Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The jean scene

Options
  • 12-03-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    A few months back, I purchased a couple of items from the jean scene store in Naas.
    I unfortunately had to return said items the following day S the didn't fit properly.
    At the time I was forced to take a credit note, as this was their policy.

It now seems they have all shut down (all their branches)
    I now have a credit note of 90euro, Now the have 90euro of my hard earned cash, and I have no goods to the value of 90€?

Is my credit note now worthless????

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Gucky wrote: »
    Hello.
    A few months back, I purchased a couple of items from the jean scene store in Naas.
    I unfortunately had to return said items the following day S the didn't fit properly.

I now have a credit note of 90euro, Now the have 90euro of my hard earned cash, and I have no goods to the value of 90€?

Any help appreciated

In short, tough luck.

Could you not have tried them on in store before you purchased? You are actually lucky to get a credit note as it was technically a change of mind.

Anyway, the nutz of the issue is that you are at the end of a very long line of creditors [assuming they went into liquidation]. why did they close? Is there a contact number on the premises?

As far as I'm concerned, as there was nothing physically wrong with the product, they are not obliged to refund you anything. They do supply fitting rooms there for this purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you can find out who the liquidator is, when one gets appointed, you can submit your claim for a refund, with the credit note attached. You may or may not get anything, and it will probably take a long time, but you've nothing to lose.

Don't hold up too much hope though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

RangeR wrote: »
    In short, tough luck.

Could you not have tried them on in store before you purchased? You are actually lucky to get a credit note as it was technically a change of mind.

Anyway, the nutz of the issue is that you are at the end of a very long line of creditors [assuming they went into liquidation]. why did they close? Is there a contact number on the premises?

As far as I'm concerned, as there was nothing physically wrong with the product, they are not obliged to refund you anything. They do supply fitting rooms there for this purpose.

I did try them on instore, however red marks due to the neck being a little tight don't appear until an hour after wearing the garment.
    I explained this at the time when I was wanting a refund, and they basically told me credit note or nnothing, a few weeks later and their gone???

Sneaky sneaky me thinks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hello.

Its not about just store policy, by law they didn't have to give you anything
    You should have checked the size before you bought the item....in the law wrong size is not a valid reason for a return/refund.

Any help appreciated

Not much you can do, affectively yes its worthless
    I did try them on instore, however red marks due to the neck being a little tight don't appear until an hour after wearing the garment.
    I explained this at the time when I was wanting a refund, and they basically told me credit note or nnothing, a few weeks later and their gone???

Sneaky sneaky me thinks

Again as you didn't try it on in store you are at fault for buying the wrong item, the store didn't force you to buy that size. Affectively trying to return the item is classed as a change of mind and thats not a valid reason for a refund so a store credit was a very reasonable outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Hey - sorry to hear your situation! I work in a store, and if goods are not defective or faulty it's up to the manager what kind of refund you will receive - you have 28 days to return the goods. Them giving you a credit note or nothing was entirely legal. You could try contacting whoever owned the company and asking for a refund. If they are polite, they will honour it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RachPie wrote: »
    Hey - sorry to hear your situation! I work in a store, and if goods are not defective or faulty it's up to the manager what kind of refund you will receive - you have 28 days to return the goods. Them giving you a credit note or nothing was entirely legal. You could try contacting whoever owned the company and asking for a refund. If they are polite, they will honour it.

Not if they've gone bust they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Not if they've gone bust they won't.

Phew.....

The one in Naas is still opened, although operating under a different name, they still honoured the original credit note.

Me and the jean scene are all cool in the hood again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Glad you got it sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Phew.....

The one in Naas is still opened, although operating under a different name, they still honoured the original credit note.

Me and the jean scene are all cool in the hood again!

The old "The Jean Scene" in Tralee has the same logo as before, but the name is now The Jacob Scene, or some other name beginning with J.:confused:

Glad you found someone to take them off your hands.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fuzzbuzz89

Hello.

Any help appreciated

i worked for the jean scene untill they closed down and they then reopened as joesf jeans so they can avoid some taxes......and they are opening up the shops again but they wont rehire old staff <SNIP>,,,,but u can go to any joesf jeans for a refund and just say that u got a clothes the day the company closed down

• Advertisement
Advertisement