Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga feat Beyonce "Telephone" Music Video

Options
  • 12-03-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

its heeeere! my verdict? it is wierd, wonderful, full of hidden meaning and every bit as epic as you would expect.

and they say the music video is dead!!

What does everyone else think?

You gotta love anything that features the pu**y wagon:p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

What a pile of steaming ****. Director obviously loves Quentin Tarantino.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

thebanana wrote: »
    What a pile of steaming ****. Director obviously loves Quentin Tarantino.

art is subjective i suppose :confused:

Well that was pretty dire,Jonas Akerlunds videos are usually brilliant too...must be Lady Gaga's input to blame

Apart from the Tarantino influence,I couldn't help but notice the video was awfully similar to this one too...

Well that was pretty dire,Jonas Akerlunds videos are usually brilliant too...must be Lady Gaga's input to blame

Apart from the Tarantino influence,I couldn't help but notice the video was awfully similar to this one too...

a little similiar but vastly different as well.

i thought the direction was superb and visually, it was nothing short of stunning. the video itself was one of the most creative ones that i have seen on a while.

the deliberately obvious product placment and cheesy one liners were genius. i just love how she took a relatively straight forward song and turned it into something much deeper and darker.

good music videos are few and far between nowadays and Gaga is a breathoof fresh air IMO, and always impresses.

i'd love to know what ye didnt enjoy about it exactly, every review ive read online has been raving about it, as have my friends that have watched it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

how about ALL that product placement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Interesting.

almost 3.4 million views in less than 24 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Why's she always poisoning people, she even has Beyoncé doin it now!
    That's just rude

and haha @ Beyoncés disappearing (then reappearing) hat

I was pretty underwhelmed by this, but spose its good that someones puttin some sort of effort into music videos nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

I love it GAGA is nuts and very creative.....could do with a bit more dancing.. beyonce is a bit boring in comparasion to GAGA but overall loved it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I usually love Jonas Åkerlund's videos and this was interesting enough until GaGa left the prison then it went totally títs up IMO.

This is one of his better videos:

His movie 'Spun' isn't the best though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Must say I'm not a fan of this video... everything seemed a bit obvious or something. Odd outfits - par for the course with Gaga, everything else has been kinda done to death. For such an innovator I thought all the ideas were very cliched. Maybe that was the idea.

Really it's one of those things where you nearly need to read the director's notes to see what he was getting at, maybe I just didn't get the subtext.

The product placement was painful. If it was meant to be that obvious then what purpose was it serving in the greater scheme of things, plus it's possible to allude to such stuff without placing actual products.

Rather mediocre song, so much so that I didn't really notice it with the video going on. Without the video the song is just a b-side, with the video the song will no doubt be all over clubs and the radio but it's a definite decline in quality for Gaga.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Oh look Gaga and Beyonce collaborate. Thank God, I mean maybe now they can finally get some exposure :rolleyes:

Her music videos are really starting to venture into the overly bizarre. What started out as trying to be creative has now turned into quite the farce e.g cigarette-rimmed glasses (enough with the completely random, 'look at me' stuff Lady GaGa. Yes, you're weird and "edgy", we get it)

While 'Papparazzi' (the video) was not bad, long music videos are definitely not her fortay. Michael Jackson she ain't.

The new Ok Go video is far superior and more creative IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Ehh whats wrong with ye all? this video is epic!

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Ehh whats wrong with ye all? this video is epic!

THANK YOU!!!!
    "You know what they say..once you kill a cow you gotta make a burger"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I watched, really not wanting to like it, but i did. Love or hate GaGa, at least she's interesting and creative. And Beyonce's knockers looked fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

'I told you she didn't have a dick' :pac:

'Trust is like a mirror you can fix it if it's broke but you can always see the crack in that mother ****ers reflection ........'

How can any one not love the Gaga?

Althought I noticed in that video, she is getting very skinny. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Best video of this decade, so far. ;)

"I told you she didn't have a dick..."

In fairness, what other kind of a person could come up with such a video? Who else gets their video's banned from being shown on music channels? :pac: I think this video should be praised, not criticized. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A lot of work to hide a duff track

it gets even better the more you watch it :p also, i love "paper gangsta" again now

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    In fairness, what other kind of a person could come up with such a video? Who else gets their video's banned from being shown on music channels? :pac:

In fairness Lady GaGa is not really breaking down any barriers here. Richard D James (Aphex Twin) & Chris Cunningham were making visually amazing/original/controversial music videos over 10 years ago. Plus music videos directed by Hype Williams were much more creative back the mid/late 90's and the likes of The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" was way more controversial (also in the 90's).

But I do applaud her for making a very creative video and trying to do something different.

• Advertisement

Raekwon wrote: »
    In fairness Lady GaGa is not really breaking down any barriers here. Richard D James (Aphex Twin) & Chris Cunningham were making visually amazing/original/controversial music videos over 10 years ago. Plus music videos directed by Hype Williams were much more creative back the mid/late 90's and the likes of The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" was way more controversial (also in the 90's).

But I do applaud her for making a very creative video and trying to do something different.

i think he meant nowadays :) dont see much of it in these times really, people dont wanna risk not getting played on the music channels etc.. means they make less money!!

i think he meant nowadays :) dont see much of it in these times really, people dont wanna risk not getting played on the music channels etc.. means they make less money!!

That's true but the whole video won't get played on the music channels anyway, it will start when the song starts, so the "I told you she had no d**k, lesbian kissing, fight in the prison cell" won't be aired. The same happened to Aphex Twin's "Widow Licker", it was another 10 minute video but on MTV, VH1, BET etc the video started when the song started so the 4 minute build-up (and controversial bits) were cut out to fill a 5 minute slot.

But my point still remains, check out some of Busta Rhymes or Missy Elliot videos directed by Hype Williams from the late 90's & early 00's and compare their style & creativeness to "Telephone".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Visually and aurally painful.

At least it will hopefully reduce the frequency with which I visit nightclubs, which is always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

what is it with lady gaga and beyonce.they had a track called "videophone" and now this "telephone".are they going to bring out another over-produced club ditty called "fax-machine" next?can they possibly sex up a fax machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

So what does this video have to do with telephones then?

Also, holy crap Gaga is emaciated. Pic related (probably NSFW)

Mindkiller wrote: »
    So what does this video have to do with telephones then?

Also, holy crap Gaga is emaciated. Pic related (probably NSFW)

quite scrawny lookin alright.. she probably shoudve eaten all that sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Gaga is fakeness personified (seen her on Jonathan Ross twice and she's so plastic its incredible), a poor example for the young and muscially ambitious people out there today. If she wasn't such an attention seeking whore she might be someway likeable.

grenache wrote: »
    Gaga is fakeness personified (seen her on Jonathan Ross twice and she's so plastic its incredible), a poor example for the young and muscially ambitious people out there today. If she wasn't such an attention seeking whore she might be someway likeable.

:rolleyes: a poor example? here is a woman who worked her butt off for years, struggling to make it. she writes all her own songs, always sings live, is unbelievably dedicated to her fans and always strives to put on an amazing show.

She is the DEFINITION of inspiration... but yeah i get shes popular so its not "cool" to like her..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

She is the DEFINITION of inspiration... but yeah i get shes popular so its not "cool" to like her..

The "Definition of inspiration"? I don't mind her, in fact I quite enjoy a couple of her songs but that's a massive step too far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

The musical facists are out in force today.....love or hate ga ga IMO that was an epic video...The prison scene was brilliant (albeit strangely arousing).

Ga Ga is daring in a period that has just mass produced mundane female soloists. Fierce and weird.

I'm not going to go out and buy her album or anything but I can see what all the hype is about. Incredibly catchy and fun.

Advertisement