Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gil Scott Heron - Tripod, 2nd May 2010

Options
  • 12-03-2010 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

His new album is fantastic. Can't wait to see him live.

From pod.ie:

GIL SCOTT HERON

02 May 2010

Tripod

...with his band Amnesia Express

Doors 8pm

Tickets €25.50/32.50 incl bk fee

CHECK TICKET AVAILABILITY

Iconic American poet, author, and singer-songwriter GIL SCOTT-HERON is set for a headline show at TRIPOD on Sunday May 2nd- his first Dublin show since 2000's sold out event at Vicar St.

Without doubt one of the most important voices in 20th Century music, Scott-Heron returns following the release last month of the incredible "I'm New Here", his first album in 13 years.

Scott-Heron will also be taking part in a spoken word discussion on Saturday 1st May is part of the Mindfield Festival. Further details to be announced.

**Tickets on sale now**

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

cheers dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cool_jerk

Lookin forward to this but his new album is crapola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

cool_jerk wrote: »
    Lookin forward to this but his new album is crapola

I beg to differ, the new album is excellent. That Robert Johnson cover is one of the best tracks of the year so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I beg to differ, the new album is excellent. That Robert Johnson cover is one of the best tracks of the year so far.

I agree completely. Album's a big grower.

Saw the big guy last night and he is a very funny man.

Loved the gig last night, but thought in places the solo's just went on a little too long. But for a man of his age he really killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

lordgoat wrote: »
    I agree completely. Album's a big grower.

Saw the big guy last night and he is a very funny man.

Loved the gig last night, but thought in places the solo's just went on a little too long. But for a man of his age he really killed.

Are we the same person? I was going to post the very same thing.

Great gig, only quibble being the odd solo that went on too long and I would have loved to hear Me and the Devil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement