Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 26

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

redout wrote: »
    He doesnt play in midfield. He plays on the right up front in a 4-3-3 though he does drop back. Tonight for example he played in the centre of the 3 and not on the right as Ibra was suspended.

That's an attacking midfielder for me, Arsenal had Eboue and Arshavin playing in those positions yesterday but, I still consider them (attacking) midfielders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

If Villa has the world cup I expect him to have, he'll then be in with a great shout of winning it. He's always criminally overlooked for these awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lionel Messi isn't human. He can't be. No human can be that good. Surely?

Jesus Christ turned water into wine and other such miracles and he's been feted for a couple of thousand years. For me, Messi is way more magical than Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

You couldn't split Rooney and Messi at the moment. Both playing wonderfully and in the best of form. I have no doubt that either of those players will win the next World Player of the Year. I think it will come down to which players team wins the Champions League.

Ronaldo crocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

World cup winner my arse.

Neither will be winning one so I reckon its down to who does better in Europe.

No Brazilian is worthy and Spains contingent would be a joke as none of them come close to Rooney/Messi levels this season.

Xavi and Iniesta are not having brilliant seasons by any means.

Puyol ftw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ha, for anyone unsure about Real Madrid decisions in Liga, Ramos kicks a guy in the balls in the box and no peno.

Job done and points in the bag but nevertheless Messi has been covering over the cracks. This team need a serious kick up the arse in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

World cup winner my arse.

Neither will be winning one so I reckon its down to who does better in Europe.

No Brazilian is worthy and Spains contingent would be a joke as none of them come close to Rooney/Messi levels this season.

Xavi and Iniesta are not having brilliant seasons by any means.

Puyol ftw :D

I agree that Rooney and Messi have been the standout performers and any other year one of them would romp home. But think back to 2006, prior to the World Cup would anyone have suggested Cannavaro as a candidate for the Ballon d'Or?

Since 1990, only in 1994 (Stoichkov) has the World Player of the Year not come from a world cup winning team the year of a world cup, and even in 1994 Bulgaria had a great World Cup reaching the semi-finals and Stoichkov was the tournament's top scorer.

• Advertisement

carlop wrote: »
    I agree that Rooney and Messi have been the standout performers and any other year one of them would romp home. But think back to 2006, prior to the World Cup would anyone have suggested Cannavaro as a candidate for the Ballon d'Or?

Since 1990, only in 1994 (Stoichkov) has the World Player of the Year not come from a world cup winning team the year of a world cup, and even in 1994 Bulgaria had a great World Cup reaching the semi-finals and Stoichkov was the tournament's top scorer.

yeah I am aware of this.

I am saying this trend will be broken this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Real Madrid are having a shocking game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

yeah I am aware of this.

I am saying this trend will be broken this season.

Fair enough.

Back on topic, decent game so far with a little bit of niggle thrown in. Valladolid and Real are the two teams I dislike the most in Spain, so I'm a bit conflicted about this one.

I predict three red cards.

Sergio Ramos should already be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

RONNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Like no one else on earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ronaldo.

Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Ronaldoooo...

With another free kick this season.

Whats that 8?

Deflected off the half jumping defenders head, goalie had no chance.

Deja vous here . . . no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What are the chances of a Ronaldo hat-trick ???

If Ronny gets a hat trick, today will be one of the most special days in football I could even remember.

• Advertisement

What a scumbag that black number 4 is! I hope he gets a good seeing to

That's filthy play. Fúcking thug.

Higuain! Goal machine! 2-0

Don't feel one bit sorry for them tbh. Hope Madrid run up a cricket score.

I'll get a game of PES in now at half time

Such a cool finish. Higuain is on fire.

Higuain again! 3-0. Valladolid are p1ss poor and cynical hackers. Hope it gets worse

Like a knife through butter....Too easy that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Higuain again. Game over. Gonna see how Paddy Harrington is getting on. Was in top 3 last time I looked.

Delighted Madrid got away with that handball tbh.

• Advertisement

Play the whistle FFS don't run over to the linesman in the middle of play. Such pathetic newbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Job done and points in the bag but nevertheless Messi has been covering over the cracks. This team need a serious kick up the arse in my opinion.

Are you a Barca fan?? For some reason, i had it in my head that you supported Madrid

Paddypower are so sh1t at doing in running betting! Useless bookies

3-1. Somehow the insects pull a goal back. Lazy Liverpool'esque defending from Alonso

Real Score a goal on themselves. Arbeloa with the assist and a neat finish from Albiol.

Anyone know of a gambling site where I could get odds on Raul to score in the match?

Higuain again! He'll be top scorer in La Liga this year no doubt about it. Messi has 22? Higuain has 21

Higuain hat trick.

Lionel who?

Hat trick.... Can see Real scoring another 3 here.

• Advertisement

Haha, where's his thread then??:D

Higuain again! He'll be top scorer in La Liga this year no doubt about it. Messi has 22? Higuain has 21

I think he has 19.

Just put €10 on Raul to score next at 9/2. Come on you old dog . . .

Give the ball to Raul . . .

Very unlucky freekick.

NOOOooooooooooooooooooooo! ****in Ronaldo should have tried to give that back to Raul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Archimedez wrote: »
    Higuain hat trick.

Lionel who?

Rofl, Valladolid are definitely on the same plane as Valencia alright...

Tonight was a perfect illustration of why Messi HAS to play on the wing, he can't lead the line like Rooney/ Ronaldo, his magic comes when Barca play a proper CF uptop so he can float around a bit. All his goals came from the right with him cutting in. I'm getting very frustrated with Iniesta at the moment, despite playing in the midfield trio, he is playing as if he was on the wing, holding onto the ball and trying to beat defenders instead of using his creativity - Xavi was on song tonight though, and Pique is a better partner for Milito than Puyol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

whats is the story with Iniesta? he seems to be taking steps backwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

kryogen wrote: »
    whats is the story with Iniesta? he seems to be taking steps backwards?

Just been disappointing recently, started around the same time as Ibrahimovic's slump, I've fate he'll come good though, he's just approaching his role badly, he isn't passing enough, he is trying to beat defenders like Messi. (although he put in a nice defensive shift at times tonight)

Edit - I also think it might be worth putting Henry up top as CF against Stuttgart, and Playing Ibra on the left, that way Zlatan can play his favoured 2nd striker position, and can use some of his creativity instead of using him as a reverse pivot. That will mean that the teams width down that entire left flank is down to Maxwell/ Iniesta, worth the punt imo though.

Ateltico Madrid v Osasuna tonight.

Atletico have Sporting Lisbon (away) in the Europa League on Thursday, so I think they may have one eye on that. Added to that their home form has been pretty inconsistent this season.

Can see us winning maybe 3-1 tonight, but anything is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Atleti 1 Osasuna 0.

Jurado in the 79th minute. Simao sent off though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement