Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga feat Beyonce "Telephone" Music Video

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I'm not really a fan of pop music and I only watched the video as a result of the media controversy it attracted. But um, I liked the video (I don't think people are meant to like it but I'm not sure why?!) and I found it entertaining because it's different to the normal stuff that female pop artists normally churn it. Nothing special or amazing but it held my attention for it's originality, moreso than a pop video normally (or ever) would.

I don't get what's so shocking about it though. Genuinely. I mean yeah there are scantily clad females but um, where isn't there these days? Or is it the prison setting? Maybe I'm missing something because I'm sure people are well aware by now that women aren't all nice ladies who mind babies and drink tea all day :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I don't like the video. I don't "get" it. I actually love the song and think the video doesn't do much for it. The video for Videophone was a lot better, btw.

Sometimes long videos with stories are good. For this one, I don't think so. It just seems too confused and it feels like it wants to be too different just for the sake of being different. The more I think about it, I'm convinced it's meant to be a really bad job.

I don't get what's so edgy about it. The lesbian kiss (although, the actor is androgynous and I found it hard to tell if it's a man or a woman)? Katy Perry had a song about that out a few years ago and Madonna and Britney kissed at an awards show before. The scantily-clad women? Nothing new there. The women's prison? Meh.

I like Lady Gaga's music but her media persona is annoying. She seems to always make a point about sex and dressing bizarrely. She seems to think she is the only person who ever has, does or will be like that. That's not true, she's just getting boring and more annoying at this point. This video just seems to be an extension of that. I don't see anything creative about her persona, I think she just does for the sake of being different and drawing more attention to herself, which succeeds, in fairness.

Advertisement