Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Move

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mario Galaxy wasn't available for the Wii launch so using it as an example of Wii's triple AAA lineup at time of launch and comparing it with the moves seeming lack thereof is abit disingenuous, the Wii granted did have Zelda(a gamecube port) and metroid but the rest of the lineup was pretty lightweight, with that in mind and taking into account the move enabled Res5 and Heavy Rain there is not as much in it as you claim .

Yeah launch isn't the best time to make a decision, I agree, but there isn't much of note on the horizon either tbh - Child of Eden is the only 'do want!' game for me. A few good games I've already played now adding Move support isn't an incentive for me to play through again either! Just going on the strengths of the announced software, Kinect - which, I should point out, I'm still fairly cynical about too! - is looking like it's going to be more ambitious software wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I presume that if you have the standard version of RES 5, you can download a free patch for Move or do you need to buy new version or pay for the patch?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I presume that if you have the standard version of RES 5, you can download a free patch for Move or do you need to buy new version or pay for the patch?
    Cheers

It's got to be the gold version, then the patch is free. I picked up the God version for about £12 online (Simply Games I think, or Zavvi maybe).

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Cheers

Having the game marked 'Gold Edition' (wheter it says Move Compatible or not on it) is the only way to play RE5 with Move sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Bought Flight Control. It really is an addictive game.

So far have played:
    Tumble*
    Sports Champions
    EyePet*
    Flight Control
    Echochrome ii*

and I have enjoyed them all.

* is demo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am sure after playing Archery and Gladiator Duel on Sports Champions for an hour..

.. I'm sweating like an bastard!

Just working through the Bronze Cup on both. Got all but 3 stars on Gladiator Duel, but could only get 2 stars on the final boss - so 32 / 33 there. And got 3 stars so far on Archery except for the irritating challenge with the Skeletons... the trick is to hit their head but I'm just not quick enough!

The bronze on Gladiator Duel is pretty easy to get.. it's the same pattern for each person (except the final boss is a bit smarter) - go in with a Shield Bump and then swipe hard left and right. If you hit them once, keep swinging left and right and you'll get a good amount of power of them and they'll be stunned / on-the-ground. Do a Jump Attack (sometimes 2 if they're on the ground long enough) and continue swinging from left to right as hard as possible. You'll get close to perfect or knock them out of the ring each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a great work out.

Can you do that side jump thing that the computer players do, where they jump up at angle and swing in at you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

The Gladiator Duel is really makes you move around a bit - mostly with the game, but at times with frustration too - I can swipe and slash with the sword from the right, but I just can't get swipes or swings from the left side to work (I am right handed and using two move controllers). I have only played it some 15 mins, so may be there's something I am not doing right. It's fun so far. I think it would be good fun with two players - I tried table tennis with the other half, and it really works, once you clear up some space in front of the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Gave move a spin in the Hub today, not impressed really. Involved a lot of flailing around, the worst of the Wii in short.
    What games did you play? My experience with the Move is the exact opposite, games like Tumble and Echochrome ii have you performing very delicate and subtle movements so if you were flailing around you wouldn't get very far. I think the only game that involves flailing is Kung Fu Rider but I haven't played that.

I played Heavy Rain with the Move patch for a while last night. Once I got used to it I really enjoyed it. It seems more natural, especially parts where you have to shake things, that always felt a bit awkward for me with the Dualshock. It's so cool the way it lights up red when you're performing an action and then turns blue as you complete is correctly. A nice touch I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

GothPunk wrote: »
    What games did you play? My experience with the Move is the exact opposite, games like Tumble and Echochrome ii have you performing very delicate and subtle movements so if you were flailing around you wouldn't get very far. I think the only game that involves flailing is Kung Fu Rider but I haven't played that.

I played Heavy Rain with the Move patch for a while last night. Once I got used to it I really enjoyed it. It seems more natural, especially parts where you have to shake things, that always felt a bit awkward for me with the Dualshock. It's so cool the way it lights up red when you're performing an action and then turns blue as you complete is correctly. A nice touch I thought.

Time Crisis and the Gladiator Duel, not impressed with either really. Haven't written it off at all but it went a way to confirm my fears that its a bit of a Wii HD. Would like to try some other games like Flight Control in more comfortable environment but regardless Move isn't on my list. I don't want to leap around the sitting room, I'm quite happy with my Dualshock thanks.

They have Time Crisis Razing Storm at the PS Hub? I think I need to pay them as visit so (as if Killzone 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2 wasn't reason enough). I thought that would have been just point and shoot? I have played The Shoot demo though, which I really enjoyed (so accurate!), but the spinning around on the spot is something I can do without. Apparently swirling the controller above your head like a lasso has the same effect though but compared to how you activate the other power ups it's a little OTT.

I think that the Gladiator part of Sports Champions is the most gesture based of all the games in that, so I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. Then again I'm probably of the mind that Wii HD ain't such a bad thing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I've given up on trying to use Tiger Woods 11 and Move. It doesn't recognise the controller all (at first). You need to start it up with a normal DS controller and then activate the Move. So far, I have been unable to activate the Move with my own golfers. I am left handed, so either I can play with the Move using Tiger as a golfer (but he is right handed) or I can play as a set up left handed golfer with the DS controller only. Glad I only rented the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I've given up on trying to use Tiger Woods 11 and Move. It doesn't recognise the controller all (at first). You need to start it up with a normal DS controller and then activate the Move. So far, I have been unable to activate the Move with my own golfers. I am left handed, so either I can play with the Move using Tiger as a golfer (but he is right handed) or I can play as a set up left handed golfer with the DS controller only. Glad I only rented the game.

Im on the same boat for resident evil 5 gold edition.. The move controls are just to freaking awkward and it is more enjoyable using the DS.. I can see myself never using move for shooting games apart from The Shoot which i thinks awesome now..

Im on the same boat for resident evil 5 gold edition.. The move controls are just to freaking awkward and it is more enjoyable using the DS.. I can see myself never using move for shooting games apart from The Shoot which i thinks awesome now..
    Same. I abandoned RE5 on the Move and resorted to using the DS as well. Shooting with it, especially when it came to the stage with the executioner, was too hard.

That's a shame to read. I just picked up RE5 Gold yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it with the move. I think I already know how it will feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I loved RE4 on the Wii and was so looking forward to playing RE5 with the move. But after about an hour I gave up. Like others said I found the controls to be so awkward and you only have 2 control configuration options. Neither of which are ideal. I'm sure developers will in the future will include more user friendly options for the move but I'm afraid they have messed it up with RE5 IMHO.
    I have moved on to playing Heavy Rain with the move and that is just so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

how is playing Heavy Rain with the move? I found the controller horrific...how do they map it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure this is a problem in dark and cloudy Ireland but the Move may not work under bright natural light (it's been show to work under very bright artificial light), also will not work under water(that may affect Ireland).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

This has probably been asked before, but is the Navigation controller essential?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

For some games, Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Im on the same boat for resident evil 5 gold edition.. The move controls are just to freaking awkward and it is more enjoyable using the DS..

+1

Picked it up last week and only gave it a go today for the first time,controls are terribly awkward with the move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Tallon wrote: »
    For some games, Yes

No it's not, you can use the dualshock controller and just hold it in your left hand. It's slightly more awkward but perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

NotorietyH wrote: »
    No it's not, you can use the dualshock controller and just hold it in your left hand. It's slightly more awkward but perfectly fine.

Essentially the same thing

Tallon wrote: »
    Essentially the same thing
    But the nav controller is 30 euro more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

can anybody tell me where i can buy echochrome ii??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

mystic86 wrote: »
    can anybody tell me where i can buy echochrome ii??

Playstation Store. Not sure what brick and mortar shop would have it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hi folks,

Have 2 young kids 6+7, thinking of adding the Move set up to the PS3 for Christmas rather than buying a Wii.
    What's the essential kit needed?
    Eye camera
    2 x Move controllers
    Kid friendly games (tumble, start the party, any others?)
    Anything else to maximise the experience?

Thanks in advance

Dom

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Sports Champions - probably the best title out there that uses the Move controller fully at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hi folks,

Have 2 young kids 6+7, thinking of adding the Move set up to the PS3 for Christmas rather than buying a Wii.
    Eye camera
    2 x Move controllers

Thanks in advance

Dom

Definitely get EyePet, they will love it.

@ positron: Sports champions might be a bit much for a 6 & 7 year old no ?

Christ.. that Eyepet trailer is misleading.

The camera with it is fuzzy as frig!

I turned the demo of that off after a few minutes. Even for a kids thing, it looked useless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi folks,

Eye camera
    2 x Move controllers

Thanks in advance

Dom

Seriously, get them the Wii, better back-catalogue of games for 6/7 year olds.
    Plus, keeps them away from your PS3.

That eyepet thing...no, just no.

i checked ps store before i posted here, i could only find the demo of echochrome ii on there......

i checked ps store before i posted here, i could only find the demo of echochrome ii on there......

its out in the ps store tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Eye pet is a weird one you would have to be a kid (and not a big kid) to get a kick out of it but at the same time it is a bit complicated for a young kid. But its only 30 euro so its a maybe id keep an eye on the internet sites Zavvi or one of those may have it for closer to 20.

Start the party is a defo for the kids loads of simple fun games.

If you dont mind the kids playing your PS3 all you need is the camera and one Move to get you started a lot of games take turns with the one controller. But if you can stretch to it 2 would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

may sound like a stupied question but can the move navigation controller be used as a second move contoller (the one with the ball on top) or is the navigation control a different thing all together

PTH2009 wrote: »
    may sound like a stupied question but can the move navigation controller be used as a second move contoller (the one with the ball on top) or is the navigation control a different thing all together

nope it only acts as half a DS basically with no motion sensos at all.. only the move controller (with the ball) will work..you can use nav though for movement etc.

Eye pet is a weird one you would have to be a kid (and not a big kid) to get a kick out of it but at the same time it is a bit complicated for a young kid. But its only 30 euro so its a maybe id keep an eye on the internet sites Zavvi or one of those may have it for closer to 20.

Start the party is a defo for the kids loads of simple fun games.

If you dont mind the kids playing your PS3 all you need is the camera and one Move to get you started a lot of games take turns with the one controller. But if you can stretch to it 2 would be good.
    HMV had it for €22 in store.

its out in the ps store tomorrow

echochrome ii still not there, im 'puzzled as its meant to be out already

• Advertisement

echochrome ii still not there, im 'puzzled as its meant to be out already
    The EU PlayStation website lists it's release as Oct-Dec 2010. There are a few games that were supposed to be available at launch that got delayed, Time Crisis as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I went up to that Playstation Hub there last week to try out the Move and I wasn't that impressed to be honest.

I played volleyball and table tennis with one of the assistants and while very new and exciting at first - it soon wore off and all I was left with was feeling kinda like an idiot playing a sub-standard game. It certainly wouldnt keep me hooked for any long period of time.

Had a go at time crisis which I liked years and years ago but didn't find the controller as responsive as I had thought. I'm sure that better games will come out as developers get used to the hardware but I still think this contraption is going to be a passing fad - the old fashioned controller still rules supreme with me.

..and table tennis with one of the assistants and while very new and exciting at first - it soon wore off and all I was left with was feeling kinda like an idiot playing a sub-standard game.

I don't about volleyball, but I've been playing tabletennis for a week now trying to get thru broze/silver/gold cups - it's keeping me well amused. Also good fun to play with someone else.

I wonder if there would be a online multi-player version of SportsChampions, now that would be even more cool!

RUSE has got to be the best use of the Move yet the zooming in and out and spinning 360 degrees is so easy Really enjoying it but my god does it steal you time from you. I sat down last night at 8 next thing i know it was ten to 4 in the morning and i had to force myself to turn it off and go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

basquille wrote: »

Bought the gun accessory today (not from there, from Gamestop). Bought it for Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition.

Completely pointless. The trigger is used for aiming while the Move button is to shoot, which means you can't even hold the controller like a gun. And the only two controller settings can't swap them. I just hope this doesn't happen in other games

Bought the gun accessory today (not from there, from Gamestop). Bought it for Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition.

Completely pointless. The trigger is used for aiming while the Move button is to shoot, which means you can't even hold the controller like a gun. And the only two controller settings can't swap them. I just hope this doesn't happen in other games

I'd imagine this will only be good for light gun style shooters. Not third person as you need the buttons on the face as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Went into the playstation hub last friday with an open mind and came out really dissapointed. there dosn't appear to be anything "new" or "exciting" about this, it's pretty much the same as the wii except several years too late. All the games on display were pretty poor. The one with the japanese guy on the chair was embarassingly bad and there was no fun element whatsoever. Even time crisis, which I love just lost all of it's fun factor without the light gun.
    I for one won't be buying this.

The lineup for kinect dosn't look much better but i'll keep an open mind until I can try it first hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Advertisement
Advertisement