Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grooveshark on Android

• 12-03-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use this? I downloaded the app the other night, but you have to be a VIP Grooveshark user in order to use the app - but i don't want to sign up to Grooveshark without seeing if the app works first!

Does it work? Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

I have it a while now, and think its great. It works very well. It has the following issues.

1. Crashes occasionaly (rare).
    2. 'Make available offline' feature does not work when app is restarted - will be fixed in new release apparantley.
    3. The odd song (very rare) is not playable on mobile (due to some encoding issues, which is also due to be ironed out apparantley.)

I think its great value (less than €3 per month) especially if they keep improving the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

What phone do you have - dont wanna pay and then findit doesnt work on my phone! Altho think i might just pay anyway...

Ended up getting the VIP pass. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

only thing with grooveshark is that it's of questionable legaility as the site has hardly any rights (bar EMI and some other smaller record labels) to any of the music it streams and could be shut down. I use spotify instead, great little app. A lot more expensive I know, but at least some of the money goes to the artist..

smackyB wrote: »
    only thing with grooveshark is that it's of questionable legaility as the site has hardly any rights (bar EMI and some other smaller record labels) to any of the music it streams and could be shut down. I use spotify instead, great little app. A lot more expensive I know, but at least some of the money goes to the artist..

Ye i'd absolutely use Spotify....if it was available in Ireland! Until then i'll use Grooveshark, assuming they don't get shut donw...

• Advertisement
Advertisement