Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 12/14 March

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So sweet, word of the Pats goal filtered in just as we were scoring those 2 aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fair play to SPA, they took their two chances in the wind, Rovers didn't in the first half. The wind was very very strong, the keepers at the car park goal need not have played in either half.

Barrett was ok in the first half, non-entity in the second, but so would have Twigg or Baker.

As for the incident, the guy ran on right beside me...took a running jump, he looked around for stewards, realised none were around, none of the nine Gardaí around did anything either and so pushed Rogers. Hope the book is thrown at us.

To make it worse...on the other side of me for the entire game was the only Pats fan in the Rovers end cheering for the goals etc... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dfx- wrote: »
    As for the incident, the guy ran on right beside me...took a running jump, he looked around for stewards, realised none were around, none of the nine Gardaí around did anything either and so pushed Rogers. Hope the book is thrown at us.
    Have to agree, something needs to be done.

Depressing night all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

CiaranC wrote: »
    Have to agree, something needs to be done.

Depressing night all round.

crest.jpg

50081262.Hail.sml.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pat's deserved their win and made good use of the atrocious wind, especially with the excellent free. The goal kicks into the wind reminded me of fruitlessly trying to take same up in Killinarden park when I was a kid.

Shocking, gutless performance from Rovers well punished. Ref did deny us what I thought were two handballs (one blatant) and a shove just outside the box, but none of us can look to the referee for blame for our performance.

Fair play to Pats for the great turnout too. Atmosphere was a great advertisement for the league. One of the young schoolboy team lads going round at half-time with the cup apparently lifted his trackie and flashed a pat's shirt at our end. :D Only laugh of an utterly dismal night.

As for that spa that came on to the pitch, this is a good chance for the club to come down with both feet. A small number of twats are going to ruin what is a great night out for everyone else. No argument with whatever punishment comes our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stpatsday.jpg

photoshopped tbh :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good to see a different name on top of the table. Pity most of the talk is of some thick Rovers fan who wanted his two mins of fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

http://www.inpho.ie/cgi-bin/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wa/p?p=9corEBJ0akdjskpJk_nukkCSziyl5Srm__i8YZVhm2o.a

Wonder will Shams avoid more fines like they did last season!:rolleyes:

I have no idea who 'Shams' are, but what fines did Rovers avoid last season?

What can you do? A lone wolf runs onto the pitch, it happens. No-one recognises him as a regular. Very worrying that the stewards and Gardaí did nothing about it though. We pay them a lot of money and they pointedly failed to deal with this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No-one recognises him as a regular.
    :D Of course they don't.

ali-1.jpg?t=1268908741

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    :D Of course they don't.

ali-1.jpg?t=1268908741

If it were a regular, I would be the first to admit it and he would be drummed out of the regiment. Unfortunatly, this is a case of one random nutter who came from nowhere and invaded the pitch. Regardless of whether he is a Rovers fan or not, he came from the Rovers end, so we deserve all we get.

I fully expect a deserved whopper of a fine and Rovers need to do an urgent review of the matchday security arrangements. But what can you actually do to prevent these things happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

This was a random lunatic. I don't remember any similar case in the last 10 years. Between the delayed kick off and the assault on Pats keeper, the club will be heavily fined, and unfortunately, rightly so. Whatever about like minded fools wanting to meet up outside football grounds for a shape throwing contest, no player in the League, for any team, should be subjected to what happened in Tallaght. The one small consolation here is that no one was hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have it on good authority that the display by the Ultras last season against Pats afaik (the one with the flares behind the SRFC ULTRAS banner), that there was no fines given. Could be wrong mind you, but since the FAI have stopped publishing fines online it's hard to know.

This was a random lunatic. I don't remember any similar case in the last 10 years. Between the delayed kick off and the assault on Pats keeper, the club will be heavily fined, and unfortunately, rightly so. Whatever about like minded fools wanting to meet up outside football grounds for a shape throwing contest, no player in the League, for any team, should be subjected to what happened in Tallaght. The one small consolation here is that no one was hurt.

Well he will be joined in court by the Pats fan who tried to smuggle a baseball bat into the ground....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Damn you Pats. :(

Have it on good authority that the display by the Ultras last season against Pats afaik (the one with the flares behind the SRFC ULTRAS banner), that there was no fines given. Could be wrong mind you, but since the FAI have stopped publishing fines online it's hard to know.

Didn't stop you declaring it as fact though, did it...

• Advertisement

But he has it on good authority .........

Well fairly confident it is, but since the FAI don't publish them anymore I'm only 99% sure.
    But he has it on good authority .........

Indeed I do. Was also plenty of talk of it at the time.

Well fairly confident it is, but since the FAI don't publish them anymore I'm only 99% sure.

Indeed I do. Was also plenty of talk of it at the time.

Lets put aside for a second that you are reporting rumour as fact, the implication was that Rovers get some form of special treatment from the FAI because we might not have gotten a fine for lighting a few flares. Utter arse.

If the match day delegate didn't report it, no fine. Simple as that.

I fully expect a deserved whopper of a fine and Rovers need to do an urgent review of the matchday security arrangements. But what can you actually do to prevent these things happening?

Have stewards behind the goals, we have them even with our pittance crowds. Dont really care who he was a fan of he was on the pitch for a few minutes and Pats players had to get him off.

Why rogers tho ? :| Puzzles me.

Lets put aside for a second that you are reporting rumour as fact, the implication was that Rovers get some form of special treatment from the FAI because we might not have gotten a fine for lighting a few flares. Utter arse.

If the match day delegate didn't report it, no fine. Simple as that.

Well they clearly did as the flares were allowed to be lit in the stadium, and after having a few emails to Padraig Smith and Noel Mooney (iirc), they said that flares weren't even allow to be let in a sadium at all not even in closed parts of a stadium.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have stewards behind the goals, we have them even with our pittance crowds. Dont really care who he was a fan of he was on the pitch for a few minutes and Pats players had to get him off.

Why rogers tho ? :| Puzzles me.

I 100% agree. The match day security team dropped the ball big time. You can clearly see a dayglo jacket standing watching it all with his hands in his pockets. It took one of our directors to hand him over to the Gardaí in the end.

Who knows? Like I say, lone nut, very difficult to stop, but he was on the pitch nearly a minute before the players removed him.

Well they clearly did as the flares were allowed to be lit in the stadium, and after having a few emails to Padraig Smith and Noel Mooney (iirc), they said that flares weren't even allow to be let in a sadium at all not even in closed parts of a stadium.

But if the match day delegate doesn't report it, no action can happen. Simple as that. There is no big conspiracy.

We will revisit this when the FAI hammer the snot out of Rovers for the incident. Lets see then if we are getting away with murder...

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Were Rovers fined for a "fan" hitting the linesman with a bottle when they played against bohs in tallaght? That's not an accusation that you's weren't fined, I just can't remember

But if the match day delegate doesn't report it, no action can happen. Simple as that. There is no big conspiracy.

Yup, and the stewards didn't take the flares off them as advised by your club (one lad got kicked out because the guards weren't informed).

You sent e mails to Padraig Smith and Noel Mooney?
    What say would either of them have in issuing fines for flares?

simonw wrote: »
    Were Rovers fined for a "fan" hitting the linesman with a bottle when they played against bohs in tallaght? That's not an accusation that you's weren't fined, I just can't remember

Yes, and we got a warning about future conduct which is why this will be brutal from the FAI, and its hard to argue against it.

That kid got run out of it and hasn't been seen since. This guy will get his formal lifetime ban when he is finished in court today. Hard to legislate for it, which is why your stewards should react - to me thats the worrying thing here.

You sent e mails to Padraig Smith and Noel Mooney?
    What say would either of them have in issuing fines for flares?

Good point, missed that.

Was he asking could he or ratting us out?

Yup, and the stewards didn't take the flares off them as advised by your club (one lad got kicked out because the guards weren't informed).

And the stewards stood and watched a pitch invader. We have useless stewards and I have no doubt that arrangement will now be reviewed. Whats your point?

Cloud cukooland stuff.
    There are firefighters in Tallaght Stadium to handle any issues regarding dangerous use of flares. Stewards would be advised NOT to handle flares. What do you think happens if a steward goes in among a large crowd to grab a flare?

Cloud cukooland stuff.
    There are firefighters in Tallaght Stadium to handle any issues regarding dangerous use of flares. Stewards would be advised NOT to handle flares. What do you think happens if a steward goes in among a large crowd to grab a flare?

Well actually in this case the flares were lit at the front of the stand.
    Good point, missed that.

Was he asking could he or ratting us out?

Was wondering if there's anyway flares can be used in a stadium without getting a fine, was well before the Shams one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Well he will be joined in court by the Pats fan who tried to smuggle a baseball bat into the ground....

LOL :rolleyes:

I suppose you're as worked up about Pats lighting one up on Tuesday (and throwing it on to the pitch - albeit behind the goal line - as well) or is it just Rovers that you have a problem with?

Hint: rhetorical question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Being picky about grammer now ?

I always am. I'm only vocal about it when its particularly blatant/incorrect.
    Post 23 :)

You're clearly beyond help if you can find fault with my post grammar-wise. On a lighter note, we're level with Rovers whohooo.....!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Point being, it was a bit sad to reply like you did to an obvious light hearted post. Dont take it so seriously and i didnt know there was points on offer for grammer.

You obviously havent understood my post then have you. You just jumped in with a reply without thinking. Have a look again at your post i quoted :)

You missed post 28,13, and i'll let you know of any more you do. :)

I dont care about your mistakes so why should you have a pop at my intentional ones?

Lollers at the deathly silence that has descended on the thread.

Of course, if we had thrown a flare out of the stand at Tolka, Dalyer or Richmond......

stovelid wrote: »
    Of course, if we had thrown a flare out of the stand at Richmond......

you did last season but we threw 3 :cool:

You obviously havent understood my post then have you.

tbh yes I'm still struggling to understand what the hell you're saying. You're one to talk about taking lighthearted posts seriously aren't you? Especially when you respond to a cat pic ffs.

Genuinely, wtf are you on about?

edit: and please god learn to multi-quote, instead of referencing posts.

fh041205 wrote: »

+1,000,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

fh041205 wrote: »
    tbh yes I'm still struggling to understand what the hell you're saying. You're one to talk about taking lighthearted posts seriously aren't you? Especially when you respond to a cat pic ffs.

Genuinely, wtf are you on about?

You know very well, you are just being thick for the sake of it.

What i find strange is Gavin thanking every post that has a pop at me or anything Fingal related .

• Advertisement

You know very well, you are just being thick for the sake of it.

:confused: Ok so I think I'll leave it there.

Advertisement