Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL database running from 64bit machine - Can this DB be used on a 32bit?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,
    As per title we are trying to setup a backup of this sql DB - the DB currently runs off a 64bit machine. We keep getting module load errors on management console relating to xpstar90.dll - MS don't seem to have released any information as to what exactly this module does. We have checked the normal things like permissions.

We have tried reinstalling sql on this 32bit machine and are still getting the errors. The DB restored fine though last night! Are the 64bit vs. 32bit running issues handled via os only though or does it extend into the DB?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Should be fine (and I have done as much). Are the two SQL Servers the same version (SP level etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭irlforum

Yes they are both the same version. Thanks for the info anyway - at least I've ruled out the cause being the DB from a 64bit.

This is and old machine back online from before - if I had my way I would have installed windows from scratch. Might have to do that. Damn MS - if this was linux I'd be able to find out what this stupid module it's referring to actually does.

Advertisement