Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday March 13th, a day the city celebrates for the right reason

Options
  • 12-03-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow should be a great day for Limerick, predictions say up to 50,000 are going to watch the fireworks and a further 15,000 in the immediate surrounding areas, open air gigs in the city, face painters, fireworks with music to match..all live on national tv..something good for Limerick for a change, hopefully more of these events will be brought to the city, maybe once a month or something, something that everyone else can look on and go..cool, Limerick is actually a really fun place to go to, people having a few beers watching bands playing, followed by fireworks, then head to a pub or club..why? to celebrate our city..why not? a modern festival city that likes to party

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Can't wait :) I'd say it'll be a great evening! hope the weather stays nice. Where'll be the best spot to take it all in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I hear Arthurs Quay would be a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'll be on my roof anyway.
    Should have a great view.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A dry evening would be great tomorrow night. Am expecting a really good firework display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

doesn't say what time the fireworks are actually starting at - anyone got a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would imagine not long after 19:30, as the tv coverage starts at 19:30 and ends at 20:30

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Awesome ,finishing work 8pm tomoro.Traffic from Castletroy to Clonmacken will be a disaster Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

Awesome ,finishing work 8pm tomoro.Traffic from Castletroy to Clonmacken will be a disaster Id say

Forget about it!! All the bridges are closed!!

But it should be brilliant tomorrow nite, saw them testing lights on the castle earlier and it looked class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

RINO87 wrote: »
    Forget about it!! All the bridges are closed!!

But it should be brilliant tomorrow nite, saw them testing lights on the castle earlier and it looked class!!

I hope your'e messing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I have a feeling that tonight could be a disaster planning wise.

Have they temporary car parks set up anywhere? Any advice issued on where people should go to to watch the fireworks? A match in Thomond Park brings the city to a standstill traffic wise and only has a capacity of 27k, what's it going to be like with 50k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I hope your'e messing.

Looks like the "new" bridge will still be open
    12 March 2010
    Limerick people can get a taster of what the National Lottery Skyfest has in store with some testing of the fireworks taking place this evening.
    Over 1 and a half tonnes of fireworks will be used during the half hour show, which will be broadcast live on RTE television, ahead of the Lotto draw from Arthur's Quay Park.
    Around 50,000 people are expected on the streets of the city to watch the display, with a major traffic plan being implemented by Gardaí.
    Roads around King John's Castle and along with quays will be closed from 6.00pm tomorrow, while Thomond and Sarsfield Bridges will also be closed to traffic.
    Susan Kirby CEO of the National St Patrick's Festival says everything is in place for the massive fireworks display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Roads around King John's Castle and along with quays will be closed from 6.00pm tomorrow, while Thomond and Sarsfield Bridges will also be closed to traffic.

there should have been more of this (warnings) on the media.

Advertisement