol, although I like the way he plays. He can kick the ball diagonally 40-80 meters away right at his teammate’s feet, though of course it is not everything he can do. Thanks in advance for your reply! Good luck in the English championship!
    Arshavin
    : You are not Beckham’s idol? :)

2. From Beka
    Hello Andrey! Is it true that after the match against Hull City, Fabregas spat in the Hull City coach assistant’s face?
    Arshavin
    : No

3. From vikafly7
    Do you like to star in commercials?
    Arshavin
    : It’s interesting.

4. From 19garik78
    Hello Andrey. My name is Garik. I want to ask you something. I date a girl who is your big fan and admires you very much. She said she’d agree to marry me if I got her a photo, a poster or something like this with your autograph. If it’s not too difficult for you, could you please send me something? I’d be grateful for the rest of my life. Thank you in advance. My address, Stavropol region, Mineralnye Vody Lermontova str., 23.
    Arshavin
    : Are you sure you won’t regret it? :)

5. From Madinka
    Hi Andrey, why don’t you answer me? That’s OK, I hope you at least read my letters... here is a question: You used to put number 10 near your signature. Do you put 23 now?
    Arshavin
    : Yes.

6. From NikeMercurial
    Hello! What shall I do to stop worrying when I come out on the pitch? When I play I often get confused ... I beg you - give me advice !!! You'll help me a lot, thanks in advance and good luck to you.
    Arshavin
    : Stop worrying :)

7. From desjatij
    Andrey, since you became a famous player, your life has certainly changed. Tell me, does it bore you to give interviews and answer numerous questions on your site? I’m sure that when you go out for a walk in Saint Petersburg or any other city, people recognize you and say “It is THE Arshavin” . Do you like it that people recognize you, you are talked about, you became an idol for many teenagers or you miss the times when you were inconspicuous among others?
    Arshavin
    : I like it that I’m less recognized on the streets of London than at home.

8. From Svetaslavna
    Hello, how much does it cost to support your web-site? Thank you.
    Arshavin
    : We are self-sufficient.

9. From vladlaros
    Hi, Andrey! What time do you go to bed in London and what time do you get up?
    Arshavin
    : I go to bed around midnight, and get up at eight in the morning.

10. From dominion
    What kind of feelings do you experience coming out on the crowded Emirates Stadium?
    Arshavin
    : Pleasant feelings.

11. From ZhenOK
    Andrey , how did you learn to manage the ball so masterfully?
    Arshavin
    : I’ve been socializing with the ball for quite a while and we became friends :) But seriously, this is by nature.

12. From adar7
    My girlfriend has very touching feeling towards your butt, how have you managed to achieve such a result, share your secret, she also likes your arms and legs!
    Arshavin
    : I got it from my parents. Doesn’t she pay any attention to your coxofemoral joints and limbs? ;)

13. From kutsanVlad
    Hi Andrey! A friend of my dad works with your mom))) Can I get your autograph somehow? ... Thanks A LOT in advance!! I’ve been supporting Zenit all my life thanks to you! THANK YOU !!!!!!
    Arshavin
    : It’s possible. Even if a friend of your father had never worked with my mom.

14. From IrishA108
    Hello, Andrey! Would you like now, living in London, to be invited for a cup of English tea by the Queen of Great Britain? Thank you. P.S. Good luck! Be happy!
    Arshavin
    : I would like it.
    The guy is a genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

"Doesn’t she pay any attention to your coxofemoral joints and limbs?"

What a hero :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haha brilliant again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Anyone else see his fake crying at the WC Presentation bid - classic

Advertisement