Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on dress for wedding - Asos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

Hey,

Cant help you with the sizes I'm afraid, I never ordered off asos but I'm sure somebody on boards can help you with that.

Number 5 is my favorite, I think its real cute! Also 4 aswell in the back colour. I'm not mad bout 1 and 3. I think 2 is nice aswell.

In order of preference for me would be

5, 4, 2, 1 and then 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

I have been using asos for bout 3 years now and I cant fault them.
    Have to say I perfer the top 3. One of the dresses are lipsy which you could try on size wise in a shop that stocks lipsy and then order online.

If I order the dress on a monday it gets to me the following monday. I havent had to send back too many dresses. Maybe 2 out of 20. Many people ask me how do I know if it'll fit me but you have a fair idea what style and shape suits you. I'm a size 10 on top and a size 10 - 12 on bottom. If the dress is very short I'll order the 12 but if not I'll order the 10. And its no problem sending them back. I'd just order you favourite 2 or three. You've got loads of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

number 2! love it. want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

I love love love the second one,have been looking at that myself for a wedding I have comin up!! I ordered 2 dresses from asos recently, I'm an 8 so the first I got in an 8 and it was perfect, the second I thought looked like a tight fit so I got a size 10, it fits but I could have gotten away with an 8, I would go for whatever size you usually are in a dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're all really nice dresses, but the one thing that comes to mind is that they're all a bit short for a wedding (to me at least). 1 and 4 are the nicest to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think number 2 looks wrong for a wedding. It's the type of dress that would have people talking in the wrong sort of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

I love numbers 1 and 5. But I do agree they might be a little more on the "night out" side than on the wedding side in terms of length. At a push I'd prob go for No. 1. Really lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I just bought dress number 2
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Mesh-One-Shoulder-Body-Con-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=989978&cid=8857&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black
    It arrived Monday, I ordered a size 10 but it is def a small size ten, i was so happy it fit. It's a lovely dress, the material was nice and fit is good, im wearing it for a night out for my birthday but i think it could be worn to a weding too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

2 and 5 are gorgeous! If you have the legs for them, then I dont see why not! Team them with good accessories and perhaps a nice coat. Look at the recommended accessories for each dress and you could really dress it up!

As for the sizes, I know the Asos brand can be a bit more generous than expected. im a 14 in everything but usually when I order 14 from them, the stuff works out too big [Great for the self esteem :D]

As for lispy, i think they arnt too bad with sizes, they're pretty much dead on, but if the wedding is soon enough, you'd be as well off to order it now in case you need to return for a bigger/smaller size

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

lezizi wrote: »
    I just bought dress number 2
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Mesh-One-Shoulder-Body-Con-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=989978&cid=8857&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black
    It arrived Monday, I ordered a size 10 but it is def a small size ten, i was so happy it fit. It's a lovely dress, the material was nice and fit is good, im wearing it for a night out for my birthday but i think it could be worn to a weding too.

Yep I definitely think this could be worn for a wedding. and I'm 5 ft and a size 8 and I look ridiculous in dresses much longer than my knee, I just look lost in them, and I've been to alot of weddings in the last few years where that length was the length worn by pretty much everyone under 30, which I am!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Really like 2 and 5 and think either would be good for a wedding. I found asos can be small fitting tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

1 and 4 in my opinion.

Number 2 is stunning. Definitely suitable for a wedding.

Sizes for Asos brand clothing can be a little on the small side. Lipsy, I find the opposite, I find them a little on the big side!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

1 and 4 are both very pretty and feminine. Number 2 looks very cheap and trashy imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Number 4 is just superb, very elegant and smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Number one or five. Best bet is number one because its not actually white.

The material in 4 is awful in real life.

Sizes wise, youre normal size in lipsy should be fine. In asos own brand get a size smaller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

dudara wrote: »
    They're all really nice dresses, but the one thing that comes to mind is that they're all a bit short for a wedding (to me at least). 1 and 4 are the nicest to me.

Thats what I was kinda afraid of..
    fend wrote: »
    2 and 5 are gorgeous! If you have the legs for them, then I dont see why not!

I am size 8/10 but only short (5 4) so long dresses are out of the question I just look ridiculous.
    The material in 4 is awful in real life.

I kinda thought that, would show up every lump and bump! Wanna be comfy, its a long day and after a feed dont have the belly showing!!

Thanks for all the opinions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If you're ordering from asos try voucher code ASOSIMAGE - I used it last night and got 20% off my order, a nice little saving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I am size 8/10 but only short (5 4) so long dresses are out of the question I just look ridiculous.

Not to take this off topic but you are not short, you are average height for a woman. And women of any height can look good in the right long dress.

Advertisement