Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expected price to pay for a second hand 5d mk1

• 12-03-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I was calling by a certain shop today (don't want to say where in case this is taken) and saw a 5d mark1 second hand going for 1050.

I would be really tempted to buy this because I'm really looking at going full frame.

Question is , whether this is a good bargain or not.

Let me know

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Seems a bit much to me. It depends on its condition, shutter actuations, cosmetic damage, warranty etc....
    A friend of mine got one second hand last year for €900 I think through adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

while I didn't get to actually hold the camera, it looked like it was in very good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Go the whole way and buy the Mk11 new.
    Canon 5D Mark II Body Only.
    Calumet # 321-108A
    Mfg. Part # 2764B015AA
    Ships Same Day

£1,699.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

That's sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

If it was me I'd get the Mk 1 for less than a grand and then look at getting a nice piece of glass. The Mk 1 has an excellent reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Wow, A quick look at ebay UK shows used 5d Mk1s making GBP700-GBP 800.
    So, I guess eu1050 isnt too saucy. I an surprised, these bodies seem to hold their value well.

-FoxT

That's sterling.

Yes its sterling but still a good price.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Go the whole way and buy the Mk11 new.
    Calumet # 321-108A
    Mfg. Part # 2764B015AA
    Ships Same Day

£1,699.00

I would except the OH would disown me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

I agree, would be lovely to just empty the old bank account and buy a nice 5Dmk2 (plus a few other things)!! but before you buy that camera SwingKing I saw that Conns have 2 second hand 5Ds at the moment and one is going for €999.99 so its fifty cheaper than the one you saw!

I got myself one in Prague at Christmas and haven't regretted it. It cost me about the same as the one above so I reckon 950-1000 should be the highest they go for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Mmmmm, savage beast of a camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Mifsuds.com and mpbphotographic.co.uk have them for about 700 sterling, which would work out a fair bit cheaper even with delivery.

Edit: Before you buy one don't forget to ask if they have had the mirror fix. Although I believe Canon is still doing them for free.

tororosso wrote: »
    I agree, would be lovely to just empty the old bank account and buy a nice 5Dmk2 (plus a few other things)!! but before you buy that camera SwingKing I saw that Conns have 2 second hand 5Ds at the moment and one is going for €999.99 so its fifty cheaper than the one you saw!

I got myself one in Prague at Christmas and haven't regretted it. It cost me about the same as the one above so I reckon 950-1000 should be the highest they go for...

I saw that one Conns were selling but it's in bits. Huge dent on the top of the camera and I'm convinced it's been used extensively, dropped and god knows what else. Plus conns are only giving a 6 month warranty. Not worth it for paying a full grand.

The place I say the 5d was Berminghams cameras and it's in mint condition. Also includes a battery grip. Just a heads up for anyone in the market for a 5d mark1.

I think I'll save a bit more for the mark 2 because it seems to be the one that everyone is talking about. It might go down in price if a mark 3 comes out, which I'm really hoping it does!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Dont forget if you buy from bricks and mortar that normally they will give you at least a 6 month warranty and in the case of Conns if it breaks they will give you a loaner while yours is repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I got mine for 1.1k with two 4GB memory cards, three batteries and nifty fifty about 15 months ago, 4500 actuations on 6 months old camera.

How do u find the upgrade Thonda. Was it worth paying the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Can anyone point me in the direction of buying a brand new 5d? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

Chief wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the direction of buying a brand new 5d? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks folks.

Elara, Pixmania, Dabs, Conns or much cheaper on eBay.

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MME242M386

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-II-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-MK-2-NEW_W0QQitemZ170458565742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item27b01f4c6e

www.calumetphoto.com they have a shop in Belfast and will courier to you.

Calumet # 321-108A Leasing Options
    Mfg. Part # 2764B015AA 8714574529585
    ships Same Day

£1,699.00 STERLING
    Boucher Plaza Unit 2
    4-6 Boucher Road
    Belfast, BT12 6HR 02890 777770 M-F 9 to 5:30
    Sat. 9 to 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Thanks for the links folks but I meant a 5D not the MK II. There must be BNIB 5D's somewhere! :) Although.... £1699 eh? £1401 ex 17.5% Vat is about €1550 at the current exchange rate for a 5D mkII not so bad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

Chief wrote: »
    Thanks for the links folks but I meant a 5D not the MK II. There must be BNIB 5D's somewhere! :) Although.... £1699 eh? £1401 ex 17.5% Vat is about €1550 at the current exchange rate for a 5D mkII not so bad....

The MK II has been out for quite a while so any 'new' MK I will
    be old stock. There are a few used ones on eBay from UK sellers
    at the moment. Bidding on this one ends today:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Canon-5D-body-in-mint-condition_W0QQitemZ190379289354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item2c537d6b0a

Looking at recent completed listings shows they go for Eur800-900 ish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement