Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Hello,

I only found out about the Move this week. I've been hankering after a Wii for so long, so this is a little bit exciting.

I have a bit of spare cash this week, and I see Smyths are doing the starter bundle for just short of 55euro, not bad!

I notice on the demo videos that they all have two controllers (stick with the coloured ball on top). Will I need this?

My reasons for getting it would be exercise, and I noticed the Zumba game isn't out until next month.:( Is there anything similar to the Wii Fit kind of things on the PS Move? The starter bundle appears to have some demo games with it, do you think this would be good enough to do me until next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Hello,

I only found out about the Move this week. I've been hankering after a Wii for so long, so this is a little bit exciting.

I have a bit of spare cash this week, and I see Smyths are doing the starter bundle for just short of 55euro, not bad!

I notice on the demo videos that they all have two controllers (stick with the coloured ball on top). Will I need this?

My reasons for getting it would be exercise, and I noticed the Zumba game isn't out until next month.:( Is there anything similar to the Wii Fit kind of things on the PS Move? The starter bundle appears to have some demo games with it, do you think this would be good enough to do me until next month?

Starter pack includes the camera and one stick with the coloured ball on it, some games require 2 of them but are also playable with just one (just not as good)

They have a number of fitness games better than Wii fit EA, Ubisoft and THQ have fitness games.

Thanks a million Grumpypants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Hello,

If you have an XBOX I would go for the Kinnect as it would be better for fitness and dance games but saying that , I have not tried any on the Move so my

padair wrote: »
    If you have an XBOX I would go for the Kinnect as it would be better for fitness and dance games but saying that , I have not tried any on the Move so my

Don't have the Xbox 360. I was given the old one, but that probably doesn't work with the Kinnect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Don't have the Xbox 360. I was given the old one, but that probably doesn't work with the Kinnect?

2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg

Good News! Kinect is compatible with every 360. The only difference is Kinect will need to use the plug it comes with. (New Xboxes can power Kinect itself and have a specific port for it)

I'd personally wait until there's a few must-have games for Kinect and Move before buying them (as my Wii still gathers dust) but as long as you'll get use out of 'em and have the cash :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg

Good News! Kinect is compatible with every 360. The only difference is Kinect will need to use the plug it comes with. (New Xboxes can power Kinect itself and have a specific port for it)

I'd personally wait until there's a few must-have games for Kinect and Move before buying them (as my Wii still gathers dust) but as long as you'll get use out of 'em and have the cash :)

I agree. I have bought the move and I hardly ever use it. Bring on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with move support. Now that would be cool.

It's the old Xbox I have, not the 360. Will that work with the Kinnect?:eek:

I checked out our local Smyths online and they appear to only have 1 yes one game in stock and it looks crap. I might wait until next month to get something.

It's a pity there is nowhere to rent a Wii, just to see if I'd actually use it. I remember years ago Xtra Vision used to let you rent out the Nintendo consoles. T'was cool.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

It's the old Xbox I have, not the 360. Will that work with the Kinnect?:eek:

I checked out our local Smyths online and they appear to only have 1 yes one game in stock and it looks crap. I might wait until next month to get something.

It's a pity there is nowhere to rent a Wii, just to see if I'd actually use it. I remember years ago Xtra Vision used to let you rent out the Nintendo consoles. T'was cool.:D

Kinect is 360 only.

Now this is a PS Move Thread, so enough talk about Kinect, i'm sure it's got it's own thread.

Sorry 'bout that, thanks anyway.:)

• Advertisement

Modern Combat has a free trial for plus members just downloading it now

This is not too bad you do have to mess with the setting to reduce the wobble and it needs a lot of re configuring of the Move but as a starter and for a game that cheap its quite impressive.

Kinect is 360 only.

Now this is a PS Move Thread, so enough talk about Kinect, i'm sure it's got it's own thread.

Someone's in a mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

padair wrote: »
    Someone's in a mood
    ? he's right though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I picked up the Move at the weekend and hooked it up for the first time last night. Had a few rounds on Planet Minigolf and was astounded to find that I'm even worse at virtual crazy golf than I am at real life mini golf.

So I think I'm going to pick up a couple more games at the weekend. Any recommendations? I'm thinking the Sports game and maybe Heavy rain??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

So, is the PS Move worth buying for the PS3?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I might buy it when KZ3 is released, move controls in it are getting great previews. Have to keep an eye on the funds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

beefy78: perfect, those two are the best two i have played on it - go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I picked up the Move at the weekend and hooked it up for the first time last night. Had a few rounds on Planet Minigolf and was astounded to find that I'm even worse at virtual crazy golf than I am at real life mini golf.

So I think I'm going to pick up a couple more games at the weekend. Any recommendations? I'm thinking the Sports game and maybe Heavy rain??
    Tumble on the PSN is pretty good. Try out the demo. Not too sure if it's worth €10 but it's deffo worth some of your money. Maybe wait until it drops in price. It's just like the demo, more of the same.

its amazing how accurate the controls are in tumble but my opinion is that this game is not for everyone - be sure and try the demo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

What's the best TVclip/stand to attach the Eye Camera to your TV?

What's the best TVclip/stand to attach the Eye Camera to your TV?
    The actual PS Eye itself
    http://kotaku.com/5626933/how-to-mount-that-playstation-eye-camera-with-minimal-fuss

Although. It doesn't actually work this way with my TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MOVE Controls on Elite difficulty meaning no assists, made up my mind am definitely getting Move.

Light spoiler with location.

nothing posted on here in month....

I played Playstation Move Heroes Demo a while back - I wasn't impressed. It's for children. Very silly stuff. Also the demo didn't support the nav controller, had to use dualshock.

I played Top Spin 4 demo tonight which is move enabled - again I wasn't impressed that much, but maybe I need to give it more time as other feedback I've read online seems to be very positive. When I swing left and right it wasn't hitting the ball very far to each side of the court on the opponents half - landing far to near the player in the middle and not close enough to the sidelines for my liking. That was frustrating. I went through the tutorial of how to play with the move, then when I went to play a game the loading screen was images of the button controls and that was showing some extra moves you can do when you press the move button - but this wasn't featured in the tutorial at all - how stupid is that. So maybe I need to learn more moves to make a final call on this game.

Anybody played Killzone 3 with the move yet? Feedback???

I have played it once through with the dualshock controller, giving it a little time before I play through it again, this time with the move controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does anyone know of any good move deals at the moment? Just after getting KZ3 and wondering if it's worth it..

I'm quite surprised/disappointed by the cost of the gun for KZ3. I saw it for £40 so I can only imagine how much that will be in Euro. It's only a piece of plastic.

I'm quite surprised/disappointed by the cost of the gun for KZ3. I saw it for £40 so I can only imagine how much that will be in Euro. It's only a piece of plastic.
    About the same price as guitar ehro when it came out

Yeah but the guitar actually does something. It's like a controller in effect. For this, from what I can see the gun is just a piece of plastic casing which you slide your Move controller into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

All the buttons are mapped digitally, so hardly a piece of plastic.

• Advertisement

It's not, and it's official sony, not like a mad catz thing or something

So the likelihood is that this gun will be used for other games in the future?

Socom 4 is already been announces as using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

SOCOM 4 supports it also, in fact I think there is a sharpshooter + SOCOM 4 + Move bundle in the States coming out.

Course, that was always the case...

It's not like a 1-game-gun

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭starman08

Tried to get the move to work on little big planet, but the game saw the navigational controller as one controller and it saw the move as another,
    so i ended up with two sack boys on screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

starman08 wrote: »
    Tried to get the move to work on little big planet, but the game saw the navigational controller as one controller and it saw the move as another,
    so i ended up with two sack boys on screen
    It doesn't work with LittleBigPlanet 2 yet, it only works with Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, which is a separate game that comes on the LBP2 disc. LBP2 will be patched soon for Move support for create mode, I don't know if you'll be able to use it in normal gameplay (although when I was talking to the Media Molecule guys at the LBP2 launch it seemed like they have some things planned, so we shall see...).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So much more than that. Steep learning curve, but its a great piece of kit.

but its not just a piece of plastic, its a controller with proper buttons. Unlike Wii controllers that just pull a lever and press the existing buttons the Sharpshooter has its own buttons that are mapped specifically for the game. Such as the reload button where the clip goes in, or the pump action mechanism, a switch to turn on single shot or automatic fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How much is it over here?I saw it in the U.S last week for $39,something tells me that's alot cheaper than over here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

but its not just a piece of plastic, its a controller with proper buttons. Unlike Wii controllers that just pull a lever and press the existing buttons the Sharpshooter has its own buttons that are mapped specifically for the game. Such as the reload button where the clip goes in, or the pump action mechanism, a switch to turn on single shot or automatic fire.

Well I think it's the must stupid looking thing I have ever seen in my life. You lot have never had a girl over to your house and if she sees you with a toy gun I know where I be heading the door

Also you look like a fool if your playing it in 3D with glasses and a toy gun in your hand and don't forget the dumb over sized headset
    If my girlfriend seen me play I game like that I will be showing the door for sure I can just about get to put on a pair of 3D glasses never made what the nerds also use with the game

I will add that the PS move is **** and never works right the 12 times I used I end up putting in down and saying I can't believe I wasted so much money on this crap

Also if you give out about 3D gaming with out ever playing it your a fool

Well I'm thinking of getting the Sharp shooter this weekend as there's 5 pound off HMV online and it seems the cheapest at 37 euro altogether.

Anyone know if it can be got cheaper and more importantly where i can get the whole move kit at it's cheapest. The eye toy, move controller and navigator. The best i found was on amazon which was under 60 euro for the lot but they don't deliver to Ireland.

Any help appreciated.

tok9 wrote: »
    Well I'm thinking of getting the Sharp shooter this weekend as there's 5 pound off HMV online and it seems the cheapest at 37 euro altogether.

Anyone know if it can be got cheaper and more importantly where i can get the whole move kit at it's cheapest. The eye toy, move controller and navigator. The best i found was on amazon which was under 60 euro for the lot but they don't deliver to Ireland.

Any help appreciated.

I think thats the best you will do mine was 45 in HMV store, there might be a socom bundle with the gun and camera etc but im not sure

Well I think it's the must stupid looking thing I have ever seen in my life. You lot have never had a girl over to your house and if she sees you with a toy gun I know where I be heading the door

Also you look like a fool if your playing it in 3D with glasses and a toy gun in your hand and don't forget the dumb over sized headset
    If my girlfriend seen me play I game like that I will be showing the door for sure I can just about get to put on a pair of 3D glasses never made what the nerds also use with the game

I will add that the PS move is **** and never works right the 12 times I used I end up putting in down and saying I can't believe I wasted so much money on this crap

Also if you give out about 3D gaming with out ever playing it your a fool

Thats strange coz i look awesome decked out with my red machine gun and ear piece, only slightly cooler than when ive my plastic GH controller out rocking out.

The girlfriend is always saying what are you doing its 2 am and your in your thirties go to bed ...... i know what she means...oh yea !!!

I think thats the best you will do mine was 45 in HMV store, there might be a socom bundle with the gun and camera etc but im not sure

Do you think it's worth buying for FPS games? I assume you've used it with Killzone

Do you think it's worth buying for FPS games? I assume you've used it with Killzone

Kind of hard to look around but in all honesty when you are in a fire fight and blasting Helgast with the gun it is flipping brilliant, best gun attachment ive ever used. So it has pluses and minuses

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You need a new girlfriend...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Any help appreciated.

If you can wait, this will probably be best for you depending on price.

socom4fulldeploymentedition.jpg

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    If you can wait, this will probably be best for you depending on price.

socom4fulldeploymentedition.jpg

I think I will wait. Just realised i've loads of games to complete and i could do with some money for a while anyway!

• Advertisement

If your were to buy that pack all separate it would be around 180-190 euro so anything under that is good going.

Advertisement