Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama in Drimnagh last night?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone know what on earth was happening in Kilworth Road last night? Up the canal end there were garda in full get up and they were searching cars... scary stuff!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They were looking for the body of a Scottish girl who went missing a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jane78

In full riot gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I presume they thought the perpetraitors were assumed to be heavily armed and dangerous.

Most likely a checkpoint targeting people involved in organised crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Get used to it, happily the check-points seemed to have moved way from my area up to Drimnagh and Crumlin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Get used to it, happily the check-points seemed to have moved way from my area up to Drimnagh and Crumlin.

Yep, they set up shop on my road recently. No more evening time solo practice spins round the estate in my car for me :(

cosmic wrote: »
    Yep, they set up shop on my road recently. No more evening time solo practice spins round the estate in my car for me :(

If the checkpoints are anything like the one described here then I don't think they will be interested in your L driving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement