Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Shepard advice

Options
  • 12-03-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody has any expierience with these dogs. I have a 15 month old Sib Husky and am looking for some company for him, we had another dog but she has left with her owner now and his playfull nature is missing the company. I've alwasy loved German Shepards having known a few growing up and I always wanted one. I've researched a good bit into the breed and myself and girlfriend think we want a white shepard. She won't have the black and tan shepard as she was attacked by one when young and they scare her, strangely she's fine with the white shepard as he looks like our husky so we have met half way I guess.

So i'm wondering if someone can tell me what they think of this breed, are they extremely similar to standard Shepards, are they prone to any health problems, temperment etc? Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Hi There,

I'm certainly no expert but have a six month old white Shepherd who is actually being neutered as we speak (nerves are gone worrying!). Her best friend at the moment is my sisters four month old Huskie, they get on great :D

White Shepherds are the same breed as "standard" shepherds so I dont see why there should be any difference in health or temperment. With that in mind, if you do some research on German Shepherds or even searches on this forum the information you find should apply.

Anyway, as I said Im no expert but there are people here who have a wealth of knowledge and will be able to help you out with advice.

Best of luck and dont forget to post pics if you do go ahead!

Advertisement