Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People against MMA

• 12-03-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

There are some people out there that are against cage fighting. (Everyone is entitle to their views). Some of these people are trying to stop these events by making requests under the freedom of information Act, requests such as schematics of cage, health & safety plan, event management plans, entertainments licence of the venue, crowd control plan, fighters insurance.

Just to let you all know that this information does not have to be given under this request, as this Act only applies to Public bodies. If the local council has granted the venue a licence then they are satisfied that you have all procedures and policys regarding insurance/safety in place.

Therefore you dont have to reply to members of the public to a request under this act

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Whos had trouble with the council since that event in newry last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MMAgic

There has been no problem with the council, the message did not imply dat. Just implied that there are some members of the public trying to put obstacles in the way of mma promoters in the running of an event. Its just to makers promoters aware that they do noy have to comply with this request.

Who said anything about Newry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

The last event i heard anyone having trouble from mcouncil, public or anyone else was last year in newry. Thats where that was coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

MMAgic wrote: »
    There has been no problem with the council, the message did not imply dat. Just implied that there are some members of the public trying to put obstacles in the way of mma promoters in the running of an event. Its just to makers promoters aware that they do noy have to comply with this request.

Can you shed some light on this as it just sounds like nothing!

what promotion had a problem and what was the problem, obstacle's whatever.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

I think you heard wrong, the council have never given any hassle regarding MMA. It has been members of the public making requests under this ACT

• Advertisement

The problem being members of the public making requests as per my first post and threatening to have the event closed down if the request is not adhered to. But they cant because the request only applies to public bodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

edited as its just trash. stick to your egg chasing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The problem being members of the public making requests as per my first post and threatening to have the event closed down if the request is not adhered to. But they cant because the request only applies to public bodies

where, when-as i said-your post means zero as there is no substance to it at all

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What a random topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

requests such as schematics of cage, health & safety plan, event management plans, entertainments licence of the venue, crowd control plan, fighters insurance.

I don't see a problem with any of the above, they all seem pretty standard:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

edited as its just trash and offensive on here

Please dont say that.Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

requests such as schematics of cage, health & safety plan, event management plans, entertainments licence of the venue, crowd control plan, fighters insurance.

Why would a promoter not provide this information to an interested party? If someone wanted to confirm I had a licence, and i did have one, i'd have no problem letting them do so.

TBH the only people need worry about any such "requests" are people who don't have the appropriate event management procedures and insurances in place. And they would have bigger worries than some angry locals.

this is a non-issue really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

We had this on our very first show, including 3 visits from the police, but we had all our paperwork on order so it was ballache more than it was an issue.

Same with us. The last Spartan show in Ballymena attracted attention from the Ballymena council, Enviromental health and the PSNI. I had all the Documents requested and the show went ahead. Our biggest to date.
    Anyone that dosnt want to release this information would ring alarm bells for me. I mean if your doing it right what have you got to hide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Anyone that dosnt want to release this information would ring alarm bells for me. I mean if your doing it right what have you got to hide?

+1

I don't see why anyone staging any event where the public will be attending wouldn't do the event plans etc as a matter of course. It shouldn't take an FOI request to get a promoter to do the basics of event management. We get 2 or 3 requests per show now and I for 1 welcome them.

Advertisement